Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K/GS, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Stayed at the Westin Warsaw for four nights. Was preupgraded to Deluxe Executive Suite before arrival (showed on my profile). Check-in was a breeze, was given the choice between different platinum gifts, took the points. Was told I was upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor. Was also given complimentary access code for the HSIA for my whole stay, without asking! Also given access to the club lounge on the 19th floor.

The suite was amazing, large living room with guest bathroom and a separate bedroom with the main bathroom attached. Very modern and comfortable furniture and colours! The only downside was that the TVs were old fashioned tube-tvs. I wish the hotel would change these, and replace them with modern flatscreen tvs, would fit the modern and uptodate decor much better! But not a problem for me. There was also a dvd-player and a stereo connected to the TV in the living room.

The lounge were great as always! Complimentary coffee, soft drinks, cakes and fruits thoughout the day, complimentary breakfast until 10:30 AM, complimentary food and booze between 6 PM and 8 PM. The food (crab, salmon, chicken, sushi, etc) were great.

The in-room HISA were great as well! Fast and reliable!

Great value for only 40 EUR per night!
Thank you for the update. I will try this hotel next. I usually stay at the Le Meridien but always wondered about the Westin.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
Has anyone had a recent stay at the Westin Warsaw - it still seems very reasonably priced compared to many other hotels in the area - is there a reason? I am planning a 5 night stay in Warsaw soon
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
Westin Warsaw

Any recent stays here? My search has only turned up reports from a couple of years ago - I can get it for USD $60 per night, which seems incredibly cheap - is there a reason? Or just really good value?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 26, 2010 at 1:43 pm Reason: merged into thread on topic
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$60 seems low, but the hotel is quite nice. Where are you seeing that rate?

There are two relevant threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by lhiltz
Has anyone had a recent stay at the Westin Warsaw - it still seems very reasonably priced compared to many other hotels in the area - is there a reason? I am planning a 5 night stay in Warsaw soon
Still a relatively new property, about 5 years old, located in the Financial District. Heavenly Bath & Heavenly Bed, solid gym, but no spa.

Exec. Lounge on the top floor solid as well, nothing to complain, well above the average quality of Westin in the US.

Rates are normally between Euro 45 and 80.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Another great stay!

Another four night stay at this property - again, upgraded to a great executive suite (seperate bedroom, bathroom, livingroom and half bath), this time on the 18th floor.

Great lounge, great service, great breakfast, great staff - everything is great here.

Incredible rates as well - 156 ZLT per night - that's about 35 EUR or something. That leaves some money left to spend at the hotel's spa tomorrow
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I am in the Westin Warsaw now although I am paying 340PLN, three times the rate skrosvik reported a couple months ago, but somehow I cannot begin to complain because it is still a bargain. I had the same upgrade to Exec Suite on 18th floor and the saem excellent service in the lounge. The sparkling wine was a decent Austrian Brut and the selection of free alcohol was very good ( scotch-Glenfiddich, JW red, a few vodka choices...) and the appetizers are easy to make a meal. Somebody is always around offering more drink. The breakfast is quite good with lots of choice and the usual great coffee in SPG Poland properties.

This is all the more impressive because it is happening on a weekend, when the Warsaw business district is altogether dead.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Will be travelling to Warsaw in Januari. I have to choose between the Hilton (as an HH Diamond upgrade to exec floor + lounge access) or one of the Starwood properties (since my wife is SPG Plat and joining me on this trip).

Does anyone have recent info about:
* Chance on upgrade after booking a standard room (+ lounge access)
* Westin versus Sheraton or Meridien Bristol

Rates are incredible compared to Hilton, although all of these hotels are relatively cheap.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by Rockhopper24

Does anyone have recent info about:
* Chance on upgrade after booking a standard room (+ lounge access)
* Westin versus Sheraton or Meridien Bristol

I'd save the money and stay on one of the three SPG. Le Meridien has a better tourist location. I have been in both the Westin and Sheraton this year. Both gave nice upgrades, both were cheap, both had excellent Platinum benefits. I really don't know how to choose, except based on location preference.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I'd save the money and stay on one of the three SPG. Le Meridien has a better tourist location. I have been in both the Westin and Sheraton this year. Both gave nice upgrades, both were cheap, both had excellent Platinum benefits. I really don't know how to choose, except based on location preference.

Thanks jbcarioca. The rates of the SPG properties are great indeed. Since it seems Plat benefits are good, we will probably decide on location. Thanks again.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: FB platinum, SPG platinum, Hertz PC
I had great experience with the Westin Warsaw. Friendly and efficient staff. Very decent price. Upgrade to presidential suite (Platinum).
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Have the rates at this property gone up significantly?
I'm seeing ~100Euro for my dates (end of May beg of June)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:33 am

I don't think ~100 Euro is out of range for this hotel, especially for May when they're likely to start getting more tourist traffic going through. I've stayed there for less in the past, but it's not a bad rate for what is a rather nice hotel.

To your point though, I did notice a jump in Starwood rates in Poland recently. I'm booking elsewhere there and rates are a bit higher than I've been able to get in the past.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelingWookiee
I don't think ~100 Euro is out of range for this hotel, especially for May when they're likely to start getting more tourist traffic going through. I've stayed there for less in the past, but it's not a bad rate for what is a rather nice hotel.

To your point though, I did notice a jump in Starwood rates in Poland recently. I'm booking elsewhere there and rates are a bit higher than I've been able to get in the past.
Yup, it's still a very good rate. Just expected something lower judging from past posts. And the IC Warsaw is only 60E for the same dates.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by chang9121990
Yup, it's still a very good rate. Just expected something lower judging from past posts. And the IC Warsaw is only 60E for the same dates.
You are right. A few months ago prices were only around 55 to 60 euro's for Hilton and Westin. But that was for a 3 night stay. So I don't know what the price was for a 1 night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.