Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Airpass, UA 1P, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Maykita
Just stayed in this property. We had a room with 2 queen beds, and there were shutters on the glass wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom area that closed completely for privacy. I'm not sure how many rooms are set up that way, but perhaps it is more likely if you request a room with 2 beds. The toilet was in a separate frosted glass stall from the shower area. Very nice property overall. We had a Fabulous room and the balcony and view were pretty fabulous.
I had a Mega Room last night ... bathroom was fully enclosed with a sliding door, so plenty of privacy there.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:19 am

I too am debating between the Diplomat, W and Westin beach resort. We are staying for 2 nights and will not have a car. Which hotel offers the best location in relation to local restaurants?

Edit, do all 3 offer cribs in the room?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Originally Posted by precision80
I too am debating between the Diplomat, W and Westin beach resort. We are staying for 2 nights and will not have a car. Which hotel offers the best location in relation to local restaurants?

Edit, do all 3 offer cribs in the room?
I could use some insight on this also, as I'm planning the exact same scenario quite soon.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Sheraton Beach, Westin or Diplomat? Anyone who's been to all three that can give me an idea?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Sheraton Beach, Westin or Diplomat? Anyone who's been to all three that can give me an idea?

Considering the Diplomat is not in Fort Lauderdale but 20 min south, I would go with either the Westin or W.

What do you want to do? what do you have planned?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Considering the Diplomat is not in Fort Lauderdale but 20 min south, I would go with either the Westin or W.

What do you want to do? what do you have planned?
I would also love you input on this.

I'm considering staying at either the Diplomat or the W FLL. I'm looking for space and great service, seen both the corner suites at the diplomat and the fantastic suites at the W. The fantastic suites look not only more spacious but fantastic . Although the beach is across the street which makes it less attractive for me. But what about the service at both hotels?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I would also love you input on this.

I'm considering staying at either the Diplomat or the W FLL. I'm looking for space and great service, seen both the corner suites at the diplomat and the fantastic suites at the W. The fantastic suites look not only more spacious but fantastic . Although the beach is across the street which makes it less attractive for me. But what about the service at both hotels?
One has a beach across the street, the other has an attached beach with a far walk to the small beach area. They both cancel out. I prefer the W Ft. Lauderdale because there are things to do nearby. The Diplomat is in a dead zone, in my personal opinion.

Diplomat Suite - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqGMieOPmiA
W Suite - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU9FEjmZ2Rk

I'm treated well at both. It's really about what you're looking for and want to do while in the area.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Hey [B]Kennected[B], welcome backl! Basically, my wife and I just want to relax. I like to swim, my wife likes to shop, and we both enjoy being near good restaurants. We'd like a nice comfy room to relax in during the height of the day/for an afternoon nap.

We enjoyed the Diplomat, but it seemed far removed from anything.

Basically, I'm willing to consider the W, Sheraton or Westin. Pool, In-house restaurant for lunch, distance to shopping/restaurants, quality of beach (also for swimming more than laying out).

Thanks for your input!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Hey [B]Kennected[B], welcome backl! Basically, my wife and I just want to relax. I like to swim, my wife likes to shop, and we both enjoy being near good restaurants. We'd like a nice comfy room to relax in during the height of the day/for an afternoon nap.

We enjoyed the Diplomat, but it seemed far removed from anything.

Basically, I'm willing to consider the W, Sheraton or Westin. Pool, In-house restaurant for lunch, distance to shopping/restaurants, quality of beach (also for swimming more than laying out).

Thanks for your input!
then go for the W or Westin.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
then go for the W or Westin.
KENNECTED,

Why are there two master threads for the Westin Ft Lauderdale?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Any other thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
KENNECTED,

Why are there two master threads for the Westin Ft Lauderdale?

Any other thoughts?
These are two different Westin's.

One is https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3328

And the other is https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=1016
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Oops, I suspect no one is referring to the Cat2 Westin
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:12 am
Suspended

Oops, I suspect no one is referring to the Cat2 Westin
I've only stayed the Westin on the Beach, The W and the Sheraton Beach.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:14 am

W, Westin Beach or Sheraton

I'm looking at the aforementioned hotels at the moment and to prioritise:

essential:
- nice, fresh room
- walking distance to restaurants

important:
- balcony or terrace
- sea view

Out of these properties I can only see a mention of a balcony for the W Mega Rooms. The W is getting complaints about the music being too loud on the ocean side. How true is that? Are the complainers oversensitive or is it a grey area, a matter of taste? Is it a pretentious hotel?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:18 pm
Suspended

I'm looking at the aforementioned hotels at the moment and to prioritise:

essential:
- nice, fresh room
- walking distance to restaurants

important:
- balcony or terrace
- sea view

Out of these properties I can only see a mention of a balcony for the W Mega Rooms. The W is getting complaints about the music being too loud on the ocean side. How true is that? Are the complainers oversensitive or is it a grey area, a matter of taste? Is it a pretentious hotel?
  • None of those properties are NEW. I think the rooms are all decent.
  • The Sheraton was refreshed a few years ago.
  • The Westin, a former sheraton, that was rebranded and improved.
  • The W was a new build, but has been used hard. Some rooms have some wear and tear
  • Most hotels, regardless of brand, have a restaurant. If you don't like the options along the beach, you can cab or Water Taxi downtown to Las Olas.
  • The only property with a balcony option is the W. If you're gold you may be upgraded to a room with a balcony. However those rooms are on lower floors, and balcony's are very small. You can fit to chairs and a table on the balcony. These room are over WET so if you can hear music on the weekends. During the week they don't have parties. I have a friend, who was Gold stay in one of these rooms. I can't tell you how bad the noise is as I only visited and he didn't mention it since we went to the beach most days.

I suggest reading the master thread for the above properties. I know I've posted videos and pictures. I don't know what your status is, but I've always been upgraded to suites. However, the videos/pictures will give you an idea of what the rooms look like.

I would also use Google Street view to look at the area along the beach.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.