Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:22 pm
DH

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
My personal preference for going to/from the airport is the #197 (airport express) bus or UberX.
Is Airport Express bus number still valid? When I planned the schedule on https://9292.nl/en, I'm getting Connexxion Bus 97 from airport bus stop to Leidseplein (Stadhouderskade) stop.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DH
Is Airport Express bus number still valid? When I planned the schedule on https://9292.nl/en, I'm getting Connexxion Bus 97 from airport bus stop to Leidseplein (Stadhouderskade) stop.
NO it's now 397 the stop going to the hotel has changed slightly for the better. It stops short of the bridge so you don't have to walk down and across the bridge and going back to the hotel take a right out of the hotel and walk down to the stop it's close.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:23 pm
DH

Originally Posted by edgewood49
NO it's now 397 the stop going to the hotel has changed slightly for the better. It stops short of the bridge so you don't have to walk down and across the bridge and going back to the hotel take a right out of the hotel and walk down to the stop it's close.
Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by DH

Thanks!

welcome at least you won't have to cross over to the bridge.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
We are heading to the Marriott Ams in early September.
Any update on the bus number from Schiphol? 397 and 197 have been mentioned.
Also, any room recommendations. We are Platinum and hoping for an upgrade for our 7 night stay.
thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Bus 397. On arrivals at Schiphol the bus stop is all the way to the right, so not exactly in front of where you exit. During daytime there is a small Red Van who sells tickets. Although you can also buy tickets in the bus, but these more expensive (€6) and only one-way.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by EHAM1
Bus 397. On arrivals at Schiphol the bus stop is all the way to the right, so not exactly in front of where you exit. During daytime there is a small Red Van who sells tickets. Although you can also buy tickets in the bus, but these more expensive (€6) and only one-way.

The 397 now drops you off just down the street instead of on the bridge. Still a bargain I just buy on the bus
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
Thinking of booking the Marriott on points for a stay in early October. What do people think of booking now, or waiting after the SPG merge in August... Would the points requirements change to my benefit?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by chauncey
Thinking of booking the Marriott on points for a stay in early October. What do people think of booking now, or waiting after the SPG merge in August... Would the points requirements change to my benefit?

Frankly I would book now rather than trying to beat the merger. I am not sure the redemption level /points required are going to change right away. Whatever you do Make Sure you have executive lounge access. The lounge in the property is one of the best in the world. I love this property and have for many many years, it's the oldest Marriott in Europe actually the first.

enjoy
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
the Amsterdam Marriott is going up in points - book now if can. We have stay booked for April.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:03 pm

Thanks for the tips! I booked today, but selected the most basic points redemption (i.e., no extra costs to have lounge access or a guaranteed better room). I'm assuming my Plat status will get us into the lounge ad maybe an upgrade at checkin.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:19 am

Thanks for the tips! I booked today, but selected the most basic points redemption (i.e., no extra costs to have lounge access or a guaranteed better room). I'm assuming my Plat status will get us into the lounge ad maybe an upgrade at checkin.
You should get the Executive Lounge access and it's great! Enjoy oh the site seeing boat stops just across the street
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:25 pm

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Yes, we booked basic room with the Travel Package, and we got access to the Lounge while we were waiting for our room to be cleaned. Which turned out to be completely worth the wait, as we got upgraded to an Executive Suite on the top floor with a glorious view of Amsterdam from the spacious balcony.

Enjoy your trip,
--woodstock
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:12 pm

Any stay reports or info on the Sir Albert, a new Design addition in De Pijp? The Sir Adam is solid, so curious about this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.