Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Wien (Vienna), Austria

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Wien (Vienna), Austria

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 25, 18, 10:06 am

Programs: United 1k; M PremPlat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Yes, I did. I thought that the two topics might be read by different people. Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 18, 9:47 am

Programs: BonVoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, BA Bronze
Renaissance Hotel Properties in Vienna

Morning,

I'm extending a business trip in December to visit Vienna. Looking at the Marriott Properties, which skew on the expensive side, there are two Renaissance properties that look decent. The Renaissance Riding School (https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/ho...-vienna-hotel/) and the Renaissance Wein (https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...ce-wien-hotel/)

Anybody have any experience with either or both? Cheers!
Old Nov 15, 18, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There is a thread on Vienna properties (I'll try to find it & post & this thread will probably get merged into that one), so you could read the reviews in that thread. Ren Imperial Riding School is where I normally stay.

Here they are:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...highlight=Wien
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...highlight=Wien

Cheers.
Old Jan 1, 19, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium | AY Silver
Checked out of Marriott Vienna today and can say I'm pleased of our stay. We ditched their "offer" for their NYE event for 199€ pp and had a reservation for another restaurant around the corner. I'm personally not much of an eater when it comes to having dinner at hotels, especially the one I'm staying at.
Managed to score a nice point redemption of 35 000p per night (this will increase to 40 000 points during 2019 and forward) and booked for five nights so got the 5th night for free. Total 140 000 points is a nice deal I'd say during NYE
We liked the renovated rooms a lot. They felt modern and the 55" tv in our room was a good size.
The rooms are 27 m2 and we never felt it was too small and our big luggage fit perfectly.
Our impression from our room was that it was quiet and we both slept very good in the Marriott bed every night.
Booked a deluxe room but the hotel pre upgraded us to 7th floor, the executive floor. For what I know there's no difference than in the other regular deluxe rooms. Same size etc. Only difference a lounge card is given.

The location of Marriott Vienna is awesome. Close to two metro stations and walking distance to everything in the city centre. The staff were great, the cleaning staff awesome and I can say the hotel did a fantastic job in having us satisfied Close to Wien Mitte were the CAT-train arrives at. Short 10min walk if you walk through the park.
The lounge was a bit disappointing due to its small size. We were offered to have our breakfast at both in the lounge on 8th floor and the main breakfast on 1st floor. The breakfast buffé was not the best I've had but not the worst. It followed standard buffé and with an egg station.

I noticed the room rates can be a bit high for Marriott Vienna during peak times. I wouldn't pay more than 250€ and I saw the rates were crazy sometimes at 500€ a night during NYE. Those rates were booked. I'd book the Imperial or even Ritz if you are looking for luxury standard, the Marriott Vienna is not that kind of a hotel.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Accor Platinum....(Former IHG Rewards/Priority Club - quit after 13 years loyalty)
The courtyard in vienna does not have it's own thread.
How is it ?
Old Aug 4, 19, 3:08 pm

My wife and I are going to Vienna for a 5 nights anniversary. We want to go total luxury and are mainly looking at the Ritz Carlton or the Hotel Imperial. The Hotel Bristol looks intriguing too, @ 35K per night. It doesn't matter that Bristol is next to the Opera house, though, as we will be there in the Summer.

Anyone actually stay at two or all three of these and can comment? It seems like the Ritz and Imperial are neck and neck with each other. I encountered the same dilemna on our honeymoon when choosing between the Marriott Park Lane and Grosvener House.
Old Aug 4, 19, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by jbandy10 View Post
My wife and I are going to Vienna for a 5 nights anniversary. We want to go total luxury and are mainly looking at the Ritz Carlton or the Hotel Imperial. The Hotel Bristol looks intriguing too, @ 35K per night. It doesn't matter that Bristol is next to the Opera house, though, as we will be there in the Summer.

Anyone actually stay at two or all three of these and can comment? It seems like the Ritz and Imperial are neck and neck with each other. I encountered the same dilemna on our honeymoon when choosing between the Marriott Park Lane and Grosvener House.
I was staying at Bristol few months ago. It is old-school hotel and if you prefer history, authentic design etc. you will like it a lot. I was very satisfied with my stay and my room has small balcony facing Opera which was perfect; locationwise I find it best of these three hotels you are looking at, and the breakfast is something to speak home about, and to speak a lot. Down the street are Imperial and RC. Imperial is modernized, and I would say it is luxury in line with modern life, as much as RC, but Imperial has more history in itself. To conclude if you are into historical places with authentic design and superb location is important to you - go to Bristol, if you are for modern luxury go to RC, and if you are for something between go to Imperial.
There is also Le Meridien which I personally would take into account, especcially if you are considering budget and like hotels with modern spirit (I was there few years ago), it is almost accross the street relative to Bristol and has a small indoor pool (which you also can use as a guest of Bristol).
But, in every case - speak with the hotel in advance. These are old buildings, and rooms are not the same - so it is important to discuss the view, position of the room, size of the room, etc. before check-in to avoid complications.
Old Aug 4, 19, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
If you want “total luxury”, the Imperial is almost unanimously considered the best hotel in the city.
MrM2016 likes this.