Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Copley Place - Boston [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:46 pm

Swimming pool

Just wondering if the Westin has a reciporal agreement with another Marriott property for guests that might want to make use of a pool? Not sure if anyone would know
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 5/18 - 5/19

Check In: The agent was really nice and complimented me on being Titanium (wow you must travel a lot!) and told me they'd upgraded me to a junior suite because I was Titanium. I gently corrected her and told her I'd used a SNA for it.

Room: I'm not sure who they're kidding when they call this a junior suite. The only "suite" area is a tiny little "living room" that's literally a small table with two chairs and a TV on the wall. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit here. The bedroom itself is big and the views were incredible. I was on the 34th floor with sweeping views of downtown and the river. However, the room itself is pretty dated. When I stayed here last year in a normal room it was well renovated but this room looks very late 90s Westin chic. It also had a tiny bathroom and I had to use a surge protector near the bed for outlets.

Lounge: The lounge itself is a very pleasant little room to hang out in. Annoyingly, breakfast stops at 10 AM on weekends and it's also pretty paltry. They had just two hot dishes, a scrambled egg dish and a weird pancake looking dish, plus some fruit and yogurt and breads. It was a little disappointing.

Other: As always location wise I love this hotel. You're steps from the T or Commuter Rail and Amtrak at Back Bay, there are so many good restaurants you can walk to and I had no trouble getting a 3 PM checkout. Still, fairly disappointing use of a SNA.

I used SNA and got the same room type but it’s been upgraded I think but still really disappointing as now there is a large couch where the table was which is still unuseable. Was also told upgraded, but the people that I spoke to at the front desk were rude and unhelpful ( also titanium) .

And when I commented on that the managers all defended staff and didn’t apologise.

completely agree with the poor offerings in the lounge which are pretty unhealthy for a Westin for sure ( night = nachos with sour cream and cheese x2 and nothing else really other than bags of crisps). They also wouldn’t accommodate food intolerance. And in the restaurant it was all fried food other than a small array of fruit and pastries. Any comments on that were met with rude defensiveness as well

It’s in a good location for sure, but this is not a hotel I will return to - and the lounge and food offerings are subpar for a chain which sells itself as a healthy chain.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by lallied
I used SNA and got the same room type but it’s been upgraded I think but still really disappointing as now there is a large couch where the table was which is still unuseable. Was also told upgraded, but the people that I spoke to at the front desk were rude and unhelpful ( also titanium) .

And when I commented on that the managers all defended staff and didn’t apologise.

completely agree with the poor offerings in the lounge which are pretty unhealthy for a Westin for sure ( night = nachos with sour cream and cheese x2 and nothing else really other than bags of crisps). They also wouldn’t accommodate food intolerance. And in the restaurant it was all fried food other than a small array of fruit and pastries. Any comments on that were met with rude defensiveness as well

It’s in a good location for sure, but this is not a hotel I will return to - and the lounge and food offerings are subpar for a chain which sells itself as a healthy chain.
So one cannot make much of a ‘meal’ out of the AM and PM offerings?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Stayed 3 nights over the weekend in early August. Room pretty nicely renovated. Also, slightly bigger IMO than a "normal" US hotel room. Was roomy enough that we could fit a rollaway bed (in a 2 Queen Room), which was nice for our family of five (at check-in I asked about a room upgrade that wasn't available but that FDA mentioned that a rollaway could fit also). Lounge was actually open (!). Opened last week of July. Closed the weekend, but open for breakfast during weekdays. Very nicely sized and appointed, though the actual hot offerings were weird and not what I wanted (i.e., no eggs, bacon/sausage etc. but instead had some quiche type dish etc.). Other offerings (drinks, breads/bagels/muffins, etc.) were fine. That said, it was nicely comfortable and much bigger than many other lounges in the US. There was an attendant checking people in at the entrance.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What were the lounge evening offerings?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Unfortunately, I left Monday morning (and the lounge was closed Friday evening), so I cannot report on the evening offerings...
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 1/8 to 1/9

Check In: I arrived at 1:15 PM with reservations for two Kings. Both were ready. Staff was very friendly and inquired if I needed any help.

Room: We were given two King rooms on the 30th Floor with sweeping views of the Charles River and Back Bay. The rooms had a mini fridge, coffee maker, outlets near the bed, good Wifi and great showers. Bathrooms are a little on the small side though.

Dining: The lounge is currently closed on weekends so we each got a voucher for $25 off the menu at breakfast. My father and I ordered two entrees, sides, coffee and OJ and the vouchers covered it. We also went to Bar 10 for cocktails which was a nice experience.

Other: There is some construction going on at the hotels, particularly in the ground floor and lobby and some of the escalators are closed. Overall though it was a very nice stay and I was glad to be back.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
This was my first stay on my Bonvoy account - I need to head back at some point to see how it's doing (especially as it sounds like they aren't being scammy with breakfast).
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
This was my first stay on my Bonvoy account - I need to head back at some point to see how it's doing (especially as it sounds like they aren't being scammy with breakfast).
Walking back up to the Westin Copley Place today was a surprisingly emotional experience. Little did I know back in January 2020 when I started my Bonvoy account and arrived at the Westin Copley for my first ever solo vacation of what was in store for me over the next 2.75 years. I've done and seen so many things I could have never imagined, and I like to think that the Westin Copley had a small part to play at catalyzing this beautiful obsession of mine. Here's to many more years of journeys and, hopefully, Heavenly beds!
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:20 pm

Hahaha. Talk about nostalgia. I'm so old, I remember the Westin being constructed. I spent a lot of my college years in Beantown, and Back Bay was one of my usual haunts. Back then I'd stay at the Sheraton Pru'. I remember windows popping out of the Hancock Tower and the dead birds that flew into them. Now I'm getting verklempt. 😮‍💨
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:41 pm

The Westin Copley still shines after 2.75 years - in fact, it shines brighter than I remember (though is not perfect). Here's my summary:

Pros:
  • Glorious views from my River View King on the 34th floor
  • Fantastic Heavenly bed - fluffy pillows, thick covers (though one layer had some lumps), and plush mattress
  • Great shower with nice pressure
  • TV updated with Internet TV OS
  • Lovely and large sofa great for lounging and watching TV
  • Effective climate control kept it cool on a hot Boston day
  • Pretty welcome gift of chocolate fruit bark given at check-in
  • Delicious breakfast at Bar 10 given as the Elite welcome gift choice - pancakes come with bacon included, and coffee was tasty (the breakfast says $25 limit, but I was told to not worry about a check even though tip would bring it over $25 - the second morning, I didn't even receive a check as the server took my voucher at the start - no charges appeared on my bill)
  • Breakfast service was efficient and friendly
  • Daily housekeeping performed without requesting it
Cons:
  • No Studio Suite or suite upgrade given (Studio Suite types listed as Almost Sold Out)
  • Late checkout only until 2 PM granted at check-in (convention property)
  • Long lines at check-in - no Elite line, but things did move quickly
  • Not many accessible outlets (especially around the bed)
Notes:
  • Evening service on Sunday in the lounge had a salmon dish with sides of asparagus and potatoes - I tried the chocolate cake (not bad)
  • I did peek into weekday breakfast service in the lounge - some sort of frittata dish and strips of bacon - I would pick the Elite welcome breakfast vs. the lounge
Overall, I would absolutely return to the Westin - no reason to wait another 2.75 years!

Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:10 pm

Just booked two nights at this Westin with points, but was hit with $30 a night for "destination amenity fee + government taxes and fees". Is this standard for Boston or the new normal? I've never been charged to book hotels with points before...
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by R2134
Just booked two nights at this Westin with points, but was hit with $30 a night for "destination amenity fee + government taxes and fees". Is this standard for Boston or the new normal? I've never been charged to book hotels with points before...
There wasn't a destination fee at my last stay - just checked my folio. Must be a new development - you would be hit with it on cash or points bookings.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Only Marriott lets its BFF hotel owners get away with this practice on points reservations - neither Hilton nor Hyatt does.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Only Marriott lets its BFF hotel owners get away with this practice on points reservations - neither Hilton nor Hyatt does.
A practice inherited from FlyerTalk's favorite company, Starwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.