Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
I hope they supplement the keycard access with manual checking of room numbers. Unfortunately the lounge attendants seem rushed off their feet cleaning tables and replenishing food and drinks. I am tired of not being able to find a seat in SPG club lounges due to other guests abusing the lack of monitoring and inviting other people into the lounge who have no right to be there in addition to their +1. It's often people who are not even staying at the hotel.

The other problem that needs fixing is inconsiderate guests playing music, videos and video calls via their phones and tablets without using headphones. The noise resonates around the whole lounge which is supposed to be a place to relax.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Saint4805
I hope they supplement the keycard access with manual checking of room numbers. Unfortunately the lounge attendants seem rushed off their feet cleaning tables and replenishing food and drinks. I am tired of not being able to find a seat in SPG club lounges due to other guests abusing the lack of monitoring and inviting other people into the lounge who have no right to be there in addition to their +1. It's often people who are not even staying at the hotel.

The other problem that needs fixing is inconsiderate guests playing music, videos and video calls via their phones and tablets without using headphones. The noise resonates around the whole lounge which is supposed to be a place to relax.
FWIW, as a guest who's probably been here more than most, I've not had any occasion at all where there weren't sufficient seats, or where interlopers were obviously smuggled in past the attendants, or where the ambience was significantly disturbed by inconsiderate others.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:28 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, as a guest who's probably been here more than most, I've not had any occasion at all where there weren't sufficient seats, or where interlopers were obviously smuggled in past the attendants, or where the ambience was significantly disturbed by inconsiderate others.
wait until the programs merge. I predict the lounge will be very busy thereafter based on my own experience that Marriott lounges are all too often total zoos.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:33 pm

Yes, in the new lounge this evening and very pleasant. They now give a voucher at check-in for evening and breakfast so you need to present to the server (who remains my favourite attendant in any lounge). Probably 30% full and a nice atmosphere (though the nearby bar is loud). I believe Friday and Saturday they will do happy hour in the bar still so lounge may not be open every day. I remain a fan of this hotel, especially as some years ago, prior to the refurb, I refused to stay here.

i posted elsewhere, this and the Sheraton Park Lane have become two of my go-to hotels in London from do not stay previously.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:22 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Yes, in the new lounge this evening and very pleasant. They now give a voucher at check-in for evening and breakfast so you need to present to the server (who remains my favourite attendant in any lounge). Probably 30% full and a nice atmosphere (though the nearby bar is loud). I believe Friday and Saturday they will do happy hour in the bar still so lounge may not be open every day. I remain a fan of this hotel, especially as some years ago, prior to the refurb, I refused to stay here.

i posted elsewhere, this and the Sheraton Park Lane have become two of my go-to hotels in London from do not stay previously.
Wait, so you can't go to the lounge in the morning to get a coffee, go exercise, (shower hopefully), and then go to breakfast? This kind of defeats the purpose of the lounge. But then again, you wouldn't catch me there since I think the Skyline is much better.,
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
We had the vouchers last month. Very strange. Also strange that in a British hotel there were no local beer options in the lounge. The renovated rooms were nicer than the Skyline but the Skyline still gets the nod for me because it is within walking distance of the Red Pheasant and other local pubs as a food alternative. Those within walking distance of the Sheraton were markedly inferior IMHO.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:51 am

From a colleague, recent stay :

Vouchers for evening drinks, and for breakfast, in the club lounge were issued and collected.
Breakfast can be taken in the lounge ONLY now. If you want the restaurant buffet, it will be an extra £15.95. As per the menu below, you can pay to augment your club breakfast with a la carte items.
The sausages included in the club offering were anaemically undercooked.

Platinum gift wasn't offered at check-in, and no amenity points posted by default either.

Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This is MaRiot clamping down on "rogue" hotels not adapting to their (sub)standards.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:23 pm

Platinum gift wasn't offered at check-in, and no amenity points posted by default either.
This was true of my recent stay. To their credit when I emailed I got a quick reply, apology and immediate posting of points.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I just completed a 1-night stay here. A few points:

Front desk told me the property is recently renovated, though the renovation was done on the cheap. Elevator interiors weren't updated. There is already considerable wear-and-tear, at least in the third-floor room I was given. Some things, such as room doors, weren't even replaced, let alone painted (most of the doors were horribly scuffed up). The dark gray or light black carpeting, both in the halls and the rooms, is horrible because it shows everything. Plus, I found the carpeting difficult to navigate with a rolling suitcase.

No newspapers available, except a couple of copies in the lobby.

The bathroom in my room was horribly designed because you couldn't turn on the shower without getting wet. My room had no storage space, except for a small closet. Sadly, no real coffee was provided. Just a kettle and instant coffee, which is below the self-advertised 4-star standard of the hotel, in my opinion. No clock in the room. Slippers and robe provided, but no mouthwash or dental kit. Unlike many Sheraton properties, no loofah. Also, the mattress and bedding was not the signature Sheraton mattress. The pillows were a faux feather/foam combination.

No enhanced wireless internet access.

My platinum premier ambassador status was recognized at check-in. I was given a choice of a full English breakfast in the restaurant, 1,000 points or one of several amenities, including wine and cheese varieties. I was asked to sign a card acknowledging my choice.

The club lounge is keycard-accessible 24 hours, but according to the menu the food selection is quite limited. There is a heavy up-sell in the lounge, at least judging from the signage, for more substantial food, both at breakfast and at night.

Oddly, there is no bar in the lobby. The bar is hidden in the back of the hotel behind the club lounge, which itself is behind the restaurant. You could stay at the hotel and not know there is a bar. Stupid design, if you ask me.

As I was told the shared, multi-stop shuttle to/from Heathrow was 10 British pounds cash each way, I opted for Uber and a black taxi.

FYI: The hotel is managed by Sheraton, not a third-party.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Nov 19, 2018 at 5:37 am
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I just completed a 1-night stay here. A few points:

Front desk told me the property is recently renovated, though the renovation was done on the cheap. Elevator interiors weren't updated. There is already considerable wear-and-tear, at least in the third-floor room I was given. Some things, such as room doors, weren't even replaced, let alone painted (most of the doors were horribly scuffed up). The dark gray or light black carpeting, both in the halls and the rooms, is horrible because it shows everything. Plus, I found the carpeting difficult to navigate with a rolling suitcase.

No newspapers available, except a couple of copies in the lobby.

The bathroom in my room was horribly designed because you couldn't turn on the shower without getting wet. My room had no storage space, except for a small closet. Sadly, no real coffee was provided. Just a kettle and instant coffee, which is below the self-advertised 4-star standard of the hotel, in my opinion. No clock in the room. Slippers and robe provided, but no mouthwash or dental kit. Unlike many Sheraton properties, no loofah. Also, the mattress and bedding was not the signature Sheraton mattress. The pillows were a faux feather/foam combination.

My platinum premier ambassador status was recognized at check-in. I was given a choice of a full English breakfast in the restaurant, 1,000 points or one of several amenities, including wine and cheese varieties. I was asked to sign a card acknowledging my choice.

The club lounge is keycard-accessible 24 hours, but according to the menu the food selection is quite limited. There is a heavy up-sell in the lounge, at least judging from the signage, for more substantial food, both at breakfast and at night.

Oddly, there is no bar in the lobby. The bar is hidden in the back of the hotel behind the club lounge, which itself is behind the restaurant. You could stay at the hotel and not know there is a bar. Stupid design, if you ask me.

As I was told the shared, multi-stop shuttle to/from Heathrow was 10 British pounds cash each way, I opted for Uber and a black taxi.

FYI: The hotel is managed by Sheraton, not a third-party.
You can take the public bus, which is free but you need to walk down the road about 200 metres and cross it (going back to the airport). It’s ok if just with light luggage.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

You can take the public bus, which is free but you need to walk down the road about 200 metres and cross it (going back to the airport). It’s ok if just with light luggage.
The Hoppa is £5 each way or a £9 return, not £10 each way as hockeyinsider described.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN

The Hoppa is £5 each way or a £9 return, not £10 each way as hockeyinsider described.
I was referring to buses 75, 76 or 423, which are free public buses inside the Heathrow zone. This is different to Hoppa but not as convenient if you have heavy luggage.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by RichMSN

Front desk told me 10 pounds.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:22 am

Sadly, no real coffee was provided. Just a kettle and instant coffee, which is below the self-advertised 4-star standard of the hotel, in my opinion.
Just curious, in your opinion, what in-room coffee should a 4-star chain hotel be offering, over and above a kettle and sachets of instant ?

Again, just curious, was the standard internet connection so deficient that an enhanced service was needed ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.