Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

Old Jul 6, 06, 5:18 am

The Chancery lane has now updated the reservations systems where it now shows max occupancy of 4 for their rooms.

If the park lane can't accomodate 4 people, then your other option is to keep checking the other hotels for availability to see if an award booking opens up. I know that the RCC, County Hall and Marble Arch all can accomodate 4.

The worst case is to pay for the room - this isn't too too bad if you are staying the weekends - very expensive during the week. I can normally get the Chancery Court for 99GBP if you are staying for 3 days (weekend only). If going this route, book early since lately the weekends are also getting sold out (case in pt - this weekend the rooms at the RCC are now over 300 GBP - whereas last week the same room could be had for 124 with the Visa bonus buck thrown in)
Old Jul 6, 06, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ah, thanks for clarifying choptliva . Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 09, 9:50 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Park Lane Marriot London

Been trying to search for reviews of this and all tht comes up is the GH.

Going in June for a concert in Hyde Park so location is important.

Anyone have any feedback or link to threads about PL.
Old Mar 23, 09, 10:00 am

Park Lane 2007

Know it has been a couple years but stayed using Marriott points. Great location for Hyde Park and transportation. Modern hotel with moderate sized room. Had a room overlooking front entrance of hotel but saw the park also.
First time in London. Also stayed at the London Eye Marriott. Enjoyed both.
Old Mar 23, 09, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
other than location -are there any other reasons for staying at the PL?

GS and GH are just as close
Old Mar 23, 09, 12:49 pm

Well GH is only a 4-minute walk from PL on Park Lane & is facing Hyde Park as well. Jan, if you can get GH go for that over PL. I've stayed at both & GH is nicer in terms of property, rooms, and lounge. Better chance of upgrade & has (currently) free booze in the exec lounge (PL is paid). PL is closer to the Marble Arch tube stop, but to me that's about its only advantage, and again it's only a 5-minute walk to GH from there (or for that matter GS). Anyway, GH, GS, & PL are all close to Hyde Park.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 16, 7:10 am

Yes I'm bumping up an old thread, but thought it's good to have property-specific information in the property thread vs. the Family-London thread, which is supposed to be more of a comparison or which hotel should I stay at in London thread.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...tel-park-lane/

Category 9. Hotel has been recently renovated.

5 floors , 124 rooms , 28 suites

Executive lounge is open daily (free wine/beer). According to the website:

* Access to the lounge is for a maximum of 2 guests per room. 50 additional charge per person. (Sharon's note: no idea if the additional charge is enforced)
* Children must be accompanied by an adult

Property is literally next to the Marble Arch tube stop on Park Lane.

Special guest privileges: Complimentary guest access to pool & fitness room.

Also, during the summer months:

"Formerly known as Roofnic, Notch is a new concept developed by Ashley Dawes who conceived the original project in 2015 and secured investment from Marriott in his idea, whilst still an employee of London Marriott Park Lane. The new popup rooftop bar revolves around Japanese street food, pop cans of homemade cocktails and takes inspiration from the Millennial hotspots of Williamsberg and Berlin. Accessed via a separate entrance off Oxford Street and designed as a sky-high industrial playground, Notch features an eclectic mix of reclaimed school tables, scaffolding and swings alongside a vibrant bar and open kitchen named Fudo Shack."

So if you have recent stays/trip reports at this property, please post in this thread.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 16, 8:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I agree that discussing London Marriott Hotel Park Lane in a property-specific thread is a good idea. The other Central London hotels also have their own active threads.

That being said, the big London Marriott comparison thread, Marriott-family hotels in London, England, currently has a lot of good information about the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, including guest reviews. It was very useful to me. I would recommend scrolling through the most recent 6 to 12 months for recent posts about the hotel.

Here's some more information about the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, including some useful links. (I originally posted this in the big thread.)
According to this Hotel Space Online article about the renovation of Marriott Hotel Park Lane, "A total of 152-highend luxury residential rooms and suites are comprised of 73 deluxe rooms, 26 superior rooms, 25 executive rooms, 19 junior suites and nine premier suites."

My Category 9 reservation is for a "deluxe room," the lowest room category. I could have paid an upcharge to for a higher category room.

I know that Elite upgrades are a matter of availability and luck. I never book a reservation that I would be unhappy with if I don't get an upgrade. (One reason I did not book St. Pancras Renaissance was because a Category 9 room without an upcharge only has a queen bed, not a king.)

For a small hotel, Marriott Hotel Park Lane seems to have a high percentage of rooms and suites that are better than a "deluxe room." While that's not a guarantee I'll be upgraded, I would like to think the hotel will take my Platinum Elite status into consideration when assigning a room.

I recently found another interesting article about the renovation of the Marriott Hotel Park Lane, with an emphasis on the decor and furnishings. It's this article on the Decca London Blog.
Old May 26, 16, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Horace View Post
I agree that discussing London Marriott Hotel Park Lane in a property-specific thread is a good idea. The other Central London hotels also have their own active threads.

That being said, the big London Marriott comparison thread, Marriott-family hotels in London, England, currently has a lot of good information about the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, including guest reviews. It was very useful to me. I would recommend scrolling through the most recent 6 to 12 months for recent posts about the hotel.
I was going to scroll through that thread, find the property specific posts (vs. the which one should I stay at generic posts) & see if the mod can move them to this thread. Since PL has started to come up more often (which it didn't for quite a few years), having a property specific thread makes it easier for those who want information/trip reports on the PL itself.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 16, 10:31 am

Sharon, Many thanks for reviving this thread and providing information. Also, thanks to Horace for all of your information about the PL. Hubby and I are using the PL with a MR travel pkg later this summer and the generic London thread sometimes requires quite a bit of searching.
Old May 26, 16, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
Originally Posted by TvlPeach View Post
Sharon, Many thanks for reviving this thread and providing information. Also, thanks to Horace for all of your information about the PL. Hubby and I are using the PL with a MR travel pkg later this summer and the generic London thread sometimes requires quite a bit of searching.
+1. My wife, son, and I are doing a travel package at PL in July. Chose PL over County Hall and will report back as well.
Old Jun 23, 16, 8:56 am

We stayed for five nights on points in connecting King / Twin rooms with my tween boys two weeks ago. It was a very enjoyable stay - the rooms and beds are super comfortable and quiet. I'm gold but was not able to secure a view (we looked at the back of a building on the lowest floor) as the hotel was sold out but was offered lounge access for the kids which was great. The lounge is really good for snacks in the evening. We were able to make a meal out of it one night - Chicken curry, couscous, salad, cheese and crackers, fruit salad was a typical night. The breakfast was always the same - cheesy eggs and sausages were the only hot options but plenty of pastries.

My only complaint would be the lack of a business center or even a computer with a printer. Trying to print boarding passes involves sending an email to the front desk which they will print and bring to your room. Thankfully I wasn't trying to do anything more complicated than that.
Old Jun 28, 16, 8:32 am

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane - Location, Service, Perfect Stay

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

140 Park Lane London, GB W1K 7AA

Location, Service, Perfect Stay (0 Photo)

Service

Fantastic service at this property.  At every encounter the staff went above and beyond to ensure we were well satisfied.  We arrived at the restaurant one evening just as it was closing and the manager took it upon himself to get a room service menu for us, placed our order and sat us in the restaurant/bar to eat and enjoy a bottle of wine.  No hemming and hawing, just on with whatever it took to make us happy.  From check in to check out, the service was exceptional.

Great location.  Marble Arch tube is just around the corner.  Lots of great restaurants nearby.  Hyde Park across the street. 

Overall

This is now our favorite London hotel.  We liked Grosvenor House and the Grand Residences on Park are nice (especially like having a kitchen there) but the service at this hotel puts it head and shoulders above.  It is a smaller hotel, more like a boutique style hotel.  There is a lovely Executive Lounge that had ample hot and cold snacks as well as a nice selection of wines, juices, coffee, tea, etc.  We are returning in August and look forward to another great stay. Highly recommend this property.

Room

The room was very comfortable.  Decorated in soothing grays and whites.  Loved that the window actually opened for fresh air.  The bathroom was well designed and the toilet had a built in bidet mechanism with a heated seat.  We never knew what we were missing - lol.  

Location, Service, Perfect Stay

Would you like to write a review on the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 19, 16, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM; MR Gold
Email address for Hotel Manager?

I just booked a 5 night award stay at the MPL - taking my Mom to London for her 80th and we're sharing the room for the first two nights (booked my own for the next 3). I'm paying the 50 GBP to upgrade to a Superior Room for a little extra space, but the 2 twins option is not available.

Does anyone have the email address for the hotel manager? Wanted to reach out to see if 2 twins are available.
Old Jul 26, 16, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
Originally Posted by waterbug111 View Post
Does anyone have the email address for the hotel manager? Wanted to reach out to see if 2 twins are available.
Try [email protected]

I just stayed there this past week and this is the email they used to send me my folio.

Search this Thread