Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I've been at the Westin as of late and have to say that as a Platinum I would definitely select the Sheraton over this hotel. There are not any benefits for a Platinum guest whatsoever (not even a free bottle of water) except for the 500 points.

Staying tonight I asked "were you able to upgrade me this evening based upon my Platinum status?" He said "yes, you have a lovely deluxe suite" I said great. Hands me the key I said "Umm... I was in this exact room last week - it's not a suite at all; just a regular room." He said, "Oh."

Waited for over an hour to receive my bag from the valet folks. Called to Service Express 3 times. Finally received it. Discussed it with the manager on duty who said "I'll call you later tonight after I find out what happened." Never had a return call.

The location of the Westin is great as well as the views (if you're high enough up on the sound side of things) but I would definitely give the "edge" to the Sheraton at this point.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Question Westin Seattle Club Lounge?

In Jan I booked a 4 night stay in Seattle for April.

They said the Sheraton was "full" and the Westin was available. The plat concierge told me he recently stayed there and they do have a club lounge.

I had not heard this and it does not seem anyone here has been in it either .. strange huh?? Perhaps he was mistaken?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:28 pm

Help.Need recent updates on any/all Spg,Seattle.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by Getiton
Help.Need recent updates on any/all Spg,Seattle.
This thread has recent information from one month ago. . .there are also threads regarding other Seattle properties. Please use SEARCH in the upper toolbar, enter keywords Starwood and Seattle to read all of the threads. If you question still isn't answered, please post your exact question that may not be entered anywhere in the thread. This enables others to be of assistance. Thanks.

ldsant
*wood co-Moderator
Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by ldsant
This thread has recent information from one month ago. . .there are also threads regarding other Seattle properties. Please use SEARCH in the upper toolbar, enter keywords Starwood and Seattle to read all of the threads. If you question still isn't answered, please post your exact question that may not be entered anywhere in the thread. This enables others to be of assistance. Thanks.

ldsant
*wood co-Moderator
Right you are,My mistake.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AAdvantage, Northwest, Continental
I was only a Gold when I was there last but I had excellent treatment. The new tower was not done yet. But if you are doing any business or attending any conferences at the convention center. It is really close. It is like one block. So if you are thinking about a hotel that is close. This is it. The Westin is a little bit of a walk from the Convention Center.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by gleff
Whatever you do don't [i]eat[i] at the Alexis, truly something awful.
I've had great meals and stays at the Alexis (bookstore bar) and other Kimpton's in Seattle, Tulio in the Vintage Park is a standout. We all like to keep our SPG status, but if rates are high it's worth checking out the Monaco, Vintage Park & Alexis. W fan might appreciate them more, but a Sheraton/Westin fan may not.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nroscoe
I've had great meals and stays at the Alexis (bookstore bar) and other Kimpton's in Seattle, Tulio in the Vintage Park is a standout. We all like to keep our SPG status, but if rates are high it's worth checking out the Monaco, Vintage Park & Alexis. W fan might appreciate them more, but a Sheraton/Westin fan may not.
I've actually considered this: about a year ago, I thought about cutting over entirely to Kimpton - because of the three Seattle properties. I know one of them (Monaco) has evening happy hours, so the absence of a lounge is not an issue. Plus the rooms themselves are very nice. I've been told by coworkers who are frequent Kimpton guests that the program is better than it looks on paper - that is, they treat you well, upgrade you well, and throw in little perks that they aren't required to do.

Only thing that prevented me from switching is the fact that the rewards redemptions are both slower and more limited in terms of number of properties than a major program. In the time it takes me to earn 1 free Kimpton night, I'd earn 70k-80k Marriott points or 20k-25k SPG. Since my business trips are done solo and little time is spent in the room, my priority is maximum rewards earnings. So in Seattle, I'm mainly at the two Marriotts, with the occasional drop-in at the W if a good promo is calling my name.
Old May 18, 2007, 7:37 pm

Which Seattle wood has the best location ??

It will be our first time in Seattle and we will be there Thurs-Sun in mid Sept.
Old May 18, 2007, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Please use the search feature as there are a number of threads dealing with every aspect of the Seattle hotels.
Old May 18, 2007, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Between the Westin and Sheraton in Downtown Seattle, I prefer the Sheraton without a doubt. The Westin is old and in dire need of a remodel. Since you will be in Seattle in Sept, the Sheraton is opening their new addition (400+ rooms) next month (June), so the issue of older rooms is no longer an issue. Unfortunately the parking fees at either properties are quite expensive ($25-$35). No experience with the W in Seattle. I am sure if you did a search in this forum, you may find more information.

Have a good trip.
Old May 18, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The W, Sheraton and Westin all have good locations. Location-wise, it really shouldn't matter which one you choose. Room rate and room quality is another matter. If I recall correctly, I saw the W on the Travelzoo Top 20 this week as featuring a $179 rate.
Old May 18, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
The W is my vote
Old May 18, 2007, 11:16 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by ezron
It will be our first time in Seattle and we will be there Thurs-Sun in mid Sept.
If you are asking "Which Seattle *wood is best," then I agree with some others - W Seattle, but it all depends what do you expect to *wood, and each person's expectation is different, based on member level, how much to spend, etc.

But I know you are asking "Which Seattle *wood has the best location ??"
This also depends on what will you do, where will you go, whether you use public transportation or rental car, etc.

In either case, if you do simple search, type "Seattle" on "Search this Forum", you will find a few useful threads including "Seattle Properties - MASTER THREAD".
or Seattle: Westin or Sheraton?

I usualy don't throw "Do search first" line but in this case the question is too ambiguous and has too much dependency, I think nobody but yourself can help...
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:30 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Parking question - SEA property

Hi Idsant, or any SEA local folks,
I'm going to stay Sheraton-Westin in begining of July, and have a few questions about Parking.
(I stayed Sheraton and W a few times before, used parking.)

Q1. My last stay at Sheraton Seattle, massive construction was on-going, and they said dur to construction they had valet parking only (no self parking). Is it still the case? I mean, is construction over and self parking allowed now ?

Q2. I never been Westin Seattle before - Do they have self parking? How much is valet? (Well, I guess I'll call Hotel directly about this later,)
How easy/difficult to do self park at Westin Seattle, compared to Sheraton Seattle?

Thanks,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.