Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Old Nov 28, 2009, 8:07 pm

That's great information - thanks non-nonrev - I would never have thought about drawbridges. It's also good to know it would be reverse-commute.

Do you know the area of the Sheraton Suites ? Just how ghetto is it (with the empty mall now)??
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, spg, Delta skymiles, marriott rewards
I stayed at Sheraton Suites Plantation in January for BCS national title game and again for one night in June on business. The area is not "ghetto". Mostly upper middle class suburban chain store strip mall stuff. I felt safe there. Much easier to get around than if you stay on beach for the trip you are describing.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by azepine00
gleff, can you (or anyone else) elaborate on why Westin is far more impressive than Hilton FLL Beach?

Top tier in both programs but I would prefer to spend a couple Hilton certs that expire in a few months unless Westin (or W) is clearly better.

I've stayed at all three properties and have posted reviews. Have you read the reviews? I would like to suggest reading the reviews then asking specific question so I can give you specific answers.

General stuff.

All properties are:
  • Relatively new
  • Well maintained
  • Nice decor/rooms (I actually like the Hilton room decor better than the dip, but like the W FL common)
  • Nice pools (the westin pool and hilton pool are a toss up, the westin gets
  • Have good top tier recognition & service. I been assigned big suites at all three YEMD. (your experience may differ)

• the win because it has direct beach access)

Restaurants/nightlife - better near the W, Westin Beach Resort and Hilton
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Please recommend hotel in Miami / Fort Lauderdale

I will be traveling with my wife and 9 month old daugher. I've not been to Miami, so I'm not sure what part of Miami is where and what is where. We'll have the baby so we won't be clubbing it up or anything. We will do walks along the beach and would like to have easy access to some shopping. Right now, I've got a room at the Diplomat. Looks like it is on the water. I think we're outside the target group for the W South Beach.

Any suggestions based on the travel party and what we'll be looking to do?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Here is a link to the Florida Master Hotel threads. Perhaps some discussion in there will help you with your dilemma.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
Westin Deplomat, Hollywood, Fla

Greetings:

I don't see how you can beat this one.....graet location on the beach, great pool, great service, great club.....treat Plat's like kings.......

How to beat it..............see thread for other comments.

Enjoy.................
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Actually, I just noticed that I named the wrong hotel; I have reservations at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale.
Old May 9, 2011, 5:08 pm

Which Ft Lauderdale property?

I am trying to book a reasonable weekend get away with the wife for Memorial Day weekend using some SPG points. I am thinking Ft Lauderdale. The Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach would be my first choice, but they dont offer Cash and Points and the 3 nights would put too big of a dent in my balance for some other things I already have planned...
So I am looking at the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek for 3k/night, Westin Ft Lauderdale for 2800 and $45/night, and the Sheraton Suites Plantation Ft Lauderdale West for 2800 and $45/night. Close to beach and places to eat are nice and will be spending some time lounging by the pool. Any recomendations or advice on these choices?
Old May 9, 2011, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by barnburner
I am trying to book a reasonable weekend get away with the wife for Memorial Day weekend using some SPG points. I am thinking Ft Lauderdale. The Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach would be my first choice, but they dont offer Cash and Points and the 3 nights would put too big of a dent in my balance for some other things I already have planned...
So I am looking at the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek for 3k/night, Westin Ft Lauderdale for 2800 and $45/night, and the Sheraton Suites Plantation Ft Lauderdale West for 2800 and $45/night. Close to beach and places to eat are nice and will be spending some time lounging by the pool. Any recomendations or advice on these choices?

Check out the Westin Diplomat!

Are you a SPG Platinum member by the way?
Old May 9, 2011, 7:03 pm

Out of the three you mentioned, Westin Fort Lauderdale is the nicest. Sheraton Suites Plantation is great, but a good 20+ minutes from the beach.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Check out the Westin Diplomat!

Are you a SPG Platinum member by the way?
No Gold
Old May 12, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
No points or status involved but I was fortunate enough to get the Westin Diplomat through Priceline a few weeks ago for a $75 bid.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:05 pm

I stayed at westin Ft. Lauderdale couple of years back and it was a nice property. The beach is right across the street. We got ocean view room and the view was fantastic. The lobby was ok but the rooms were good.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by bj2757
No points or status involved but I was fortunate enough to get the Westin Diplomat through Priceline a few weeks ago for a $75 bid.
have you stayed there yet? I don't remember exactly how long ago (several months ago for sure because I don't remember when :P), I went there for a meeting (not staying there) and the road in front is under heavy construction and the cars are backed up a lot, hard to enter the hotel and a lot of noise. hopefully it's all cleared by now...
Old May 12, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by mshah
I stayed at westin Ft. Lauderdale couple of years back and it was a nice property. The beach is right across the street. We got ocean view room and the view was fantastic. The lobby was ok but the rooms were good.
I stayed there when I went to the meeting I mentioned in the post above this. I got upgraded to an "ocean view" room as a SPG gold but it was a partial ocean view but it was still a very nice room. I liked Westin's pool too. overall a nice place for a weekend getaway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.