Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Old Feb 25, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
They only had diet pepsi in the mini-bar; I prefer diet coke
Ever since *wood brought on that executive from Pepsi, you'll have a hell of a hard time finding too many Coke products at *wood hotels. (Seriously.) About a nanosecond after he was on the payroll, *wood killed the Coke contract and reupped with Pepsi.

Ugh.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 2:50 pm

Stayed over Thursday, March 26 (thanks for the tickets to the Garden, Starwood). Valet parking was very efficient in and out, albeit expensive ($42, I believe). Quick check in and was upgraded to a junior suite on the 20th floor. Well sized, well furnished room with excellent views across the Charles towards Cambridge. Only quibbles might be that the bathroom was small and the floor layouts quirky. Bed seemed unusually comfortable. There is a Starbucks off the lobby, which was very handy in the morning. Did not use any other facilities other than the bar in the lobby, but all in all, was a very solid experience.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond
Robbery

I'm still new so please don't shoot me if this doesn't belong on the Master Thread, but I found an article today about an incident that occured. Read further through the article and you will see the part about the Westin Copley Place:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...icleid=1165729
Old Aug 3, 2009, 3:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
We had an excellent stay here this past weekend. We had our annual "cousins" weekend in Boston this year, and I chose the Westin Copley Place, partly because of the free weekend night promo. I used 2 nights for Mr. FB and me and 2 nights for Mr. FB's brother and sister-in-law. We arrived a little after noon, and check-in was no problem. Both rooms were junior suites on the 14th floor. We took room 1401, which was very bright and a good size for a junior suite. The room was separated into two parts: an entry with a LARGE desk and the main area of the room with a king bed, sofa and chair, another chair, and TV. The other room was the same, but a slightly smaller entry area. The windows are very large and offer great views, even from the 14th floor.

The location was perfect for us. The hotel is close to Newbury Street and other shopping and dining, as well as the Copley stop for the T. Being on the Green Line made it easy for us to get to the North End and Quincy Market for dinner and drinks each night of our stay. It was also convenient for getting to Fenway Park for our tour on Saturday morning. Also, the Duck Tours (hokey, but very entertaining) leave from in front of the Shaw's Supermarket that is a short walk away.

Finally, we visited Bar 10 each night we were there, and the beers were reasonably priced (compared to bars we visited in the North End and Quincy Park). The music in the bar reminded Mr. FB and me of music we had heard at W Hotels we have visited. We all gathered for Sunday breakfast at the Huntington, just behind Bar 10. The full buffet was $24, and it offered a variety of traditional morning foods. The Starbucks next to the lobby is another breakfast alternative.

We'd stay again without hesitation. However, I did notice some interesting issues with Starpoints crediting, like WestLA-FF did. My Plat amenity did post automatically. I also received 336 + 168 points for incidentals but I had $242 charges at Bar 10 and the Huntington ($192 before taxes and tips).
Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Nice stay at Westin Copley last weekend using free weekend nights. Had two rooms and both were upgraded to junior suites, although the nice river views weren't available. Location is fantastic and staff and service were very good.

Rooms could use a little refurbishment - new flat screen TVs since the last time I stayed there, but carpets have tears and stains, and furniture is very scuffed and worn. Desk chair was very wobbly and felt like it might fall apart if I sat down hard.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Stayed here recently and had a generally pleasant stay. We were upgraded to a junior suite on a higher floor with great views over the back bay.

The rooms are showing their age. The carpet was frayed and one of the drapes was torn near the top.

We tried to have a drink and appetizers at Turner Fisheries. But, after sitting at a table in their bar for nearly ten minutes with no one acknowledging our presence, we left and headed to Bar 10. As others have mentioned, it was good with a nice selection of beers.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Originally Posted by ledger
We tried to have a drink and appetizers at Turner Fisheries. But, after sitting at a table in their bar for nearly ten minutes with no one acknowledging our presence, we left and headed to Bar 10. As others have mentioned, it was good with a nice selection of beers.
We've eaten in Turners twice when we've stayed at the Copley Place, the 2nd time to sanity check the first rather negative experience and were again disappointed with the service - as you were.

Food is pretty good though when it finally arrives, and the clam chowder does live up to it's rep. but you can get the exact same dish in Bar 10 for less $ and with better service.

For foodies, I'd recommend eating in the Palm or taking a 5 minute walk into the mall and hitting Legal Seafood there on the 1st floor. Or if you want to dine with a view, walk a little further and head for the top of the hub restaurant - best to book in advance though. That view is actually worth a visit just for a cocktail at the bar up there on the 52nd floor!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jfknight
We've eaten in Turners twice when we've stayed at the Copley Place, the 2nd time to sanity check the first rather negative experience and were again disappointed with the service - as you were.
Glad to know it wasn't just us. Certainly won't be visiting Turner Fisheries on our next visit to Boston.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Funny. Turner Fisheries must post on Flyertalk at least three times a week about special deals and promotions they are having. If they spent as much time with their customers as they do on their Facebook updates, the reviews might be better.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:10 pm

Exclamation Danger Will Rodgers - Westin Copley Construction

I have been here for several days, and you need to be aware they are renovating the top floors. I am on 23, and they told me the work is 5 floors up. Be ready for some drilling and other annoying noises through the day. If you need to work through the day or be on the phone, get a low floor (find out where they are working) or stay somewhere else until the reno's are done.
Otherwise, as always, a good stay - good location, nice views (which is why you want to be high with river view) and good staff.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:04 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
My family did Thanksgiving dinner at Turner Fisheries last year (we were in LA so missed it), and liked it enough that we're all going back this year.

I'll try to remember to post back.

I, too, have been unimpressed with it as a dining destination. Ate there once as a hotel guest, once as a business dinner. Thought it was good, but not as good as other local alternatives.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Plat, Virgin Elevate
Had a terrible stay here last night. After a long day of travel I got to bed around 4am. Fell into the super comfy Westin bed my room on the 20th floor. Four hours later, still exhausted, I am woken up by -- and I am not kidding - a JACKHAMMER directly above my room. Every once in awhile the jackhammer would shut off and be replaced by a powerdrill. Apparently there is construction going on in this hotel, something I would expect to have been told about before hand! No one made any mention of it. I called the desk who apologized for neglecting to mention that construction was going on from 8-5 everyday on the floor above mine and was switched to a room on the 11th floor where I did not hear the noise. I am a light sleeper though and could not get back to sleep. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth though; how can you not notify your guests, particularly one checking in in the AM hours, that there is HEAVY construction going on in the hotel? eeek. Moved to the W, and will not be staying at the Westin again.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Plat, Virgin Elevate
Well I decided to give this hotel a second chance, and do not regret it. I explained to the front desk clerk my problems with the terrible construction during my stay the night before last, and he upgraded me to a lovely junior suite on the 9th floor, which he assured me was as far away from the construction as possible. As I understand it, the construction is on the top floors, so if you stay here during construction I suggest you request a low floor room.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by anonymousderek
Apparently there is construction going on in this hotel....
About time! This hotel really needed a renovation badly. I usually prefer Westin (don't get my started on W Boston), but I go for Sheraton Boston whenever I'm in town.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: United 2P, QMM, eleVAte
Originally Posted by anonymousderek
Well I decided to give this hotel a second chance, and do not regret it. I explained to the front desk clerk my problems with the terrible construction during my stay the night before last, and he upgraded me to a lovely junior suite on the 9th floor, which he assured me was as far away from the construction as possible. As I understand it, the construction is on the top floors, so if you stay here during construction I suggest you request a low floor room.
I stayed on the 10th floor very recently and I could definitely hear construction during the day. Also, my room was really in poor shape: a huge mustard yellow stain on the carpet and on the duvet (as if a mustard bottle had exploded), lamp shades that looked like a dog had chewed them, and a shower that didn't drain well. I assume I got an unrenovated room, and while I had a great rate, I would have been pretty ticked if I had paid any more than I did...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.