Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:10 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
I'm looking at a stay on 11th November...best available rate is a whopping S$395
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by VanMan
I'm looking at a stay on 11th November...best available rate is a whopping S$395
At SGD 395, I would recommend the Hyatt, St Regis or the Traders (Shangri-la). SGD 395 is way too expensive for the Sheraton SIN, you will regret it.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
I am considering a Starpoints redemption, but the SPG website insists I contact the Contact Centre
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by VanMan
I am considering a Starpoints redemption, but the SPG website insists I contact the Contact Centre
In that case, I would spend 2000 more starpoints and stay at the St Regis. I also noticed that sometimes Singapore properties show the "Book by phone" icon. Good luck!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:44 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by kevino
I miss the LM SIN.
Originally Posted by karenkay
i do, too.
Rumor in Singapore is that the LM Sin (now the Concorde) will be rebranded as a LM again once the renovations are complete.

Originally Posted by atakam
...I tried to have breakfast at the lounge, but found out that food selection was miserable and only kind of leftovers on the hot dishes station. Decided to go to the full buffet at the lobby and got charged (if not wrong about SGD 42).
I was always encouraged to have the breakfast downstairs. Did that policy change when the lounge opened? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

The think with the Sheraton SIN, in my eyes, is that they are a nice hotel in a city with so much selection. Mixed with their take it or leave it attitude, many will leave it. I personally have had good service experiences at this hotel, but the only upgrade I ever saw was the poolside room.

Last week, I was in SIN again and stayed at the Fairmont again, as I did pre-SinDo. The location is near perfect at Raffles City. The rate fantastic. Don't forget this Gem when you are debating options in Singapore

Last edited by seanthepilot; Sep 21, 2009 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Rumor in Singapore is that the LM Sin (now the Concorde) will be rebranded as a LM again once the renovations are complete.

I was always encouraged to have the breakfast downstairs. Did that policy change when the lounge opened? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

The think with the Sheraton SIN, in my eyes, is that they are a nice hotel in a city with so much selection. Mixed with their take it or leave it attitude, many will leave it. I personally have had good service experiences at this hotel, but the only upgrade I ever saw was the poolside room.

Last week, I was in SIN again and stayed at the Fairmont again, as I did pre-SinDo. The location is near perfect at Raffles City. The rate fantastic. Don't forget this Gem when you are debating options in Singapore
Yes, before completing the lounge they offered breakfast downstairs, not anymore. I agree, the Fairmont is a much better option. Location is great. I hope you're right about the LM
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The only times (twice) I was offered breakfast downstairs in the lobby restaurant was when I was ug to a Towers room with Butler service, dry cleaning, and evening drinks.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:41 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Thinking of doing a cash plus points at 4000 points plus $60 a night for Nov 30-Dec 2nd. Much better than the 280 SD rate as I factored it up as a 3.75 cpp redemption.

Good value? I have never stayed here and wanted to experience the lounge to take care of my food costs.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by schley
Thinking of doing a cash plus points at 4000 points plus $60 a night for Nov 30-Dec 2nd. Much better than the 280 SD rate as I factored it up as a 3.75 cpp redemption.

Good value? I have never stayed here and wanted to experience the lounge to take care of my food costs.
Not my favorite SPG property in SIN (that would be the St. Regis), but cash plus points is a good value at the Sheraton and the lounge will be fine for breakfast but lacking for dinner / snacks.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Recent experience....

Stayed last week at Sheraton SIN for a few nights, paying S$265 via expedia corporate (slight discount perhaps). I found it to be quite ok -- not amazing but perfectly nice. I was not Plat then (am now, 10 nights later) but the room was fine and actually I thought the breakfast (Sunday brunch) was pretty good. Location was fine for me and I liked the Newton hawker center nearby for some tasty lunches. Gym was fine but crowded at 630am.

Westin Chosun Seoul was a disaster -- ripping me off right and left and failing to clean my room by 3pm (service express actually berated me for not putting on the 'clean room' light). Draft beer KRW 22,000 or around $20!

Westin Taipei was quite nice and really pleasant service.

Westin Tokyo (last night and tonight) has been very nice as always. Perfect location for my office and nice if overpriced bar though not as bad as Seoul.

Tomorrow - Westin Beijing and my first full stay as a plat!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred

I'm battling the same issue as well for an early Jan stay. The SR is (335 SGD/night) or 12k points/night (no C&P option right now) vs the Towers (325SGD/night) or C&P for 4000/$60.

Is the C&P option at the ST better or as good as a full award stay at the SR SIN?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G

It's a good value bc the standard rate is high and so are the taxes and service charges. It's not a great value though. I value SPG points at 3c each. It's pretty hard to go wrong with c+p unless there's a great promo going on.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by atakam
Of course I tried to have breakfast at the lounge, but found out that food selection was miserable and only kind of leftovers on the hot dishes station. Decided to go to the full buffet at the lobby and got charged (if not wrong about SGD 42). In my mind I thought, as a regular non-upgradable guest, they could at least offered breakfast (at the lobby) or internet free.
I have never paid $42S for breakfast in my life and don't see any reason to start now. I don't think I would pay that even if I hadn't eaten in three days.
A lot of the pre-paid rates at this hotel include breakfast.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Just returned from a one night stay last week and was preblocked in one of the Cabanas on 5/F. Not much has changed here except all the lifts have been renovated.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by kevino
I have never paid $42S for breakfast in my life and don't see any reason to start now. I don't think I would pay that even if I hadn't eaten in three days.
A lot of the pre-paid rates at this hotel include breakfast.
Well then you should talk to F&B director at the Sheraton SIN and suggest your paying price. I usually do not bargain prices at restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.