Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Taipei [to Close December 31, 2018] [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

WESTIN EXECUTIVE CLUB LOUNGE
OPENING HOURS 0600-2200
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST 0630-1000
TEA TIME 1100-1700
HAPPY HOUR 1800-2000
Print Wikipost

Westin Taipei [to Close December 31, 2018] [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: marriott
update on renovation?

Does anyone know if renovation is still going on? I'm considering booking a stay in late March but don't know if it's worth it to deal with construction. Will rates go up as a result of the facelift?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:19 am

Read some of the other travel forums such as tripadvisor and people have posted that the renovations were still going on as of February but contained to certain floors. I am considering booking a week worth of stays there in late May and wanted to know what the benefits are for spg platinum members after the renovation...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by jenjen226
Read some of the other travel forums such as tripadvisor and people have posted that the renovations were still going on as of February but contained to certain floors. I am considering booking a week worth of stays there in late May and wanted to know what the benefits are for spg platinum members after the renovation...
I was going to stay there tomorrow night but decided instead to stay at the Hyatt as SPG won't let me book an award stay for 3 adults.
Old May 26, 2012, 2:40 am

By the way, forgot to make a crucial comment about Westin the last time I stayed there 6 months ago. Do NOT go to their Japanese restaurant, it is a disaster that will cost you easily $1500-$2000 NTD if you want to get fed, but the food is horrific.

The rest is excellent. Friendly staff all around, internet speed decent.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by myperks

Overall
Decent place but is showing age (hence the renovation). Since this place is the only SPG property in Taipei currently offering availability with C+P, i say ^.
I was able to book C+P at the W in Taipei for early next month. I don't know if that's a change from November. I am new to C+P but it looked like there was availability (consistently) on certain days of the week but not others.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
yes, Sun-Tuesday nights available (at the W), but BTW, this thread is regarding the Westin Taipei, not the W which is the prperty you scored your C&P at......

Originally Posted by Maykita
I was able to book C+P at the W in Taipei for early next month. I don't know if that's a change from November. I am new to C+P but it looked like there was availability (consistently) on certain days of the week but not others.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
yes, Sun-Tuesday nights available (at the W), but BTW, this thread is regarding the Westin Taipei, not the W which is the prperty you scored your C&P at......
Yes, I know, I was directly responding to a post saying that the Westin is the only SPG where C+P availability exists. Apologies.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:29 pm

C+P is at the disgression of the local general manager. Last time I've visited only Westin has C+P but not Sheraton, and this time in July I noticed only Sheraton has C+P but not Westin. So it depends.

Also, I find it a bit amusing that Westin, this July, is going at $7300+ NTD per night as a Cat3 place. But Sheraton, after being upgraded to Cat4, is only going at $6600+ NTD per night with option for C+P. Guess the word is out that Westin is a superior place in Taipei.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:35 pm

Westin Taipei is Cat 4, its never cat 3 in the recent years.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
Westin Taipei is Cat 4, its never cat 3 in the recent years.
Not according to SPG.com in members bookings, it shows Category 3.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I did a check on the hotel page and booking page in spg.com and it's stated at cat 4.
Old May 27, 2012, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I did a check on the hotel page and booking page in spg.com and it's stated at cat 4.
You guy's are right, I am wrong. Must have misread Section 3 (part of address) as Category 3. But yes, it says Category 4.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Any further updates on the renovation? Is the lobby still mostly under wrap? Anybody had a chance to check out the renovated room?

Thanks.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Chihster
Any further updates on the renovation? Is the lobby still mostly under wrap? Anybody had a chance to check out the renovated room?

Thanks.
Lobby is done last time I was there, and I supposed I stayed in the new rooms as they look very modernized with state-of-the-art equipment and amenities.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Cool, hope to get a chance to stay there....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.