Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, Alaska.
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Does anyone have any thoughts about the location of the Four Points? At $99 it is much more attractive than the Sheraton at $205, and I don't mind a walk - if indeed it is walkable?
never been to the hotel ever but I plan to stay there in October for a string of concerts because of its low starpoints redemption rate (3000 pts/night) and that its a few minutes walk to the arena.

Its quite a walk (20-30 mins) to downtown from the hotel but there is the seattle monorail for $4 roundtrip traveling between seattle center (a block or two next to hotel) and the middle of downtown. there is also public transit going from downtown to seatac airport. hope this helps.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:31 am

Does anyone have any thoughts about the location of the Four Points? At $99 it is much more attractive than the Sheraton at $205, and I don't mind a walk - if indeed it is walkable?
It's about a half hour walk from the other Sheraton. Not too bad. You're pretty much in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood and only a few blocks from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation HQ.

You can always take the monorail to city center rather than walking.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
it is walkable but also remember that Seattle has a free bus zone area. It looks like this is on Roy Avenue which is closer to the Belltown/Queen Anne area. For savings of $105 per night I think it would be worth it. Also, it's a new property as well.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:06 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Walkable from what? A quick google search shows that it is 1.4 miles walking from the Sheraton Seattle to the Four Points.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:19 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Its a really long walk from our favorite bar on Capital Hill

When are you coming?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ldsant
it is walkable but also remember that Seattle has a free bus zone area. It looks like this is on Roy Avenue which is closer to the Belltown/Queen Anne area. For savings of $105 per night I think it would be worth it. Also, it's a new property as well.
This property is located well outside the free bus zone area. Best bet for transportation into the core downtown area would be the Monorail www.seattlemonorail.com which runs from Space Needle to the shopping district approx every 15min for $2 each way. It is walkable, but probably 15+ city blocks. A taxi would probably be ~$7 plus fuel surcharge if currently in effect.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Just did back to back weekends at the Sheraton and W respectively, after 1 night stays at the Sheraton/Westin last year.

Westin clearly a step down from the previous two. W is fine (and has a great gym and easier parking as mentioned), but lacked the special W-ness of other properties. Amazing to say that the Sheraton is definitely the go-to property in this town!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by ashi_seattle
This property is located well outside the free bus zone area. Best bet for transportation into the core downtown area would be the Monorail www.seattlemonorail.com which runs from Space Needle to the shopping district approx every 15min for $2 each way.
This is exactly what I did staying at a Hampton Inn years ago, which happens to be almost beside the new 4P.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Quick one nighter...

I usually stay at the FS in Seattle...but I'm in and out for one night (with about 7 hours total at the hotel overnight) and decided I'll try something other than the FS. Silly to pay $500 a night for such a short stay when I won't be able to take advantage of really any aspect of the property (beyond the comfortable room).

I'm booked at the Sheraton for $159 a night. The Four Points is $127 a night. I'm indifferent as to the location.

I've never stayed at a Four Points before.

I think I'm probably best off staying at the regular Sheraton...but some reviews of the FP look pretty good. Should I go down a brand I try the Four Points?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:24 am

If you have to stay in the downtown core, the Sheraton is far more convenient if don't have a car.

From what I've read on TripAdvisor, it looks like construction is still going on.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:16 am

Any recent recommendations on the best SPG hotel to stay in downtown Seattle?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by darcyt
Any recent recommendations on the best SPG hotel to stay in downtown Seattle?
My favorite is still the Westin, I love the rooms and the staff is always top notch. It is also close to both light rail lines and easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. If you want a great burger Relish inside the lobby is my favorite!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:26 am

The Westin has been recently re-modeled but the wifi speeds are ridiculously slow. The suites are nice and generous in space. No idea about regular rooms. Still no lounge. I do find the service better here, though.

The Sheraton is showing its age but if you stay in the Union St Tower, those are much nicer (and newer). Sheraton has a lounge but it's nothing spectacular.

The 4P is the worst of the 3 and is always my last choice. In fact, I'd rather stay in Bellevue than the 4P.

Unless you're at the Convention Centre (which is beside the Sheraton), I'd just choose whichever gave you the best rate.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold
In August I will be coming in on a red eye for LIH. I will have one full day in Seattle before headed to Crater Lake the next day with my son. My key criteria:

1. Easy public transportation from the airport
2. Central to main sites and good food (will do the Needle)
3. Using points so not really interested in the W premium
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:46 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by ghia74
In August I will be coming in on a red eye for LIH. I will have one full day in Seattle before headed to Crater Lake the next day with my son. My key criteria:

1. Easy public transportation from the airport
2. Central to main sites and good food (will do the Needle)
3. Using points so not really interested in the W premium
Both the Sheraton and the Westin fit your needs. I like the Sheraton and it is probably a little closer to the airport train and things like the market but only by a few blocks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.