Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
What the hell is going on here? Is OJ code for something? I am trying to figure out how I never boiled down a hotel choice to...the availability of fruit juice.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:26 am

Problem with Westin lounge is that after renovation it is worse than before, it is close after 22 but you can open it using your card, is dark and it is difficult find light switch, all drinks are now close. At happy hours you have less snacks but better choice of alcohol. And now to access you need swipe card at door. Now I preffer Sheraton lounge at Warsaw.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
The Westin Warsaw (but also the Sheraton) used to be easily BRGable. Has anyone been able to BRG it recently?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:47 pm

Owner change.

Skanska sold it to Qatar holding Al Sraiya 56mil EUR, I think it will leave Marriott network in future.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Pity if so, it was one of my favourite hotels in Central Europe, tremendous value for money.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I really, really hope you're wrong. This is one of my favourites, and among the three SPG's I spend most nights at.

BTW; I see that Al Sraiya also owns the Munich Marriott
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:01 am

Was back here over the weekend....The German weissbier is back in the lounge, so is a choice of hot items, not only two types of soup (which they have had the last couple of years). Great improvement!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past three years.

I honestly prefer the Sheraton, even though the Westin has a newer, fresher feel to it.

My biggest issue with the Westin is the extremely lackluster room service menu. Few choices and most are either bland (healthier options) or modified from the norm in some way (e.g. Coriander Mayo on the club sandwich, Asian BBQ sauce on the burger). Only three dessert options.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

Update : I think now all rooms are renovated, in suite finaly they exchange old Samsung TV's to new ones (living room 55" and bedroom 42").
In lounge at happy hours you can have hot dishes (I had soup, stuffed chicken breast or salomon with spinach + potatoes). It was problem with lifts from 3 only works 1.
Now they have promo for SPG members you can rent free of charge electric BMW i3 for 2-3h and drive around Warsaw.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC
I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past three years.

I honestly prefer the Sheraton, even though the Westin has a newer, fresher feel to it.

My biggest issue with the Westin is the extremely lackluster room service menu. Few choices and most are either bland (healthier options) or modified from the norm in some way (e.g. Coriander Mayo on the club sandwich, Asian BBQ sauce on the burger). Only three dessert options.
Sheraton Warsaw is also renovated So Westin & Sheraton rooms and Club Lounge are good imho
Old May 7, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I stayed there recently for one night (first stay ever), the hotel was on full occupancy and they upgraded me to the presidential suite
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Does anyone know why this property no longer does cheaper weekend rates? I used to do a few mattress runs here a couple of years ago and managed to get a 2 or 3 nights for around PLN 185 per night which was great value. I just did some dummy searches and the weekend rates are all 300+. Is it to do with Marriott merger or the change in owner from Skanska to the Qatar group?

I have walked by a couple of times at nights at weekends and hardly saw any lights on which suggest low occupancy.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:52 pm

At the property now - and still generous with elite members, just as before. Staying for 8 nights, got an executive corner room for the two first nights (suites sold out), and then they moved me over to an executive suite for the remainder of my stay. The club lounge has been closed for a long time, and they were not sure when it will open again. However, those booked into club rooms and P/T/A will get vouchers for the duration of their stay. Each day you receive one voucher for food and alcoholic drinks - each guest can order two items from the club menu, and two alcoholic drinks (wine, beer, spirits, liquor, etc). You will also receive a voucher for coffee and soft drinks. This voucher will give each guest two soft drinks and free coffee every day. You can order your food/drinks in the bar or to the room via roomservice, free of charge. IMO, I find this to be a great replacement for the lounge, and they could have done so much worse.

Unfortunately, this hotel has slipped several steps servicewise. All too many staff members are clueless and inefficient. I don't need laughter and smiles all over the place, but the general impression of the staff is not good - most of them are quite grumpy and unpleasant. I have stayed at this hotel many times, as it is my favourite place in Warsaw, and now I am back for the first time since January 2020 - and most of the regular staff seems to be gone. Up until this point, I have only encountered one familiar face.

The restaurant is only open for breakfast. They don't seem to have any doorman/concierge on duty anymore.

It remains my to-go place in Warsaw, as their elitetreatment is the best. But I surely do hope that they will sort out the service issues once things are finally up and running again.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:24 pm

​​​​​​
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
In the near future I'll have a stay at both the Westin and at the Marriott in Warsaw, will be interesting to compare the two.
skrosvik likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.