Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 14, 19, 7:59 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DaveMidknight
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 19, 21, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post
What's the standard suite at this property and how good are they at applying SNAs?
We are 2 for 2 using SNA's. Both were during the summer months and for 3-4 night stays. But - both were before COVID - not sure what impact that has. They were 2018 and 2016 I believe. At least one trip was a Grand Park View Suite. I don't recall if the other trip was the same or an Art Deco Suite.
Old Nov 27, 21, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Skywards Gold
Stayed here for 4 nights. Upgraded to a Grand Park View Suite via SNA. Had another 7 nights but the SNA didn't go through so we left as space is an important factor to us.

London is packed nowadays so no complaints regarding the SNA not going through. Tried it at 2 other hotels and didn't go through either. Lucky for me the Grand Residence opened up and I snatched a suite over there.
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jan 4, 22, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
Stayed here for 4 nights. Upgraded to a Grand Park View Suite via SNA. Had another 7 nights but the SNA didn't go through so we left as space is an important factor to us.

London is packed nowadays so no complaints regarding the SNA not going through. Tried it at 2 other hotels and didn't go through either. Lucky for me the Grand Residence opened up and I snatched a suite over there.
Wondering what room you originally booked to be upgraded to a Grand Park View suite?
Also wondering if i need to use an SNA (only platinum), I'm looking to stay here in February. Given all the new restrictions lockdowns in London I assume upgrades shouldnt be an issue due to limited number of tourists etc.
Old Jan 4, 22, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by babyg_wc View Post
Wondering what room you originally booked to be upgraded to a Grand Park View suite?
Also wondering if i need to use an SNA (only platinum), I'm looking to stay here in February. Given all the new restrictions lockdowns in London I assume upgrades shouldnt be an issue due to limited number of tourists etc.
I've been upgraded a lot from the base room to the Grand Park View Suite, both with and without using SNAs; but I've also found that when it's very busy there aren't any upgrades available (understandably as they're fully booked!). In general, I've always found the Sheraton Grand Park Lane to be fairly generous with upgrades. I have stayed here a lot though!
Old Jan 4, 22, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
I've been upgraded a lot from the base room to the Grand Park View Suite, both with and without using SNAs; but I've also found that when it's very busy there aren't any upgrades available (understandably as they're fully booked!). In general, I've always found the Sheraton Grand Park Lane to be fairly generous with upgrades. I have stayed here a lot though!
Good data point thanks Soulfish this is my first year as a Marriott plat, so i don't have a huge history with any Marriot properties or really know the ins/outs of upgrades (both complementary / sna).
When do you typically see upgrades appear (when NOT using an SNA), is it on check in, or do you know a few days out via the app/website.
Old Feb 4, 22, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Anybody in a position to comment on SNA upgrades at Sheraton Grand PL vs JW Marriott Grosvenor House? Looking at a 5-night stay in October. Assume 5 nights might be a problem.
Old Feb 4, 22, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Skywards Gold
Apologies for not responding earlier. But it was a deluxe room.
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Feb 9, 22, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
Anybody in a position to comment on SNA upgrades at Sheraton Grand PL vs JW Marriott Grosvenor House? Looking at a 5-night stay in October. Assume 5 nights might be a problem.
I booked a standard room for this weekend a while back, but the SNA has not cleared and i have to cancel in the next few hours for a refund. I have been upgraded to a Club Room (which is very nice of the hotel) without the SNA being used, but Clubr Rom is only 29sqm... thou its really the space im after... may end up cancelling the booking in the next few hours sadly.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 4:08 am

Even when quiet I’ve not been too successful re. an upgrade here (as Titanium), reason politely given is that it’s a very popular location for Elite’s and SNA’s.
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:12 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Generally stopped staying here after it very much seemed like a policy change not to upgrade above Club Rooms for Ambassador Guests or even frequent guests. Always said they were busy even though during a stay occupancy was mentioned to be under 30%, this was last year not long after restrictions eased. Dont know if there was a change of policy, but certainly felt like something shifted over the previous few years.
Old Feb 10, 22, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Even when quiet Ive not been too successful re. an upgrade here (as Titanium), reason politely given is that its a very popular location for Elites and SNAs.
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
Generally stopped staying here after it very much seemed like a policy change not to upgrade above Club Rooms for Ambassador Guests or even frequent guests. Always said they were busy even though during a stay occupancy was mentioned to be under 30%, this was last year not long after restrictions eased. Dont know if there was a change of policy, but certainly felt like something shifted over the previous few years.
I got distracted last night trying to book LHR-SYD flights and didn't cancel my booking. SNA hasn't cleared, i guess reading the above this is to be expected.
Lets see if the front desk has any flexibility, but I'm not holding my breath now giving I'm not a frequent visitor (twice a year) and only platinum.
Old Feb 10, 22, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun View Post
would you recommend another location?
Old Feb 11, 22, 5:11 pm

I got distracted last night trying to book LHR-SYD flights and didn't cancel my booking. SNA hasn't cleared, i guess reading the above this is to be expected.
Lets see if the front desk has any flexibility, but I'm not holding my breath now giving I'm not a frequent visitor (twice a year) and only platinum.
Well it seems the hotel looked after me, i got upgraded to a Park View suite (i noticed my online booking changed today in the morning).. the suite is amazing and i didn't even use an SNA. Thank you Sheraton Grand upgrade gods!
Old Feb 12, 22, 1:27 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Well it seems the hotel looked after me, i got upgraded to a Park View suite (i noticed my online booking changed today in the morning).. the suite is amazing and i didn't even use an SNA. Thank you Sheraton Grand upgrade gods!
That is great news and thank you for reporting back. Out of interest how many nights are you staying for?
Old Apr 3, 22, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Question, I am an Ambassador Elite, been assigned room 731, is that a suite? TIA

Search this Thread