Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2004, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do I find it?

Nope, still can't get there. I'm starting at the Marriott Rewards tab, and I click on Hotel rewards. I search for hotels in the UK. There are 71 properties listed, not one of which is 47 Park Street.

If I try locating a hotel from the main page, it shows up right away.

Interestingly, there are 22 hotels in the London area, only 10 of which (apparently) are available for awards. That's why I thought it had been removed from the list of those properties where rewards may be redeemed.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Call the 800#

I didn't book it via online; I called the 800#. No problem. Of course since we've all been saying what a great deal it is maybe they dropped it from the awards list, but call 800# to check.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 4:30 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For some unknown reason, this seems to be a problem with all of Marriott's timeshares. If you search by location from the Marriott Rewards site, then none of them will show up. However, if you search by location from Marriott.com, they will appear. I tried this with a random group of 6 timeshares.

Additionally, if you go to the website of the individual timeshare and then go into the reservations area for the property, you will see "See Rewards Accepted At This Hotel". If you click on this, no awards will be listed (once again checked this with the same 6 timeshares). However, I think this is some type of error as Marriott just finished adding 6 new timeshare awards this year. I don't see them canceling the timeshares out of the awards program as this would anger a lot of Marriott timeshare owners (there's more than 1 million of them). Perhaps there's a computer tie between the awards not being listed on the hotel's site and its not showing up on the Marriott Rewards site.

Lastly, I was able to find award availability at other timeshares. As an example, check the award availability at the timeshare in Williamsburg, VA for next January.

By the way, this is the direct link to the site for 47 Park St. Now, what will I do with that extra award reservation that I have for there this summer? Ebay?

Last edited by BillMorrow; Apr 25, 2004 at 4:40 am
Old May 5, 2004, 12:27 am

Ok, I'm still vonfused - so can we or can we not redeem at 47PSt, and if so do we just go through 800#?

Hopefully someone can address this & if not, then maybe our very own new lurker Chris...
Old May 5, 2004, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ok, I'm still vonfused - so can we or can we not redeem at 47PSt, and if so do we just go through 800#?

Hopefully someone can address this & if not, then maybe our very own new lurker Chris...
This link seems to work.
Old May 6, 2004, 9:15 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

47 Park Street

There may be some confusion with this property because of a couple of things. At first the property opened as a Marriott Hotel, before becoming a timeshare. It is a new division of timeshares, Marriott at Grand Residence Club. It earns in the MR program like an MVCI timeshare and accepts the same rewards as a MVCI timeshare for redemption.
Old May 6, 2004, 10:26 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
MR points stays at MVCI properties

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
There may be some confusion with this property because of a couple of things. At first the property opened as a Marriott Hotel, before becoming a timeshare. It is a new division of timeshares, Marriott at Grand Residence Club. It earns in the MR program like an MVCI timeshare and accepts the same rewards as a MVCI timeshare for redemption.
Thanks Chris, for bringing this up. I've noted, on all the MVCI properties I've perused on Marriott's web site, when I attempt to determine the points requirement, I get a link like this, showing no points grid, where, at the time we purchased with MVCI, the stay points were published. I see this same format at our home resort. Yes, I can call our VA to get the numbers, but common sense would dictate that it would be more cost-effective to publish them, if not for everyone, then at least for MVCI members who wish to extend their stays.

Question:
If the numbers posted by others above are accurate (150K-7 nights), would such a stay be qualified under the Cat 7 hotel/airline miles travel package MR offers, such as a code 090, as it appears similar in points requirement? Or, would a code 393, 396 or 399 have to be obtained and air miles redeemed seperately? Are there situations/properties where either type award could be applicable, most notably those where multiple accomodation categories (such as hotel rooms along with 2BR villas) exist? It appears Park Street is one such property.

Thanks!

Pat

Last edited by camachinist; May 6, 2004 at 10:37 am Reason: Change hotel name to Street from Lane :)
Old May 6, 2004, 2:08 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

To find the redemption for MVCI (which includes 47 Park Street) go to /http://marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/hotelpart

MVCI rewards are listed under partner hotel rewards. They are not part of the travel packages (hotel/air/25% hertz). So, yes you would have to redeem the air miles separate from the villa reward, which would also include 47 Park Street.
Old May 6, 2004, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
To find the redemption for MVCI (which includes 47 Park Street) go to /http://marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/hotelpart

MVCI rewards are listed under partner hotel rewards. They are not part of the travel packages (hotel/air/25% hertz). So, yes you would have to redeem the air miles separate from the villa reward, which would also include 47 Park Street.
Thanks for the clarification. BTW, even when I cleaned up the link you posted, I get a "no resource found" error. Here is the correct URL, utilzing the requisite ".mi" suffix used by the Marriott reservation engine. I hadn't seen this link before.

I note the minimum stay is 3 nights. I'm assuming the cert would be good for 2 nights, with one night wasted. With this new information, I may have to reconfigure our add-on already reserved or re-jigger it to a cash reservation.

Also, I'm seeing, using the MOD code in the reservation engine, in addition to the usual 25% discount for owners at MVCI properties, a rate with a 35% discount for reservations guaranteed and paid for with a MR "Gold" VISA. A fellow TUG'er (timeshare users group) and I have been discussing this and can't find any information as to whether this discount is valid and, if so, how a "gold" VISA might be obtained, to replace our regular MR VISA.

I guess I could try to book that rate and see what happens, eh?

IMO, as Marriott continues to blur the line between hotels and timesharing, hotel users can benefit from understanding some of the nuances of the timeshare market and how it inter-relates to the hotel market.

Thanks for your assistance!

Pat
Old May 15, 2004, 7:43 pm

I have stayed at this location and all I can say is it is thrill to be in London England and yet see the US Flag flying outside your window at the US Embasey across the street. Some might thing is is more dangerous but I think it is more secure.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I have an upcoming stay at this property and have a couple of questions for those who have stayed here:
1. Do the units have high-speed internet access?
2. Are there hair dryers in the units?

The website is unclear about these points.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by BillMorrow
I have an upcoming stay at this property and have a couple of questions for those who have stayed here:
1. Do the units have high-speed internet access?
2. Are there hair dryers in the units?

The website is unclear about these points.
1. No, at least not as of last December.
2. Yes, it's in a drawer somewhere in the unit well away from the bathroom (like many UK hotels).
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe it's just me, but if I could score a few days at 47 Park, I think the last thing I'd be worried about is whether or not it had high-speed internet access.

As I've posted before, any man who brings along a laptop on vacation with his wife deserves everything he doesn't get.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:52 pm

I stayed there in February & I think they have ethernet in the living room, but since I was there for President's Weekend/British Oscars I didn't bring my laptop, so I am a bit fuzzy on that - ie, don't quote me as 100% accurate. A quick call would probably answer that question.

In the unit I stayed at, in the foyer area (ie, the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, living room all open off of it) there was a side table thingy w/ mirror above it & in the drawer was the hairdryer.

I LOVE 47 PARK ST! Hoping it's available when I go back next year.

Edited to add: I think there's a charge for the Ethernet. Given the GPB/$$ exchange rate, might be cheaper to find a local I-net Cafe if you absolutely need to check email.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 10, 2004 at 5:32 pm
Old Jun 10, 2004, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
In the unit I stayed at, in the foyer area (ie, the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, living room all open off of it) there was a side table thingy w/ mirror above it & in the drawer was the hairdryer.
Yes, come to think of it, that's where it was. However, since each unit is a different layout the foyer Sharon mentions was not near the bathroom in our unit. The table was near the front door and one had to pass the kitchen, the living room and go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom (or the reverse with wet hair ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.