Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
I stayed here for a night last month and was very happy. So happy I've booked three more stays over the next couple of months. Its not cutting edge but found the staff very nice to this Plat. Better than the Westin which I also tried.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
I stayed here for a night last month and was very happy. So happy I've booked three more stays over the next couple of months. Its not cutting edge but found the staff very nice to this Plat. Better than the Westin which I also tried.
Thanks. I've been staying at the Westin which is a nice hotel but not terribly impressive. Did you get upgraded?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by Melodsal
Thanks. I've been staying at the Westin which is a nice hotel but not terribly impressive. Did you get upgraded?
I did. To the Vienna Suite.
Using SNA's for my next visit this week which were already confirmed.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
I did. To the Vienna Suite.
Using SNA's for my next visit this week which were already confirmed.
Thanks again!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:12 pm

Stayed here recently on points stay. Thanks everyone for their comments.

- We got upgraded to a towers room, so it looks like that's now happening? We had a corner room that was somewhat worn but clean. Front desk mentioned x pieces of complimentary laundry but then when I called the service desk to ask how many complimentary pieces we got the response was that complimentary laundry was not offered.
- Late checkout (4pm) was offered at checkin even without me asking.
- Small but decent gym.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:59 pm

This time I got an "upgrade" to a towers room last week and to a "terrace" room this week. Not great but more important for me is a quiet room for sleeping and I enjoy the lounge. It is summer holiday season so I notice quite a lot of groups with children from China. For me I'm happy to be on a quiet floor. Will see however what happens when I'm back in early September.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:41 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red

- We got upgraded to a towers room, so it looks like that's now happening? We had a corner room that was somewhat worn but clean. Front desk mentioned x pieces of complimentary laundry but then when I called the service desk to ask how many complimentary pieces we got the response was that complimentary laundry was not offered.
- Small but decent gym.
You will only get the laundry if you are paying for a towers room (like Sheraton RO Bangkok) not if you are upgraded
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Stayed two nights a month ago. Upgraded to Towers room. Hotel in need of refurb, but service immaculate
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver

- Small but decent gym.
Originally Posted by fdemoulin
You will only get the laundry if you are paying for a towers room (like Sheraton RO Bangkok) not if you are upgraded
You should get whatever benefits the room category entails even if it's an upgrade. Do file a case with Corporate CS if need to.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:35 am

Hello. I'm SPG Gold.

Is complimentary parking offered for booking made on award stay? Mine is a deluxe room.

Noticed that some guests booked on points stay managed to get upgrade to the towers. Does such upgrade entitle guests to access the lounge ? Deciding whether paying about $150 nett for the executive program is worth it ... Thanks !
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by appledabble
Hello. I'm SPG Gold.

Is complimentary parking offered for booking made on award stay? Mine is a deluxe room.

Noticed that some guests booked on points stay managed to get upgrade to the towers. Does such upgrade entitle guests to access the lounge ? Deciding whether paying about $150 nett for the executive program is worth it ... Thanks !
You would probably be assigned to a corner room or higher floor as Gold only entitled to enhanced room rather than an upgrade.

Same benefits applies regardless if it is a point or paid stay.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:41 pm

Just consumed a stay at this property and it was nothing short of wonderful and amazing!

http://jerrremy.wixsite.com/pointhig...wers-Singapore
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by appledabble
Hello. I'm SPG Gold.

You can normally get complimentary parking at the Sheraton (as with most SPG hotels in Singapore) regardless of status and type of stay.

Upgrades to executive rooms do come with lounge access in my experience.
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Just consumed a stay at this property and it was nothing short of wonderful and amazing!
I read your review and it didn't seem like that wonderful and amazing a stay to me. Poor front desk status recognition, dated exterior, hard bed, disappointing bathroom and amenities, uninspiring decor and facilities... the main perks were that you got a good BRG rate and a great upgrade.

To add, the restaurant breakfast was decidedly mediocre the last time I was there, the parking spaces are limited and carpark layout badly designed, and the rooms need a refresh badly. I like the Chinese restaurant quite a bit and would recommend it, but I can't say the same for the rest of the hotel.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
You should get whatever benefits the room category entails even if it's an upgrade. Do file a case with Corporate CS if need to.
Is this SPG standard? I did experience before where my room is upgraded but benefits not fully extended - during check in I was specifically told which are the benefits of the room NOT applicable to me
Old May 16, 2017, 10:45 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by horizontal
wonderful and amazin.
Good words to entice traffic to your own blog though, even if they are disappointed with the content and never return. I don't bother reading reviews not on Flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.