Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dubai: which Starwood property? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai: which Starwood property? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:33 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Are any of the other Starwood properties, besides the Al Sondos Suites, convenient to currently open Metro stations?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Four Point SZR is close to Financial Center station

Grosvenor House, Sheraton Jumeirah Beach, Le Meridien Beach Resort, Westin Dubai, and Le Meridien Mina Seyahi call all be reached by way of Marina Metro Station. There is a free connector bus which goes from the metro station along the beach road.

Four Points Bur Dubai is near the Khaled bin Waleed station
Four Points Downtown Dubai is about 1 mi/1.5 Kms from this stop
Dar Al Sandos Apartments is as well (will be closer to the green line when it opens next year)

Sheraton Dubai Creek is near Union station

Al Sandos Suites is on top of City Centre stop

Le Meridien Dubai and Fairway are not too far from the airport stops though Le Meridien is closer. If walking to the Le Meridien Dubai, you would probably have to get off at Terminal 1, walk across the overhead walkway to the parking area and get there from there. Possible but it is not very pedestrian friendly around the airport.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Complimentary airport shuttle?

Couldn't find any info about this online...

Does anyone know if any of the SPG properties in Dubai offer complimentary airport shuttle? The Le Meridien Fairway did this way back, but they're not part of SPG

And would anyone know if there is any cocktail hours at the club lounge at Dar Al Sondon Apartments?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
None of the hotels has complimentary transport to/from the airport any more (unless you have paid for a premium room at the Grosvenor House). Most including the Fairway charge around 55 dirhams each way. It is cheaper to take a taxi.

They do have snacks/drinks in the evening at the Dar Al Sandos Apartments though they seem to have reduced staff since the financial crisis and the offerings are not as plentiful as before.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Is Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai near a metro station?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:30 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Scott218
Is Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai near a metro station?
Not really. When the Green Line opens it will be closer, but it will still be a 10-15 minute walk. It's at least a 20 minute walk to the Red Line station, probably longer since distances in car-scaled Dubai can be quite deceptive.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Sheraton Dubai Creek or Jumeirah?

Which property would you stay at? Does one have better service over the other - or location that trumps the other?

Using points next weekend for transit nights in and out of DXB. Have 18 hours - so a little time to explore. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 3dTravel
Which property would you stay at? Does one have better service over the other - or location that trumps the other?

Using points next weekend for transit nights in and out of DXB. Have 18 hours - so a little time to explore. Thoughts?

Thanks!
jumeirah is a much better property but the sheraton dubai creek is in a much better location....it all depends on what is more important to you....
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by saad
jumeirah is a much better property but the sheraton dubai creek is in a much better location....it all depends on what is more important to you....
Yes and keep in mind the horrific traffic between the two. Actually I stopped going to Dubai several years ago so I'm just assuming it is still terrible. Back then it could be two hours to go out to Jumeriah or back at peak periods. I think it could be worse now, but not really sure.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes and keep in mind the horrific traffic between the two. Actually I stopped going to Dubai several years ago so I'm just assuming it is still terrible. Back then it could be two hours to go out to Jumeriah or back at peak periods. I think it could be worse now, but not really sure.
Well good news for you then because there is no where near that much traffic now. There is still road construction and metro construction which make things like a maze in some cases but the traffic is not terrible as was the case several years ago. You can get from the airport to Jumeriah in about 30 minutes without traffic and it has take me no more than an hour and that time was because of an accident I believe.

With the metro opening and people leaving Dubai due to losing their jobs and bankruptcy, it has thinned traffic quite a bit.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Much appreciated - I was interested in airport commute as well.

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I would go for Sheraton Jumerah, but if you want to spend your time in Dubai Mall then go to creek or Dar AlSandos (very cheap) they even transport from and to the airport free of charge and breakfast too.

I'm currently staying at the Grosvenor House (which is very close to the Sheraton Jumerah) and it would take time to get to the Dubai Mall but it's close to the Emirates Mall.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I would go for Sheraton Jumerah, but if you want to spend your time in Dubai Mall then go to creek or Dar AlSandos (very cheap) they even transport from and to the airport free of charge and breakfast too.

I'm currently staying at the Grosvenor House (which is very close to the Sheraton Jumerah) and it would take time to get to the Dubai Mall but it's close to the Emirates Mall.
i'm not a big fan of the dubai mall....this place is huge....deserves its own zip code....i can never find anything there....
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I will be in Dubai in December for 5 nights arriving on a Tuesday leaving on Sunday night (or is it Monday night 2AM).

We want to stay in SPG hotels but am having a tough time to find out where to stay as I do not know the area very well.

I do however would like to stay at the Sheraton Jumeirah for one or two nights as I have one FRN left which would other ways go to waste. I did look at the Grosvernor House but it is a bit to expensive at 1150AED per night, or is this really worth it for one or two nights?.

Which hotel (s) would you guys recommend for first time visitors to Dubai who want to sight-see and do all the touristy stuff? (we have no problem in hotel hopping a bit)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomas199023
I will be in Dubai in December for 5 nights arriving on a Tuesday leaving on Sunday night (or is it Monday night 2AM).

We want to stay in SPG hotels but am having a tough time to find out where to stay as I do not know the area very well.

I do however would like to stay at the Sheraton Jumeirah for one or two nights as I have one FRN left which would other ways go to waste. I did look at the Grosvernor House but it is a bit to expensive at 1150AED per night, or is this really worth it for one or two nights?.

Which hotel (s) would you guys recommend for first time visitors to Dubai who want to sight-see and do all the touristy stuff? (we have no problem in hotel hopping a bit)
when in december are you in dubai????i'm there during the first week & will be at the sheraton jumeirah....

i really like the grosvernor house but i usually stay at either one of the four points in bur dubai or sheikh zayed road....

the sheikh zayed road property is well located & close enough to most of the touristy stuff....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.