Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:04 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cranrob
The restaurants on property are top-notch, but rather expensive. Il Mulino was wonderful, but $75 for a Pizza, a Pasta, and a Side of Spinach seems excessive.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney.
No kidding!

I don't find the Swan restaurants any more expensive than most of the other mid- to higher-range Disney park area options. It's no bargain, but then 'bargain' isn't a word I associate with any aspect of the Disney experience -- at least as I am forced to experience it.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by cranrob
Just back from a few days here. This is a Westin-Branded hotel (according to SPG.COM), but they don't seem to adhere to brand standards at all...

No Heavenly Bed, no Heavenly Bath, no Westin Bath Products, etc.

Actually the only "Westin Difference" items I could find were that that hotel was non-smoking and they had the White Tea fragrance in the lobby.

The restaurants on property are top-notch, but rather expensive. Il Mulino was wonderful, but $75 for a Pizza, a Pasta, and a Side of Spinach seems excessive.
The Swan beds are advertised to be Heavenly Beds. How was your bedding different from the proper Heavenly bedding?

I was rather surprised, though, that the Swan switched from the Bath & Body Works toiletries to the Sheraton's Shine by Bliss instead of the Westin's White Tea.

The Swan does participate in the Unwind experience, so it's not completely unlike a Westin.

I find the signature restaurants to be comparably priced to the Disney signature restaurants. The biggest pricing difference to me has always been that they don't participate in any discount programs (Tables In Wonderland, for example). The non-signature restaurants at the Swolphin, though, offer a discount to AAA and DVC members.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ImprovGal
The Swan beds are advertised to be Heavenly Beds. How was your bedding different from the proper Heavenly bedding
The pillows are different (no cylindrical pillow like you get at a Westin), the bed isn't as soft as the regulation Heavenly Bed (more like the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper), and I believe the sheets were different too.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG-PLT, DL-PLT, AA-GLD (1 MM)
The last post in this thread was from September. Anyone have anything new to report from the last 3+ months? (I'm looking to book a room there for a family vacation.) Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Orange44
The last post in this thread was from September. Anyone have anything new to report from the last 3+ months? (I'm looking to book a room there for a family vacation.) Thanks!
We stayed at the Swan 4 or 5 times in 2009. Our last stay there was the Saturday night after Thanksgiving, and it was similar to our other stays. When we were there the first weekend of June we got a junior suite on a $119/night AAA rate, but other stays we were upgraded from limited view rooms to resort view rooms. As others have mentioned, the hotel appears to be branded as a Westin but has bath products from Sheraton. The resort fee actually buys something, unlike some other places that charge the fee, and valet parking is $18/day if I remember correctly. I hope this helps.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Originally Posted by Orange44
You can check out my review here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post12871046
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG-PLT, DL-PLT, AA-GLD (1 MM)
Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Dolphin

Stayed at the Dolphin after Christmas for a couple of nights. The room was okay. A little tired and the bathroom had not been cleaned well. After a call, housekeeping came and did their very best to make things right. The most disappointing of the stay was the valet parking. They would bring your car up, lock it and you could not find them to get the key. At ck out, we got a bellman with no problem and he did get our luggage to the curb but then nothing. No help with the luggage to the car, and no keys. We could not find who had the keys etc. After I had asked at the window a couple of times, the manager finally was called over and he was curt (at best). Anyway, I don't think I would stay there again, if I had another choice,
Old May 4, 2010, 11:11 am

Stayed at the Swan 4 nights last week; no complaints. As a Gold I had a standard room with a view of Epcot.

I refused maid service 2 of the nights and was supposed to get 500 SPG points for each night that I didn't get service. Does anyone know how long that usually takes to post?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Just back from a five night, two room stayover at the Swan. Upgraded to Grand Suite with connecting king bedded room and two double bedded room. Service was attentive and genuine. Quiet, given the time of year. Food was satisfactory at Il Mulino and Kimonos. Pool area proved refreshing for the entire family, given the 95+ degree weather.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K/GS, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
No more Conceirge floor

I just got back fromt he Dolphin and it appears that there is no longer a concierge floor at the Dolphin. What a bummer.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPG Junkie
Just back from a five night, two room stayover at the Swan. Upgraded to Grand Suite with connecting king bedded room and two double bedded room. Service was attentive and genuine. Quiet, given the time of year. Food was satisfactory at Il Mulino and Kimonos. Pool area proved refreshing for the entire family, given the 95+ degree weather.
Could I ask what you originally booked that resulted in this upgrade, and if you did anything special to get it (talk to manager/PC, pre-email, etc)? Also, was it pre-confirmed in any way?

I'd love to get something similar and was looking for any tips.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by AlxStevens
Could I ask what you originally booked that resulted in this upgrade, and if you did anything special to get it (talk to manager/PC, pre-email, etc)? Also, was it pre-confirmed in any way?

The 2 room stayover was booked utilizing points. We were celebrating a family birthday so I contacted the hotel via e-mail utilizing the contact address on their website. I was subsequently contacted by the Swan's Executive Assistant, who pre-arranged and confirmed all upgrades in advance (ie. Almost 4 months prior to arrival).

Had a great time!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by AlxStevens

I stayed here over New Years and had a grand suite. It was booked on points- didn't request it and never contacted the hotel. It far exceeded my expectations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.