Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:51 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
I have stayed here on award with 2 adults and a teenager, so 3 adults, no problem. I don't know about 4 adults.

I would call to book award room and clarify you have 2 adults, plus 2 kids and see what the response is.
I think your definition of child doesn't match our hotels.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ashley1245
Family travel questions:

1. I just booked a room with an SPG agent over the phone. I booked on points. It's a slightly upgraded executive room, but not a suite. I told the agent that it would be 2 adults, a 2 year old, and a newborn. I told him that I wanted to make sure that was ok. He assured me that would be fine, and that he would make notes on the reservation about the number of occupants and that we would need a crib. Has anyone successfully stayed in a room on points with 4 occupants? If I need a rollaway, I know there is a charge for that, and would pay for that. However, I don't want to be turned away because 4 people aren't allowed in one room. I'm going to email the property, but just wanted to see what others had experienced.
I just did this a week or so ago. 2 adults with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. No issues whatsoever. We didn't get a rollaway though, 4 year old cosleeps and 1 year old got a crib.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by elleana
I just did this a week or so ago. 2 adults with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. No issues whatsoever. We didn't get a rollaway though, 4 year old cosleeps and 1 year old got a crib.
Perfect, this is what we will do as well. Thanks so much!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Renovations on Floors 21 and 20 are complete which includes the Club Lounge. They opened them up last week. New furniture and fixtures throughout. Very modern feel and much need refresh of the carpet. Keep in mind that only 2 Executive Suites have been renovated which are on the 20th floor. Floor 21 doesn't have any Executive Suites. They are selling these newly renovated rooms as "Grand" rooms when you are booking.

Here are some photos of a corner room on Floor 21 and the Club Lounge:
Attached Images       
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:20 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Is that a Cityside room? I've only seen shutters on that side. I don't like the idea of not having blackout curtains.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is that a Cityside room? I've only seen shutters on that side. I don't like the idea of not having blackout curtains.
Yes, it was a Cityside Room. Room 2106, which is at the end so similar to a Jr. Suite sized room. They have electric blackout blinds behind the shutters.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
It looks nice to me. will give it a try next time in Sydney.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Yes, it was a Cityside Room. Room 2106, which is at the end so similar to a Jr. Suite sized room. They have electric blackout blinds behind the shutters.
I know they have Corner rooms that are a little bigger, but only the City Side have the shutters. On lower floors it only makes the room even more darker and dull.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Renovations on Floors 21 and 20 are complete which includes the Club Lounge. They opened them up last week. New furniture and fixtures throughout. Very modern feel and much need refresh of the carpet. Keep in mind that only 2 Executive Suites have been renovated which are on the 20th floor. Floor 21 doesn't have any Executive Suites. They are selling these newly renovated rooms as "Grand" rooms when you are booking.

Here are some photos of a corner room on Floor 21 and the Club Lounge:
That looks nice. Did they mention when they will finish renovations? Did you hear them working on other floors? Thanks for posting the pics!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Sheraton or Hyatt Regency Question

Hey folks,
I'm traveling to Sydney in the next little while and am trying to decide on the Hyatt Regency or Sheraton. I have SPG Gold status through Marriott and Hyatt Globalist light (light -- from the credit card promo on now). I've never been to either hotel, and was curious if the most experienced folks over here have any thoughts on which place would be preferable, and what the pros and cons are.

Also a technical question: will the SPG Amex business card get me lounge access at the Sheraton?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
Hey folks,
I'm traveling to Sydney in the next little while and am trying to decide on the Hyatt Regency or Sheraton. I have SPG Gold status through Marriott and Hyatt Globalist light (light -- from the credit card promo on now). I've never been to either hotel, and was curious if the most experienced folks over here have any thoughts on which place would be preferable, and what the pros and cons are.

Also a technical question: will the SPG Amex business card get me lounge access at the Sheraton?

Thanks in advance!
I think the SOTP is a much nicer hotel - It's on the Park, close to the CBD shopping area including food courts at Westfield's, the club lounge is one of the best SPG lounges in the World and the gym and pool have great views. The club has just been refurbished too.

The HR is a monstrous, soulless hotel and the main rooms are very, very small. Darling Harbour is a tourist trap and the hotel is always busy.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Just arrived here. Great stay so far. Club lounge was crowded but worth it. Oysters are still available.
Apparently they are starting gym renovations tomorrow. They told me that one would have to go two blocks to the Westin then and use the gym there. Pool appears to remain unaffected of this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:44 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
Just arrived here. Great stay so far. Club lounge was crowded but worth it. Oysters are still available.
Apparently they are starting gym renovations tomorrow. They told me that one would have to go two blocks to the Westin then and use the gym there. Pool appears to remain unaffected of this.
Did they mention when they will complete the gym renovations? Have a great stay!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:30 am

Just got here for a few nites stay using my spg points. I have spg gold. Do i get lounge access? Reception never mentioned when i checked in.

My room is facing the back :/ but the room is refurbished. Was told the refurbished gym will be open tomorrow sat.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by seks
Just got here for a few nites stay using my spg points. I have spg gold. Do i get lounge access? Reception never mentioned when i checked in.

My room is facing the back :/ but the room is refurbished. Was told the refurbished gym will be open tomorrow sat.
Unless you booked an Executive Room then no. From memory it’s not a lot of extra points. See if you can upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.