Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Tower Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:39 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by scubadu
Nothing at all to be sorry for, was just confirming. IMHO, SPG is very weak in BA and so I can't comment on this property. My wife is SPG Platinum, but when visiting BA we never stay in an SPG property as we aren't willing to compromise our experience in this excellent city for a points stay (and we are lucky to have that option).

Unfortunately, and don't mean to dampen your spirits, but if set on SPG award stay, your primary mission will be determining your trade-offs.

Best of luck and enjoy BA, great city.

Regards
So which hotel would you recommend.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by wma
So which hotel would you recommend.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...nos-aires.html
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Does anyone have an email for the GM?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I stayed at the Park Tower for a couple of days this month on a paid stay.

The staff was very friendly and professional. I booked a deluxe room and was upgraded to a grand deluxe room. Not sure what the difference is other than (a) higher floor and (b) a 5-7 drinks and snack hour that I didn't take advantage of because I was out. I was a bit disappointed on the lack of a suite upgrade as a plat since the hotel seemed very empty and it has 16 corner suites. I also received a nice breakfast, although certainly not on the level of Marriott properties in Asia.

As others have said, the interior is a bit dated, but not in bad shape. Not particularly my style though. The pool area was also pretty blah.

Overall, I suppose I'll stay there again next time I'm in BA although it's not a hotel that I'm thinking is anything more than a decent place to stay.

Also, as a note, if you're visiting BA, there is a "bird poop" scam going on targeting tourists (google it before you go) The area around the hotel seems pretty safe but there was an incident with a guest within a couple of blocks from the hotel.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Staying in Buenos Aires late February and was looking at this property.

Prices are around 270usd a night including taxes which seems high.

I don't mind paying, but considering the reviews I'm a little hesitant.

Is the Park Tower really worth twice the amount as the Sheraton?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Staying in Buenos Aires late February and was looking at this property.

Prices are around 270usd a night including taxes which seems high.

I don't mind paying, but considering the reviews I'm a little hesitant.

Is the Park Tower really worth twice the amount as the Sheraton?
Given the reviews here I would not select the Park Tower. I was looking at BA for September. I wonder how Hotel Panamericano will be when it opens this month.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
Given the reviews here I would not select the Park Tower. I was looking at BA for September. I wonder how Hotel Panamericano will be when it opens this month.
Just looked at the Panamericano. Seems like an interesting option.

Currently shows Feb 2020 opening but the hotel has been open for quite some time. It is just converting to a Marriott property.

Can't book it though so not sure if the February Marriott integration will take place.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze

Currently shows Feb 2020 opening but the hotel has been open for quite some time. It is just converting to a Marriott property.

Can't book it though so not sure if the February Marriott integration will take place.
This is now bookable, category 5. Do we know which brand it will be part of?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

Good central location. Easy Subte and Metrobus 9 de Julio access. (Note that despite the address, it is essentially located on 9 de Julio, a major street.)

That said, expect a lot of noise and access congestion issues. You just never know when a protest or similar is going to form in the area, blocking the street. I'd also want to be on a floor as high as possible, not facing the front. For convenience, I'd probably choose this over the Sheraton / Park Tower.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Stayed here for three nights this week.
I booked a base suite and they upgraded me to a very big suite.
The hotel is not a Luxury Collection Hotel!
This is basically a wing of the Sheraton Hotel.
The location looks great on the map, but due to the proximity of train station and harbour it has become a dangerous place. Don't leave the premises into the wrong direction. My taxi was one evening basically knocked by several guys who wanted money.
The rooms are extremely old and worn out.
There was no chair in my room that I could possibly sit on to work. I asked them to bring me a work chair, they did not accommodate.
Breakfast one of the worst once I had in a long time in a hotel. Extremely low quality, same true for the room service.
The lounge is shared with Sheraton, very old, low quality spread.
Concierge not helpful with any of my requests, basically all they do is organise over priced car transportation and recommendations for the usual tourist rip off spots.
The Gym and pool area are big, but very old and smelly.
So in short. This is a very old and worn out property with bad service.
Avoid if you can.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Stayed here for three nights this week.
I booked a base suite and they upgraded me to a very big suite.
The hotel is not a Luxury Collection Hotel!
This is basically a wing of the Sheraton Hotel.
The location looks great on the map, but due to the proximity of train station and harbour it has become a dangerous place. Don't leave the premises into the wrong direction. My taxi was one evening basically knocked by several guys who wanted money.
The rooms are extremely old and worn out.
There was no chair in my room that I could possibly sit on to work. I asked them to bring me a work chair, they did not accommodate.
Breakfast one of the worst once I had in a long time in a hotel. Extremely low quality, same true for the room service.
The lounge is shared with Sheraton, very old, low quality spread.
Concierge not helpful with any of my requests, basically all they do is organise over priced car transportation and recommendations for the usual tourist rip off spots.
The Gym and pool area are big, but very old and smelly.
So in short. This is a very old and worn out property with bad service.
Avoid if you can.
What a shame as it was once quite a nice property. Last time I was there (maybe 7 years ago), it was definitely better than you describe. There was butler service as I recall and the rooms were in very good condition. The lounge was completely separate from that of the Sheraton and it was very nice. The economy and COVID must really have taken a toll on the Park Tower specifically and on Argentina in general. Too bad.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:01 pm

I couldn’t disagree more. We spent 2 nights at the beginning of April. Used free night cert and SNA’s and upgraded to a very nice 2-room suite. The furniture was old world European and not my style. But it was in very good condition. Plenty of room to work at the desk or relax on the sofa; both in the Living Room. Good size bathroom with double sinks and separate large shower. Separate powder room. Breakfast buffet in the Park Tower restaurant did not have hot dishes, but you could have them to order. Staff was super accommodating. Daily maid service. I agree that the area near the hotel can be sketchy, but only if you cross the park and head to the train/bus station, particularly at nighttime. Walking three blocks in the other direction takes you to shops and a new indoor marketplace called. “Mercado de los Carruajes” with multiple stalls of high end food and drinks for consumption on premise or take away. Very well done space. The pool and gym are shared with Sheraton and are acceptable. We were able to use the outdoor pool and lounges. The indoor pool is a decent size for swimming, but nothing special. The staff at the Park Tower were friendly, efficient and helpful, always opening the door or asking if we needed a taxi. Quite different from my experiences at the Sheraton next door. The lounge is shared with Sheraton. On the 22nd floor, great views of the Tower, comfortable seating, drinks and hors-d’œuvres. At least four hot dishes every night as well as pastries and cold cuts. Lounge staff very welcoming. Overall the hotel is not in the category of the Park Hyatt, but the rate is nowhere near that of the Hyatt. We also spent a night at the Intercontinental. The Park Tower was definitely a better option.
Tanic likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Fantastic Stay...

Count me in as one of those that had an excellent stay at the Park Tower.

Checked-in early morning from Salta. Lady at front desk was super sweet and nice. Informed me that Suite wasn't ready but I only had to wait about 30 minutes in the lobby while they did some last minute touches to my room.

Arrived at my suite and I love this decor. Very old world European like Hotel Imperial Wien. There was a full bottle of wine waiting for me and some chocolates as a Lifetime Titanium Guest.

I also had a personal butler. His name is David. Really super nice guy and so sweet. When I entered my room, he was there with maintenance fixing a very, very minor issue in the bathroom. Didn't even noticed until he told me and to be frank, didn't really care. But because of this really, really slight inconvenience, the next day there was another full bottle of wine from Mendoza with a lovely apology note.

Breakast and dinner is served on the 2nd floor. I believe it's called St Regis Restaurant. Service from both breakfast and dinner was very personal AND formal. One person for water, one server for juice, one for coffee, etc.

You can also have your eggs made to order.

There's also mimosa for breakfast.

I used to stay at the Sheraton right beside it at least half a dozen times in the last decade. Really, really night and day in terms of service.

All the staffs here at the Park Tower are very polished, polite, and presentable. While Sheraton can be a hit or miss. I don't think they ever said no to any of my requests.

My stay was last month, June 2022. The rates are about the same with Sheraton. Definitely is a no brainer to stay here at the Park Tower. (really don't understand why they have the same rate).

This property is also easily BRGable. From $160 USD/night, I brought the rate down to BRG Rate 90$ USD per night. But with some Blue $ exchange rate magic, final payment was 58 USD/night payable in pesos.

Highly recommend this place...
​​​​​

Last edited by supatight80; Jul 16, 2022 at 8:13 am
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That looks nice.

Was it a standard suite? I assume from your comments that you didn't use SNAs.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by supatight80
This property is also easily BRGable. From $160 USD/night, I brought the rate down to BRG Rate 90$ USD per night. But with some Blue $ exchange rate magic, final payment was 58 USD/night payable in pesos.
​​​​​
What exactly is Blue $ exchange rate and which booking platform did you use for BRG? I have never done BRG, but your example is great if I decide to go to BA next spring (fall for Argentina).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.