Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Actually, it's mostly my wife who needs the internet access. We're going to be Europe for about two weeks during June's month end. As a result, there are somethings she has to do for work.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Bill,if her co's picking up the tab, do the i-net at 47 Park St. If not, there's a few i-net cafes close by - go to those & do work email. Cheaper. And yes, depending on the config you get, hairdryer will be in other areas.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:28 pm

London Marriott Park Lane

Does this the Marriott Park Lane in London offer an airport shuttle to and from Heathrow ?

Does the hotel have a concierge lounge and how is it ?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 5:44 am

No central London hotels offer shuttles to LHR. (Though I'm sure they will be glad to find you a car if you're willing to pay for it.)
Old Sep 8, 2004, 6:28 am

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Originally Posted by YYA361
Does this the Marriott Park Lane in London offer an airport shuttle to and from Heathrow ?

Chauncery Court is less than a block from the underground, on which you can get to Heathrow for about 5 pounds if my memory is correct.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:36 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by YYA361
YYA361,

This property does have a concierge lounge. And for future reference, the Marriott.com website has much of the information you desire listed on each property page. And on the left side of the page, there are links for driving directions, Map & Nearby Airports, etc.

http://marriott.com/property/propert...rshaCode=LONPL

Thanks,

Chris
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:56 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The Marriott Park Lane has a Concierge Longe and a really good one!
- excellent food + good variety
- soft drink free of charge
- alcoholic drinks available but you have to pay for

Pictures from hotel stays
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
London Park Lane

Any reccomedations on the hotel? Is it central to most attraction and how does it rate to other London marriotts.

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2005, 5:48 am

Done a search?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by limamike
Any reccomedations on the hotel? Is it central to most attraction and how does it rate to other London marriotts.

Thanks
It is at the end of Oxford Street and Edgeware Rd. Opposite corner is hyde park. A good look at a London Map should provide enough input to your "Is it central to most attactions".

There are tons of threads regarding which london property to use. If you define what central to most attractions means then people are most likely to provide input).

e.g hotel near to London City Airporte and Greenwich Park: West India Quay
e.g Hotel near Big Ben: London County Hall
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:20 am

London Marriott Park Lane for families

I have reservations using a reward for the London Marriott Park Lane in August. We are a family of four. The hotel website says rooms are for two people maximum. The other Marriotts are full. When we check in will we have a problem? We can deal with the room size and sleeping arrangements, but I'm afraid the front desk will not let us check in or make us pay for an additional room--which I don't want to do.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:30 am

Have one parent check in while the rest of the family waits elsewhere. They are unlikely to ask how many of you there are. They are also unlikely to pay much attention to your comings and goings.

JMHO.

Sheila
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:10 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Last few times checking into a London hotel, they wanted passports of everyone in the party so as to make copies supposedly to comply with some local law. So I don't know if the waiting elsewhere strategy would work -- of course what they don't know won't hurt them, I suppose
It may be a good idea to email (or fax) the hotel itself and ask them if a family of four is okay. Worked for me. We booked the Chancery Court last Christmas but marriott.com says max 2 people. So I faxed and emailed the hotel itself, and got a confirmation that family of four is fine. In fact they couldn't tell me why it limits to 2 on the website. Anyhow, I'd recommend this approach.
Also, I don't know the room size of the property in question. Some London hotels can have really small rooms... I had always stayed at the Chancery Court, and their rooms are plenty big enough for a family of four. Did you check for availability there? Oh, you did mention that the other Marriott properties are full...
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Are all 4 of you sleeping in the same bed? What did I miss here?
Old Jul 6, 2006, 3:59 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
I think the issue here is that in some cases, the website/reservation system specifies maximum occupany of 2 people, whether the room has 2 doubles or 1 king, etc., hence OP's concern that upon check-in the hotel might say "sorry but you need two rooms" that kind of thing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.