Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Well since the Westin has not opened yet, really cannot be the judge of it yet.
That's true, of course. I am assuming since it will be almost brand new by the time we get there, that it will be nicer than the Sheraton. What I'd really like to know is if the location is just as convenient for fireworks, etc. Is there something that would make the Sheraton a better option? It is sold out for 4th of July, while the Westin is not, so I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

Thanks!

Glorian
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Well they are less than a mile apart. One Hotel will be on one end of the "park" and the Yankee is on the other. It is just one night, but I am just not a fan of the Yankee.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:15 pm

Well they are less than a mile apart. One Hotel will be on one end of the "park" and the Yankee is on the other. It is just one night, but I am just not a fan of the Yankee.
Thanks--that helps! Even if stuff is happening on the Yankee end, we'd be able to walk to it from the Westin.

Glorian
Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I would definitely avoid the Yankee. It is in serious need of renovation.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
As the fireworks activities are centered around the corner of Las Olas and A1A, the two hotels will be ROUGHLY equidistant from the activities. Here's a (admittedly brief) listing of the 2008 activities:

http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/events/july4/index.htm
Old Jan 20, 2009, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
As the fireworks activities are centered around the corner of Las Olas and A1A, the two hotels will be ROUGHLY equidistant from the activities.
Good to know--looks like the new Westin is in, and the Sheraton is out.

Thanks!

Glorian
Old Jul 26, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Anyone know the current parking rates at the Westin Fort Lauderdale?

Also wondering if there is a way to avoid pay parking. Is there safe street parking near this property?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by rwsatl
Anyone know the current parking rates at the Westin Fort Lauderdale?

Also wondering if there is a way to avoid pay parking. Is there safe street parking near this property?

The Westin "up North" of town? Corporate Drive? Frankly, I don't remember paying for parking there. There isn't much nearby...probably no place I'd leave a rental car without lots of insurance. A couple of strip malls within a mile-plus. If I were you, I'd call the hotel and ask about parking charges. Hopefully, they'll have good news for you.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
The Westin "up North" of town? Corporate Drive?
Yeah, the Westin on Corp. Dr. is the one I was asking about. I'll give them a call and post my findings.

Confirmed w/hotel
$10.00 self park
$14.00 valet

Last edited by rwsatl; Jul 27, 2009 at 12:44 pm
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by rwsatl
Yeah, the Westin on Corp. Dr. is the one I was asking about. I'll give them a call and post my findings.

Confirmed w/hotel
$10.00 self park
$14.00 valet
When I stayed there this May they had free parking for SPG plats, so don't forget to ask.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by German-FLyer
When I stayed there this May they had free parking for SPG plats, so don't forget to ask.
I can confirm this after my stay this week. Both valet and self park are comped to plats....and I didn't even have a chance to ask them!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:13 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
New request - we are attending a wedding in Boca Raton.
Based on distance, the Westin FLL on Corp Drive or the Sheraton Cypress Creek seem
to be the best bets.
Westin Beach Resort and Sheraton Suites Pantation are the 2 next closest.
The Diplomat Golf Resort and Westin Diplomat, at 25 miles distance, seem too far
unless there is compelling reason to stay there.

Which would you recommend for a long weekend with a 2 year old kid, and
commutes to Boca for wedding/dinners/lunches?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
New request - we are attending a wedding in Boca Raton.
Based on distance, the Westin FLL on Corp Drive or the Sheraton Cypress Creek seem
to be the best bets.
Westin Beach Resort and Sheraton Suites Pantation are the 2 next closest.
The Diplomat Golf Resort and Westin Diplomat, at 25 miles distance, seem too far
unless there is compelling reason to stay there.

Which would you recommend for a long weekend with a 2 year old kid, and
commutes to Boca for wedding/dinners/lunches?
Before you stay at the Westin Beach Resort, go for the W next door. Often the rates are not that much higher and ist's just a totally different experience.

I liked the Westin FLL, because of its decent service and rates if you just want to stay a night, but not sure it's the best choice for kids.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:59 am

May possibly be going to Ft. Lauderdale in May or June.

Would be going to Nova Southeastern University for about 4-5 days. So no kids or anything, but have evenings to myself and relax or explore.

Which hotel would be best? Looked through the Sheraton Plantation - not many FTers stay there it seems - but some good reports on tripadvisor... (any other hotel review sites out there?) I trust FTers more though...

If I stay at another *wood hotel how would the commute be? I'd need to be at NOVA for 9 am - finished by 5 pm.

Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

By far Sheraton Suites Plantation would be the easiest commute - you would simply turn out of the hotel drive onto University Drive, head south about 3 miles, and you would swiftly arrive at the entrance to Nova.

If you choose one of the beach properties, most of your drive would be reverse-commute. However, you would need to factor in time just in case one of the drawbridges gets raised during your drive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.