Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
From the FAQ:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, UA, American
Mahasamatman, thanks a lot for the follow up. I saw that in a search but disregarded since I saw a (start) date of '06 on it and I figured much had changed. After cruising the content, the questions have been answered...staying at the Sheraton!

Mod; feel free to relocate / delete posting.

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
W-Seattle - much more fun!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
I prefer the Sheraton by a nose over the Westin. Better, more modern rooms (though the ones at the Westin are a good size).
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Stay at the Sheraton...go on the Macy's package and get a $100 gift card for your stay. Nice lounge as well.
The front desk sucks because they do not have a Plat line but if you walk up to the desk they will serve you first....
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:57 pm

I stayed at the Sheraton Downtown last month and was pleasantly surprised. I usually like to stay at the W but sometimes it's just too expensive. I find the Sheraton to be a nice alternative and a better value. The hotel has just been renovated and the location is great for shopping. I got a platinum upgrade to a spacious corner suite with a fantastic view plus access to top floor club lounge. If you like to use the club lounge a lot, make sure your room is in the same tower as the lounge – it was a bit of a hassle getting there because my room was in the other tower. I highly recommend staying at the Sheraton. Enjoy your trip.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
I prefer the Sheraton, as the rooms appear to be renovated more recently than the Westin, the location was better (closer to shops and restaurants), and it had a lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by Z-man
The front desk sucks because they do not have a Plat line but if you walk up to the desk they will serve you first....
They do have a Plat line, but it seems they only put out the sign during peak times.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:25 am

Sheraton is much nicer and has a lounge.

-David
Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Last time I was there, I checked out of the Westin after one night and into the Sheraton (and I'm a Westin guy for sure). The former is just a very tired property (with a bathroom I could barely turn around in) - the Sheraton is newer and fantastic.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I stayed at the Sheraton last weekend, and honestly, with all the ranting and raving being done, it's not that warranted. My "renovated" "suite" had paint chips all over the bathroom, the door was disguising (some sort of makeup all over the handle), the closet doors were flimsy and falling off, the furniture in the room was old feeling. The one saving grace was the club lounge which is beautiful, had two TV's (neither was in HD though). Snacks were ok, breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular. I also had to wait about 5-7 minutes to check in. For me, I'll keep this a Marriott city and go to the Renaissance or Marriott Downtown waterfront.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: Airtran A+ Elite, SPG Preferred Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, AGR
Enter Content
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold
I'm going to be in Seattle for vacation in late May - will mostly likely there 2 days and then taking an Alaskan cruise with my husband to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary

I'm debating over which SPG hotel to stay at so am looking for advice.
I'm pretty sure we want to be downtown since that's probably where all the "action" is in terms of things to see/do, right? Can someone advise how far the piers are? (ie. the piers from where the cruise ships leave)
And also approx how far the airport is?

Assuming I want to be downtown - that gives me the Sheraton, the Westin and the W to choose from - I believe.

We will probably use SPG points for the stay- and fyi, we're both gold spg members.
Generally, I love the Westin brand hotels so tend to pick that if i have an option - tho we've been very impressed with other brands globally - Sheraton in Lisbon for example was great, as was the Meridien in Barcelona. IMO the Sheratons in the US haven't been up to par with their global offerings.

From what I can see in these forums, there are some mixed reviews on hotels in Seattle... and some of the reviews have been a few years old so I'm not sure if there are current changes/improvements. If anyone is familiar with the area, or has stayed there recently, I'd love to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:45 am

New Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Seattle- Opening Aug 11, 2011

New Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Seattle- Opening Aug 11, 2011
This will replace the Comfort Suites Downtown / Seattle Center,

Category 2 !!!

Address:

601 Roy St.
Seattle,
Washington
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Does anyone have any thoughts about the location of the Four Points? At $99 it is much more attractive than the Sheraton at $205, and I don't mind a walk - if indeed it is walkable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.