Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Oh, one more thing, I'm not a bfast guy but they put on quite a nice breakfast (except for the coffee).
Old May 15, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Haha, yes they should take down the awards from 15 years ago. They can put them back up when they win some new awards.

So there is no lounge open yet? That's disappointing. It was supposed to be open earlier this year.

It's a nicer hotel than the LM, but I like the LM more! Much more!
Old May 17, 2008, 8:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by kevino
... So there is no lounge open yet? That's disappointing. It was supposed to be open earlier this year. ...
I have been told several times that "The executive lounge will be opening in a few months". I have a stay booked for next week so I called to ask about the status. I was told it is under construction but there is no date announced for it's opening.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; May 17, 2008 at 9:18 am
Old May 19, 2008, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
After much to-ing and fro-ing -- and re-reading advice from previous contributors -- I went back to the Sheraton as I got one of those web-only deals on spg.com: SGD216 per night for two nights. Thanks!
Old May 26, 2008, 5:35 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I have been told several times that "The executive lounge will be opening in a few months". I have a stay booked for next week so I called to ask about the status. I was told it is under construction but there is no date announced for it's opening.
I was told last week that they expect it to be open at the end of June. God knows they're making enough noise building the thing...
Old May 26, 2008, 5:40 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I was told last week that they expect it to be open at the end of June. God knows they're making enough noise building the thing...
Yes, I saw many different representatives from the Ministry of the Environment (some holding manuals on Asbestos) in the elevators...(some of whom tried to cover up their stick-on "badges" when I looked at them)
Old May 26, 2008, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, I saw many different representatives from the Ministry of the Environment (some holding manuals on Asbestos) in the elevators...(some of whom tried to cover up their stick-on "badges" when I looked at them)
What has that got to do with the new lounge ?

BTW the MOE building is just across the road from the hotel.
Old May 26, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by mario33

At the lounge end of the hotel there is also noise from that construction.

But the REAL noise is outside at the pool.

Dorian
Old May 26, 2008, 9:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by mario33

Their (official) presence simply reinforces the fact that there is work going on within the building (possibly the lounge)....although both times I was there recently, I couldn't hear a thing! ^
Old May 26, 2008, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Their (official) presence simply reinforces the fact that there is work going on within the building (possibly the lounge)....although both times I was there recently, I couldn't hear a thing! ^
Wow, officials from Ministry of Environment checking on lounge renovations

More likely they went over there for lunch, or attended a seminar at the hotel ......
Old Jun 13, 2008, 4:55 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I was told last week that they expect it to be open at the end of June....
I was told the same thing and he sounded like they really meant it this time. The lounge will be on the 3rd floor. I tried to sneak a peak but the 3rd floor elevator button was inactive.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:24 pm
In memoriam

I see that if you do a booking now that there are rates with "Club Lounge Access" so I guess it is finally open. The cheapest rate for today is S$240++ for a Deluxe Non-smoking, Luxury Pillowtop Bed (Great Spore Sale rate) and the same room type with club access is S$380++. With a price of S$140++ for the club use, it must be some club. Tower rooms rates are also S$140++ more for club access. This makes the Platinum club access benefit worth a lot.

Any reports??

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jul 4, 2008 at 1:40 pm
Old Jul 4, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I see that if you do a booking now that there are rates with "Club Lounge Access" so I guess it is finally open. The cheapest rate for today is S$240++ for a Deluxe Non-smoking, Luxury Pillowtop Bed (Great Spore Sale rate) and the same room type with club access is S$380++. With a price of S$140++ for the club use, it must be some club. Tower rooms rates are also S$140++ more for club access. This makes the Platinum club access benefit worth a lot.

Any reports??
As this hotel has a 'Towers Rooms' section, they may follow the lead of the HKG Sheraton & London Sheraton & Towers and not allow Plat upgrades to the Club Floor in the Towers--but keep it as a separate entity.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 5:53 pm
In memoriam

The "Towers" package adds "Full Breakfast [for 2], 8pcs Drycleaning [or laundry per day], Butler Service" for about S$100 to 130++ per day. A decent deal if there are 2 people and you have lots of laundry. When I have booked the "Towers" I do not know if the room would have been any better as in each case I got a suite upgrade. In the past I think I only paid S$80++ for the towers package. YMMV

The combo of towers and club access (S$240++ extra) is way overpriced as you are redundantly paying for breakfast.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jul 4, 2008 at 6:15 pm Reason: correction on rate
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:31 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thanks for the updates and good advice. ^

I've been upgraded to the Towers level a couple of times. The laundry, breakfast buffet, and evening cocktails in the lobby were nice. I didn't get upgraded when I paid higher rates; it seems like it was just hit or miss.

We'll have to wait for reports on how good the lounge is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.