Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Well, at least they let me know this year...AMS Marriott Cancel Policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Some of you may recall a thread I posted last year about the multiple cancel policies I discovered by accident last year on a single reservation at the AMS Marriott.

The 1st night & last night of my stay had a DOA cancel; the middle portion had a 14-day - which was NOT mentioned anywhere verbally when I made the initial reservation or when I received email confirmation. Hence, my finding out by 'accident' when I called last year to make a change.

Personally I think people should be told up front or in the email confirmation.

Received this from AMS Marriott this morning. At least they're telling me (and the part they mention is again the middle part - not the 2 nights on either side). AND something new - in addition to the 15-day cancel, they're now hitting the cc up front rather than at check in. But at least they let me know this time...since they jumped the room rate to 395E during the show would have hated to find out after the fact.

"Dear SkiAdcock:

Due to the “International Broadcasting Convention”, which takes place in Amsterdam from 9 September until 14 September 2004, we would like to advise you we have a special cancellation policy:

You may cancel your reservations up to 15 days prior to arrival without costs. Furthermore, on 26 August 2004, a full deposit will be charged to your credit card for the nights of 9 until 14 September. After the deposit has been taken from your credit card the reservation (from 9 until 14 Sep.) is no longer changeable, cancelable and the deposit will be non-refundable.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to change your credit card details or if you have any other queries.

We look forward to welcoming you!

With regards,
Marriott Booking Center
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Tel: +31 20 607 5566
Fax: +31 20 607 5512
[email protected]"

Good news: they're letting me know this time. Bad news: by hitting the AmEx up front & the close date coming before the show, it means my clients only have 1 week to turn around an expense check (I can't invoice them until I return from the show) which they won't be happy w/. Oh well.

I was holding a reservation at the Renaissance too (I always have a back-up room in case a client needs one at the last minute), but their cancel policy is less than Marriott's & no hitting cc up front. May have to think about staying there next year. The price is only 5E different, so that's not a big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.