Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Stayed here earlier this week for a few nights and was upgraded to a Cabana room which is my preference. On a brighter note while exiting the lounge one evening there were a couple of hotel employees just standing around and I commented on the new lift that was installed 2 weeks ago. I asked if more renovations were in store and was told yes that they are waiting for the final designs. Renovations should start later this year or by Q1 2010.

They both gave me business cards and I recognized the name of one of them as her name has been on the welcome notes along with the fruit/wine. The wine is no longer given and I'm not too sure about the fruit either. I made my booking about 4 hours prior to arrival so there was no fruit in my room. Not sure if this is permanent or just due to my booking being really late. Anyhow not such as a big of deal.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
Just spent 2 nights here. Cheapest flexible room was S$295++ which I think is very high for what you'd normally get (tired old rooms in a fairly poor location) compared with non SPG alternatives. As a Platinum, I got upgraded to the Cambridge Suite on the 17th floor and got my lounge access. This was automatic - I didn't need to ask. The Suite was very nice, a bedroom and separate living room, both compact but comfy. No fresh fruit that I could spot. The lounge is a new one and was pleasant enough (as were the staff) but as others have noted, it provides very limited b'fast and evening snacks (cf the BKK SPG properties, for instance). Also pretty average wine. The Tiger beer was fine, though. All seemed very quiet on the Mon/Tues nights so I'd guess occupancy was pretty low.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by I Claudius
Just spent 2 nights here. Cheapest flexible room was S$295++ which I think is very high for what you'd normally get (tired old rooms in a fairly poor location) compared with non SPG alternatives. As a Platinum, I got upgraded to the Cambridge Suite on the 17th floor and got my lounge access. This was automatic - I didn't need to ask. The Suite was very nice, a bedroom and separate living room, both compact but comfy. No fresh fruit that I could spot. The lounge is a new one and was pleasant enough (as were the staff) but as others have noted, it provides very limited b'fast and evening snacks (cf the BKK SPG properties, for instance). Also pretty average wine. The Tiger beer was fine, though. All seemed very quiet on the Mon/Tues nights so I'd guess occupancy was pretty low.

Seems like you were upgraded to one of the Heritage suites which is rare. I've been upgraded to one of the Heritage suites once in all my stays here.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:29 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Originally Posted by kluau88
Seems like you were upgraded to one of the Heritage suites which is rare. I've been upgraded to one of the Heritage suites once in all my stays here.
I was upgraded to the Beijing Suite during my 1 night stay in July'08.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:59 pm

Lucky me! It my have been a Heritage suite - they had a book inside the room listing their 'named' suites and showing pictures of these. It wasn't fantastic, though - old CRT TVs, fairly snug, old bathroom. Far prefer the suites in the BKK SPG hotels. Singapore St Regis is too rich for my blood so I've not had a chance to check that out. But I'll keep an eye out for bargains and now that it's been dropped to Category 5, I get to use my Platinum free night in it.

The last time I was at the Sheraton (Gold at the time) I got upgraded to a Cabana room which was very shabby. I should be back to Sing on a regular basis, now, so it will be interesting to see how I fare. Sounds like I should plan on being disappointed!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:57 am

Maybe it was a one off. My recent one night stay got me a corner room on the 5th floor. Very tired room and the next night I was at the St Regis at a lower rate!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:56 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Does anyone know if the Towers laundry benefit can be used for an overnight laundry job? I'm staying at the Sheraton for one night as a part of a Singapore layover during a round-the-world trip, and given that I'm going to be in the middle of an extended trip the Towers upgrade might be worthwhile for me so I could get some laundry done. But where it's only one night a normal daytime laundry service isn't much help.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
MRT station.

Anyone know which MRT station is the closest to the Sheraton.
Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Newton

Newton: exit station,turn right, walk about 100 meters, enter hotel.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by opushomes
Newton: exit station,turn right, walk about 100 meters, enter hotel.
Thanks.
Starting at Changi Airport, do I have to transfer.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:16 am

Yes. This requires multiple changes. First you need to switch at Tanah Merah interchange. Catch the EW line towards Boon Lay. Then you need to transfer at City Hall to the North-South Line towards Jurong East.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Note that everyone has to change at Tanah Merah (the train just runs btwn TM and Changi)- you get out one side of train cross platform to next train (no stairs)
Old May 1, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by colerc
Does anyone know if the Towers laundry benefit can be used for an overnight laundry job? I'm staying at the Sheraton for one night as a part of a Singapore layover during a round-the-world trip, and given that I'm going to be in the middle of an extended trip the Towers upgrade might be worthwhile for me so I could get some laundry done. But where it's only one night a normal daytime laundry service isn't much help.
Yes, they will have it back to you before you check out the next day if you note on the laundry slip or tell the butler when you're checking out.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:35 am

Just ended my stay there and I must say that a was impressed with the lounge plenty of food available and excellent service from the attendants.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Just completed two short stays

We were upgraded, as PLAT, to the Beijing Suite and to the Cambridge Suite, on our second stay. We had an enormous problem with Internet in the room. Although the wired connection worked fine, with WIFI was constantly at 0 - 1 bar (out of five). Because we have two laptops, this meant that only one of us could be online at any one time. We had to switch rooms several times to try and rectify it, and by the second stay, we just gave up trying.

Because we had early departures, I never had a chance to try the breakfast, so not sure how that was. Internet is not complimentary (except for some public Internet terminals one can use in the lounge). Good gym, which is open (w/ key card) 24 hours, although certain of the equipment is locked up during the night (such as the lat-pulldown bar---who is going to walk out of the Sheraton Singapore carrying a lat-pulldown bar??). Anyway, we stayed on cash and points, and generally found the service fine. One tip--some taxis are cheaper than others, so look to see the rate of a given cab before getting in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.