Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:51 am

Does anyone have a direct email contact for the hotel manager or other staff?

Colin Bennett is the manager listed on our reservation.

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
A close friend of mine just stayed here. He is a PLT and was upgraded to a suite. He says it was a great property, esp for his first time staying there. Ive stayed here many times and I like it too. I however have 6 nights booked at the LM for Sept, but thats because of the lounge access.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
It sounds like if you are SPG Platinum you stand a good chance of getting upgraded to an excellent room, even on an award stay. However, for those of us who don't have status, the Park Lane sounds a little scary. I was planning a points based stay (most of the points earned with my MBNA Mastercard) next May, but I'm wondering if I should reconsider. Are the standard rooms at the Sheraton Belgravia any better? I can't afford to go for the Park Tower.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Great White North
However, for those of us who don't have status, the Park Lane sounds a little scary. I was planning a points based stay (most of the points earned with my MBNA Mastercard) next May, but I'm wondering if I should reconsider. Are the standard rooms at the Sheraton Belgravia any better? I can't afford to go for the Park Tower.
Park Lane has some pretty nasty rooms that you can stuck with with no status. The basic rooms at the Sheraton Belgravia are better from my experience.

If you do reserve at the Park Lane, you usually get an upgrade option (Ł30 per night from memory) to an Executive room which should mean you get something acceptable though. Not to say you will get a bad room there, but there is a chance.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
It sounds like if you are SPG Platinum you stand a good chance of getting upgraded to an excellent room, even on an award stay. However, for those of us who don't have status, the Park Lane sounds a little scary. I was planning a points based stay (most of the points earned with my MBNA Mastercard) next May, but I'm wondering if I should reconsider. Are the standard rooms at the Sheraton Belgravia any better? I can't afford to go for the Park Tower.
Even with status you can get completely hosed at this hotel. Not just once, but several times...

Put me in the category of Park Lane haters.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:08 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Studio suite

Does anyone know how many points a studio suite is here? I saw somewhere that it was 14.5l/night.. is it still that? are there any other suites here available for redemption (or worth redeeming for)?

thanks
FDW
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
While I can't answer your question about the number of *Points it takes, I CAN tell you that my preferred room in this hotel is a Studio Suite. I have been in regular rooms, I have been in Upper floor Park View suites, and I still prefer the studio suite as it has a fantastic bath, very comfortable bedding and is just the right size for me.

Dave
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Lifetime,
2 beds ?

I am taking my Nephew to London for his birthday. After reading all the posts and the reviews on TripAdvisor I decided that for 4000 points and $60 a night this would be an OK place. With the postings on standard rooms at the Park Lane I am now a little concerned. Should I be?

I am SPG Gold, and interested in the possibilites to upgrade to the executive rooms.

The problem is that we require 2 beds in the room. Is this possible in the exec rooms? My Niece and I stayed at the Park Tower in EZE last summer and the only 2 bed rooms available were standard rooms. Still very nice standard rooms, but standard.

Does this hold at the Park Lane?

Just back from this trip. The Park Lane was great for us. We ere put on 7 an exec floor, so I cannot speak to the concerns about the classic rooms.

It is an older hotel. There is an art deco coolness about it that you can almost see Hercule Poirot enjoying the lobby. Our room had been nicely updated. The bath had a separate rain shower. The service from the concierge who arranged LSO tickets for us was top notch. The location was excellent. All in all I am embarassed that I was concerned about the hotel from the other reviews.
Count me as a Park Lane Lover.

Last edited by ord1963; Apr 5, 2010 at 8:24 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
There are Executive rooms with 2 beds available.

As a Gold, you might get an upgrade to one of these, but I wouldn't rely on it. Personally, I would recommend getting an Executive room as they are a lot nicer than the Classic rooms.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: Free Agent
I'm a hater. First time here for 2 nights on a C&P stay. Was originally upgraded to a junior suite (853). Great views. Interior was old, but okay. Unfortunately, it was a connecting room and that meant that I could hear my neighbors very clearly. It appeared that it was an Italian ladies' weekend out (lots of laughing and such) so I sighed and got a different room.

My new "Executive" room was on the 7th floor, in a x55 room that's on the end of the building. The interior was about the same condition as my junior suite, and was very quiet. The room was on the cool side, and you couldn't adjust the thermostat (according to the front desk, it was fixed). The bathroom was marbled, but the windows were so poorly fit that the cold seeped in. I actually felt a bit of a breeze once or twice! Maybe it was cheaper to have the bathroom door close automatically than replace the windows.

I lost track of how many times I repeated to myself "$60/night". If I were paying any more, I'd be furious. I'm just going to suck it up next time and stay at the Park Tower or the upcoming W.

All my encounters with the staff were excellent though.

Edited to add:

I talked to a "shiftleader" (Mr. Velasco) who was very receptive to my comments, especially after I told him that I felt his hotel should be demolished. He understood my complaints about the connecting rooms, and promised that an engineer would look into the sealing of the bathroom windows. He asked me several times if he could do anything for me, but I demurred, and just thanked him for listening to my rant. But he gave me his card and told me to contact him next time I'm in town, and he would do his best to accommodate me in an acceptable room. He also noted that refurbishment was in the works, but was uncertain of the timeframe.

Last edited by Condition One; Mar 9, 2010 at 5:50 am
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
Just got back from a weekend stay at this property. Booked a regular room on points on Friday afternoon, though this required the Platinum concierge to intervene with the hotel since they were willing to sell all room rates online, but claimed they were sold out when asked about points.

Notified the Platinum Concierge that I would be proposing this trip, and the hotel upgraded me to the Lord Peter Wimsey suite previously mentioned on the 2nd floor - Three rooms, foyer, and a bathroom the size of the bedroom just about with full bath and a shower bigger than most peoples closets. A bottle of champagne was brought up to the room along with both points and the 'local' jelly beans offered as platinum amenity.

For 10,000 points, I definitely can't complain. Glad to avoid the standard rooms, and when I first saw the 2nd floor room number I was worried about noise issues previously talked about but there was absolutely no problem. Very odd walking down the hall looking for Rm 209 and not seeing it, then realizing it was the one at the very end of the hall with a huge name engraved on the door. Very cool stuff!

The upgrade showed up in advance while checking the SPG iPhone app and was offered a "best of luck" when checking in as well. Very impressed with the time it took for service to come to the room, first to bring an iron and then for champagne. Concierge as expected got us nice theater tickets last minute and recommended a nice restaurant we would of never found ourselves. Drinks downstairs were expensive but tasty... typical of a Mayfair hotel.

BTW - she said yes!
Old May 18, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I booked this hotel for 3 nights the weekend before last. Fri & Sat were using my points, Sunday night was paid. I had stayed here before a year earlier and got an upgrade to an Executive park view room which was lovely.

This time while I was waiting in line to check in I overheard the reception agent telling an angry guest that there were absoutely no upgrades available as the hotel was completely full. So I was thinking I might be out of luck on an upgrade which, at the time, was fine. I have learned to not expect upgrades every single time. When I got to the front of the line I was told the same thing... no upgrades and all they had were "classic" rooms and was assigned a room on the 1st floor.

When I opened the door my jaw dropped..what a dump! Suddenly I knew why the guest in front of me in line was so angry. I can't believe any hotel calling themselves Sheraton would even have a room like that... it's embarrassing! Tiny, dingy, no shower, air conditioning was a bulky free standing unit on the floor with a hose connected to the window..ridiculous. I went down and calmly complained.. they offered to move me to the Park Tower for additional points.. I didn't want to change hotels. In the end I took the "classic" room for the first night and was moved to a park view executive for my last two nights. The guy who helped me was great..very professional and did the best he could. He said they are steadily renovating all the rooms but they're doing it from top to bottom so the classic rooms on the lower floors aren't done yet.

Until they are renovated those "classic" rooms need to come with a clear warning to those that are considering booking them. I have a minimum set of standards when I stay at a Sheraton branded hotel and these rooms do not meet those standards.
Old May 18, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I was on award stays last July for 3 nights as a Plat. Was "upgraded" to executive room, which was basically a Motel 6 room. The view from room? A wall. The room is tired and old and I'm glad I'm on award. I will never pay to stay here.
Old May 18, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: SVO - WKORV, WPORV, WKV, WSJ
I thought I posted this from my trip last Aug-Sept (2009), but I guest not...

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth millions.

btw - I have little status and was staying on points (1 level upgrade - 5th nite free) - It must be my charming personality...
Rm 351 at the Park Lane - it was wonderful stay for 5 nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsA-J1iAEvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb4We8e5B_A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.