Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: BONVOY Titanium, Hilton, AAdvantage Gold, UA Silver, Jet Blue
Since St Pancras denied our SNA's we applied them here for a 400K 5 night redemption and it was approved. Check in was at 4 and room wasn't ready. Melissa was new to Park Lane and had transitioned from St P. We went to the lounge. After 45 minutes I saw a room had been assigned on the second floor and texted via chat. Melissa came in with our keys. We went up and the keys didn't work. Back down to reception. Got another room number and set of keys. Back up we went. We were next to a suite (Hastings I think) that was on the corner. Our room had a lobby with a desk and mini bar, lounge area with sofa and 2 chairs, pocket door to the king bedroom and large marble bath. They did conduct email outreach prior to arrival and there was a form to fill out with the specifics of the trip.

The room was clearly lacking TLC and cleanliness standards one would expect at this hotel. Stains on almost all the furnishings in the lounge. There was a nice welcome note and a cheese platter thanking us for our stay. The concerts were on at Hyde Park (Pearl Jam and Duran Duran) so the area and hotels were all pretty busy. The spa was also very nice but I did not book services here. Location is great for access to lots of eateries in Mayfair and Marleybone. Vito the concierge was helpful with some ScotRail and Stagecoach bus issues.

Again, the women working the lounge were outstanding and in my estimation abused by many of the hotel guests. During the off hours their door was knocked on and during serving hours they were taking "special requests" constantly. I felt bad for them but maybe if I was spending 1000 quid for my room I would have done likewise. Again, great food offerings and beer and wine flowed self serve.

Overall another perfectly adequate stay. This was our third hotel out of 5 during our trip and by this time the feeling was the all the hotels are over promising and under delivering. That said, I was there for seeing things other than hotels but with a little effort these stays could have gone from adequate to outstanding.
profpeabody and boracat like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:42 am

Too bad it has not maintained superior service levels

Thanks for the report. We felt, last time we stayed, the service had gone down a bit at the front desk in particular. Service in the lounge has consistently been outstanding. Based on our last stay, I have to agree that a bit more attention to detail would make this a great place to stay. We are booked at the Marriott Grosvenor Square for our next trip and have a request in with SNAs. Fingers crossed. Will be interesting to compare these two hotels that are so close by each other.
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed here for nine nights. Used SNA to upgrade to an executive suite and then further paid upgrade to their Premier Suite.I believe the suite is one of the best I have been in London. However, as mentioned above, the service is not in-line with the Hard product of the hotel.

We've had problems on a daily matter, from forgetting making the sofa-bed and closing it on a daily basis, refreshing the wine glasses and leaving the used ones in the room. Notifying that the mini-bar is free of charge for non-alcoholic items but then being charged for it after check-out.

Lounge was OK and nothing to cry home about. Grosvenor House and Grosvenor Square are much better IMO.

Point haven't posted yet even though I have checked out 9 days ago, so it seems I will submit a missing stay request.

All in all, 830 GBP per night for the premier suite sounds like a steal, but the service level you can find it at any lower level Marriott Hotel. Where the hard product is of a Luxury collection property.
DELee likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
This hotel is an enigma

Originally Posted by profpeabody
last time we stayed, the service had gone down a bit at the front desk in particular. Service in the lounge has consistently been outstanding.
Spent a week at Marriott Park Lane recently. This would be a rock solid five star property, but for the front desk. It is a black hole of misery in an otherwise delightful hotel. I don't know how this can occur under one GM. Internal fiefdoms perhaps.

Bell staff bent over backwards from arriving at the front door until leaving. Housekeeping kept the bedroom and bathroom spotless; the bath had a great deep soaking tub. The room faced Hyde Park and was surprisingly quiet with extra glass panes. bonvOY app requests for housekeeping were consistently fulfilled quickly.

The Executive Lounge has has a nice fresh ground coffee machine along with a wide selection of top quality food and very attentive service. Easily one of the top lounges in the Marriott system.

OTOH, the FD staff couldn't have been more obstinate and rude. Checking in was like an interrogation. No elite welcome amenity was offered. I expected better from a 700 per night property.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Spent a week at Marriott Park Lane recently. This would be a rock solid five star property, but for the front desk. It is a black hole of misery in an otherwise delightful hotel. I don't know how this can occur under one GM. Internal fiefdoms perhaps.

Bell staff bent over backwards from arriving at the front door until leaving. Housekeeping kept the bedroom and bathroom spotless; the bath had a great deep soaking tub. The room faced Hyde Park and was surprisingly quiet with extra glass panes. bonvOY app requests for housekeeping were consistently fulfilled quickly.

The Executive Lounge has has a nice fresh ground coffee machine along with a wide selection of top quality food and very attentive service. Easily one of the top lounges in the Marriott system.

OTOH, the FD staff couldn't have been more obstinate and rude. Checking in was like an interrogation. No elite welcome amenity was offered. I expected better from a 700 per night property.
what a shame. They bent over backwards for us back in 2018. Sounds like a totally different crew.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Just checked in for a 5 night stay. Im a LT titanium. Upgraded one room category to a superior room. Despite there being suites of all categories available, they wouldnt upgrade me to one. FD agent told me because it is high season (in February?) they arent giving complimentary upgrades to suites, but will gladly upgrade me to a junior suite for 300 pounds/night. I declined. Not a great start to this stay.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Just checked in for a 5 night stay. Im a LT titanium. Upgraded one room category to a superior room. Despite there being suites of all categories available, they wouldnt upgrade me to one. FD agent told me because it is high season (in February?) they arent giving complimentary upgrades to suites, but will gladly upgrade me to a junior suite for 300 pounds/night. I declined. Not a great start to this stay.
I had a similar experience a few years ago (not for a 5 night stay) and they even offered a cash upgrade just for a park view - I declined and kept my street view!

Much prefer the Sheraton around the corner when staying in this area or usually for the same price stay on the Thames.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:09 pm

Recent stay

Hi
Has anyone stayed here recently?
Considering using one of my SNA and do a staycation.
Keep to know the quality of the food and drinks served in the lounge, especially what kind of alcoholic drinks in the evening.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ash.a
what kind of alcoholic drinks in the evening.
A bit meh. If you're looking to stay in Mayfair then the JW GH has the best lounge IMO, Marriott Grosvenor Square would come in second.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
A bit meh. If you're looking to stay in Mayfair then the JW GH has the best lounge IMO, Marriott Grosvenor Square would come in second.
What is about the lounge that is Meh and why is JW better?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:54 pm

What is about the lounge that is Meh and why is JW better?
The drinks weren't that of good quality. The lounge ambiance was dark and the lounge is tiny compared to the others and on most days the place was dead.

The JW and the other marriott was bright and spacious, and drinks were better quality.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Hmm. What about breakfast options?

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
The drinks weren't that of good quality. The lounge ambiance was dark and the lounge is tiny compared to the others and on most days the place was dead.

The JW and the other marriott was bright and spacious, and drinks were better quality.
Is the lounge breakfast good? If we want to eat breakfast in the main dining room, can we get a credit for it or something?

thanks
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by MarTN
Is the lounge breakfast good? If we want to eat breakfast in the main dining room, can we get a credit for it or something?

thanks
The basic stuff. Nothing to go over and beyond. Never asked whether you're able to use it as credit but it'd worth trying.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Any recent stays? Confirmed an SNA to Executive Suite. I usually stay at the Hyatt Churchill (usually confirming a suite) or the Sheraton Grand (almost never in a suite but really like the non-suite rooms). My Sheraton Grand SNA is still pending so we will likely mix it up and stay here instead since we appreciate the extra room in a suite. It is an extra 100K points vs. the Sheraton but I earn points pretty quickly.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
We found the Lounge food to be very good. 5 different types of offerings throughout the day. Evening wine and beer was nothing special according to my husband.

Hi
Has anyone stayed here recently?
Considering using one of my SNA and do a staycation.
Keep to know the quality of the food and drinks served in the lounge, especially what kind of alcoholic drinks in the evening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.