FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/352326-westin-warsaw-poland-master-thread.html)

ledger Dec 9, 2004 12:59 pm

I think the best Starwood bargain is the Sheraton Bilbao. Great rooms, service, and bathrooms (heated floors) for less that 100E per night.

ewj Dec 9, 2004 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by ledger
I think the best Starwood bargain is the Sheraton Bilbao. Great rooms, service, and bathrooms (heated floors) for less that 100E per night.

I went there (once) just after it opened it is very nice.

ibdsux Dec 9, 2004 5:16 pm

I think the best SPG hotels for the $ are the Sheraton & Westin Grande Sukhumvit. Thailand way overbuilt its luxury hotel inventory during its go-go days and today's traveler benefits. Heck, even the 4S/Regent BKK doesn't get anywhere close the nightly rate 4S gets almost everywhere else.

Nevsky Dec 10, 2004 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ewj
I went there (once) just after it opened it is very nice.

Good to know. I am there next month. Will be my first Starwood stay of the year.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Dec 10, 2004 2:10 pm

Thank you for reminding me about WAW. I was looking for somewhere new from FRA on my next trip. Just booked the Warsaw Sheraton for 75E per night. Another stamp in the passport. Regards

Altaflyer Feb 27, 2005 9:23 pm

Executive Room and Lounge

Just booked the Exec Floor for a 20 Euro premium over a regular room.

What can I expect from the Lounge? Evening Snacks, Drinks (alcoholic for how much?), B-fast? Details appreciated as Westin has NONE :eek: . Are there refreshments in the lounge all day?

Is the room markedly better? Can I sneak in a guest to the Lounge?

Any comments appreciated!!

Altaflyer Apr 24, 2005 10:15 pm

Perfect...totally perfect!!

I stayed here just after Easter and LOVED IT…..ALOT. You will not be disappointed with this place. It is simply top notch. I stayed on the Executive Floor one floor below the Lounge.

Even before I got to the hotel the signs were all very positive. An email sent to the hotel in the early evening my time that would have arrived there at about 3am local time was answered in a comprehensive manner, in perfect English in under 10 minutes!! :-: This compares to the Le Meridien Bristol where emails went completely unanswered (should have taken that as an omen – oh well).

Check-in was a breeze, I got to choose a newspaper from about 30 or more choices and up to the room I go. A welcome amenity of savouries and a fair amount of fancy chocolate awaited my arrival. Yummy. Nice sized room, not huge but comfortable. Very nice bathroom with a digital scale and Molton Brown amenities. Quite liked the Molton Brown! Also, there were 4 bottles of complimentary water in the room. Much appreciated. Shoe shine was offered and accepted and delivered in the am at exactly the time promised. Sydney Morning Herald arrived as well. Heck, why not try something different! The paper is an exact copy on 11x17 paper with all the ads etc…

Went to the Executive Lounge that evening where they had cocktail hour. They had hot and cold canapés and an open bar with complimentary liquor. The rest of the day you can help yourself to non-alcoholic drinks. There is an internet equipped computer that I did make use of. I enjoyed a bottle of a nice Italian wine that evening….by accident of course :D . In the morning there was a breakfast served in the lounge but my rate included the buffet in the restaurant so I did that.

Before going to sleep I checked out the gym…yes, after the bottle of wine! Got my workout in okay. The equipment is way above and beyond for a hotel gym. Its TechnoGym stuff, all very good. The treadmills (2) are each worth about 10,000 Euro and feature built in fans and flat panel control board/TV! There is a sauna as well. They also had SIX, yes SIX Schwinn Spin bikes! The gym is open 24 hours. The only thing I wish they had is a hot tub but not a necessity by any means.

The breakfast buffet was very good indeed and the service extremely good. Food was of excellent quality and there was great variety. Omelets and waffles were freshly made. Another bout in the gym (had to catch up on missed workouts!) and then I went sightseeing. I was given a 4pm check-out as part of my rate and this was honoured with no questions asked. Check-out was easy and miles posted in a couple of days. The following day I returned to have lunch (the Bristol food sucked, as did the whole experience) and again, great service and very good food ^

I found every single interaction with staff to be exemplary. The hotel is impressive in its public areas and is spotless in all respects. This stay ranks very close to the best hotel stay I have enjoyed. Well done Westin Warsaw….I wish you were closer to home!

:-: :-: :-: :-: :-:

claes059 Apr 26, 2005 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
The breakfast buffet was very good indeed and the service extremely good. Food was of excellent quality and there was great variety. Omelets and waffles were freshly made.
:-: :-: :-: :-: :-:

Guess I will take the breakfast buffet in the restaurant, next time I'll be there!
Nice to see you had a great stay here! :)

Altaflyer Apr 26, 2005 8:13 am

You will not be disappointed. I am jealous that you are so much closer to this perfect hotel! :(

nologic Apr 26, 2005 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Ikarus
Since a few years I have to travel regularly to Warsaw and I have found both, the Sheraton and the Westin best value for money. I have occasionally tried other hotels in the city; nothing to compare with the Westin and the Sheraton.

I have to disagree and say that, IMO, the Bristol, which is a Meridien, is a treasure: a wonderful hotel right next to the Presidential Palace. It is a grand old hotel in beautiful condition with great service. It would be many times more expensive if it was in a Western European city and is a bargain in Warsaw.

Altaflyer Apr 26, 2005 9:28 am

Originally Posted by nologic
It is a grand old hotel in beautiful condition with great service.

And having stayed there a month ago I have to respectfully disagree with the above, especially the "beautiful condition". I have posted a trip report in "Other Hotel Programs" and soon both reports will also be on tripadvisor.

SAnger3494 May 13, 2005 7:36 am

Recent Stay reports

Anyone have any current information regarding The westin or Sheraton in Warsaw. We have never traveled to the Eastern Bloc. We are going to Budapest for sure and looking at Warsaw, Prague and Salzberg as second stops.

Thanks

SA

blue2002 May 13, 2005 10:19 am

Originally Posted by SAnger3494
We have never traveled to the Eastern Bloc.

Then I guess you never will. It has been referred to as either Eastern or Central Europe for some time now. @:-)

ehe123 May 13, 2005 4:59 pm

Nice stay at the Westin

We just had a very nice stay at the Westin Warsaw. They gave us a Platinum upgrade to a suite, and we were very pleased with the quality of the food and service in the Executive Lounge. We had smoked salmon, herring, pastries, fresh fruits, etc. every morning. In the evenings, alcoholic beverages were complimentary (they were in the morning, as well, for those so inclined ;). The gym was also excellent, with a nice sauna. The location is in a business area, but an easy 15-20 minute walk to the Old City and other sites. The new Museum of the Warsaw Uprising is near the hotel, and well worth a visit. We saw a spectacular production of Swan Lake at the Grand Theater. The only thing more impressive than the sets and the dance was the ticket price: ~ $15 in the center orchestra. I can not imagine that such seats would be less than $100 in New York or Washington. I am unable to make any comparison with the Sheraton, but would give a very strong recommendation to the Westin.

Altaflyer May 13, 2005 9:40 pm

You MUST stay here!

The review of my Easter 2005 stay at the Westin Warsaw is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=3390

One of the top hotel stays I have had anywhere!!! If you have any questions feel free to send a PM.