Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by weld3z
Ask them for 247-249 or similar nice spacious rooms.
248 is a suite.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by armature
I read (what I assume was) your review on TripAdvisor and am a little concerned about this myself as we're traveling with a 19-month old and staying at the PL from 23 Aug - 30 Aug. Hopefully, our experience will be a little better.
Do you have plat? Make sure they upgrade you if you can find rooms available ONLINE yourself. If you aren't plat, make sure you get a room with bathtub or it will be HELL like what we had to go through. It was just too many hiccups that I would never want to return to this hotel. I had never stayed at a hotel for $800 USD a night with SO MANY problems before.

This hotel has the MOST # of suites out of all Marirott's hotels in London so there is big chances to get upgrades as plat. (I see some ppl still get upgrade to a suite being only gold but it's only for a short stay not 7 nights).
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by musicscrip

This hotel has the MOST # of suites out of all Marirott's hotels in London so there is big chances to get upgrades as plat. (I see some ppl still get upgrade to a suite being only gold but it's only for a short stay not 7 nights).
Slight sidetrack - JW, Grosvenor House London has 78 suites. I believe it's the property with the most suites in London. I was a bit surprised to read that PL has as many as it does. I didn't think it was that large a property.

And regardless of # of suites, a 7-day stay (at any property) is less likely to get a suite upgrade than a shorter stay simply because a property won't want to tie up a suite it could sell during its busiest time for that length of time.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by armature
I read (what I assume was) your review on TripAdvisor and am a little concerned about this myself as we're traveling with a 19-month old and staying at the PL from 23 Aug - 30 Aug. Hopefully, our experience will be a little better.
Have an agent (if you can get through or go online & put in your reservation - need room w/ tub/have toddler.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Slight sidetrack - JW, Grosvenor House London has 78 suites. I believe it's the property with the most suites in London. I was a bit surprised to read that PL has as many as it does. I didn't think it was that large a property.
I think Park Lane has 28 suites, so it's not even close to the GH. It has been speculated that the Park Lane has the highest percentage of suites (about 18%).
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
What restaurants did you like around the hotel?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Just completed a stay here last week. Booked the base room on points, and was told no upgrades available after having to ask about one. Also, Platinums get lounge access and breakfast in the lounge only - not in the restaurant. Front desk told us that they are no longer allowing lounge access for Golds after the merger. The lounge is nice but quite tight, and gets crowded at breakfast and in the evenings. Location in central London is excellent, staff is great, but the elite perks seemed stingy to me. I would be very annoyed if we had paid cash, as this is a pricey hotel for a Marriott. We'll be trying another Marriott or a Fine Hotels property next time.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by LR2013
Just completed a stay here last week. Booked the base room on points, and was told no upgrades available after having to ask about one. Also, Platinums get lounge access and breakfast in the lounge only - not in the restaurant. Front desk told us that they are no longer allowing lounge access for Golds after the merger. The lounge is nice but quite tight, and gets crowded at breakfast and in the evenings. Location in central London is excellent, staff is great, but the elite perks seemed stingy to me. I would be very annoyed if we had paid cash, as this is a pricey hotel for a Marriott. We'll be trying another Marriott or a Fine Hotels property next time.
The old Gold - which is the new Platinum - only got you lounge access for breakfast. The old Silver - which is the new Gold - never got lounge access at all. Thus, no changes to breakfast and lounge access at this hotel. Same policies as always.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by catocony
The old Gold - which is the new Platinum - only got you lounge access for breakfast. The old Silver - which is the new Gold - never got lounge access at all. Thus, no changes to breakfast and lounge access at this hotel. Same policies as always.
Although others previously stated that PLT could take breakfast in the lounge or at the restaurant. Has there been a chance to this policy such that PLT (or higher) do not have the option to have breakfast in the restaurant?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:39 am

It's been a while since I stayed at the property, but as LT Plat (now LT Titanium) I was never offered the option of breakfast in the restaurant. I haven't gone back & reread the entire thread, but was it universal that there was an option or was it more of a one-off?

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's been a while since I stayed at the property, but as LT Plat (now LT Titanium) I was never offered the option of breakfast in the restaurant. I haven't gone back & reread the entire thread, but was it universal that there was an option or was it more of a one-off?
Last summer they mentioned it at check in. One could not order from the full menu, just four or five dishes if I recall.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:48 am

Have an upcoming stay here this week and was thrilled to receive a SNA upgrade to a Premier Suite. I clicked the room description on my confirmation page in my Bonvoy Acct and it shows that complimentary transfer to/from London airports are included with this room. It does not state that this does not apply to SNA reservations/points stays, etc. No asterik. I emailed the concierge my flight into and they stated that they do not extend this option to guests who receive a Premier Suite with SNA. Do I have a beef or should I let it fly?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:56 am

Kind of sad to see this thread not getting much love, but I guess the pandemic will have that effect. Hopefully this property will get some more legs in it come Summer?

I stayed here on my honeymoon just before the SPG merger finished up.
  • Initial impressions were mixed. We checked our luggage at 1:00PM and went walking around the city while we waited for our room. Admittedly, we looked pretty rough after the red eye from ATL. At 4:00 PM, we returned. Still no room. We were lowly Marriott Silver at the time, so of course, it was a basic room, and we were very tired and wondered why they didn't have anything. They graciously offered complimentary high tea in the restaurant. To be honest, we weren't very hungry, but it was a tremendous gesture. A+ recovery.
  • The basic room was good, if a bit cramped. No real complaints. We stayed at the St. Ermin's later, and I assure you, the Park Lane is a finer property all around.
  • The pool is indeed wonderful.
  • This property feels like it skirts the line between boutique and large luxury hotel. It "feels" smaller than say, the W or the St. Pancras. The check in felt very boutique. They sit you down and serve you juice...etc...
  • We chose it mainly due to location. Back then just 2 years ago, the selection of properties was TINY compared to what shows up now. The hotel is SMACK on top of a major tube station, which was amazing. The area surrounding is quite safe. The Pret across the street is good for a quick snack when you exit the tube. This is possibly the most convenient location for a 5 star property in the city, dare I say.
  • Pick the property that suits your needs. There is nothing about this hotel that screams "stay here!" over the other 7 five star options. It was a good stay.
unclepants and MsAnnMcD like this.

Last edited by jbandy10; Apr 9, 2021 at 8:01 am
Old May 20, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BONVOY Titanium, Hilton, AAdvantage Gold, UA Silver, Jet Blue
Have a stay here planned for July 2022. Looking for some recent experiences at the hotel as well as information regarding the rooftop bar (is it open?) and high tea at Lanes versus the Ritz or Claridges.
Appreciate any info on the hotel that folks feel like sharing (upgrades, pool/spa review, lounge etc).
FYI - I'm titanium but booked a king room on points (400K). No SNA's to apply unless St Pancras rejects the 5 I applied there.
Again, many thanks!
Old May 20, 2022, 11:28 am

Marriott Park Lane

Have been there a number of times and agree that it feels more like a boutique hotel. The rooms are quite small but nicely designed. Worth it to upgrade IMHO for a bit more space. We have always enjoyed the location which is really great for getting around London using bus or tube. We are going in August and opted for the Marriott at Grosvenor Square which will be our first try there. We thought about St Pancras because we love older rehabbed buildings but the location is not great. The do a very nice job at Park Lane with the club but it is small. We have always found the staff there to be very good.
MsAnnMcD likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.