Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Yeah, ten minutes walking to Karlsplatz or to Stadtpark, who are on the border of the Ring.
I love Vienna so I feel at home everywhere ^

IRS is a great property! Great service from the entire staff. Our first trip to Vienna and couldn't be happier with all the city had to offer.

Transportation was fantastic, making the location vs. price of the Marriott a non-issue.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:39 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Excellent updates, thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
On my upcoming trip next month, the IRS was one third the price of the Marriott. Looking forward to my stay.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by rstidolph
On my upcoming trip next month, the IRS was one third the price of the Marriott. Looking forward to my stay.
No doubt the Marriott is seriously overpriced vis-à-vis the IRS, but customers are paying it. OTH, it is a very nice hotel with a superior location. The lounge is nicely furnished and attended, with decent, though repetitive, victuals.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ohmark
No doubt the Marriott is seriously overpriced vis-à-vis the IRS, but customers are paying it. OTH, it is a very nice hotel with a superior location. The lounge is nicely furnished and attended, with decent, though repetitive, victuals.
Compared to most other Marriott lounges I've seen in Europe, I would say the Vienna Marriott is a little lacking. From reports here, it sounds like the IRS may be a little better.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but offering the choice of breakfast in the Parkring restaurant vs. the lounge was great though. The Parkring has a huge, good quality buffet. Breakfast + location make it a great hotel. But one does need to decide if it's worth the price difference.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by JBord
Compared to most other Marriott lounges I've seen in Europe, I would say the Vienna Marriott is a little lacking. From reports here, it sounds like the IRS may be a little better.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but offering the choice of breakfast in the Parkring restaurant vs. the lounge was great though. The Parkring has a huge, good quality buffet. Breakfast + location make it a great hotel. But one does need to decide if it's worth the price difference.
They were doing it (offering elite breakfast in the Parkring) when we were there in September, 2017. And, you're right, it's a very deluxe and complete breakfast (one of the best I've experienced at any Marriott, anywhere) in a pleasant setting over the park.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:36 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Staying at IRS Renaissance Vienna. Distinctly average, at best. We booked a Club Junior Suite & its a tired room, with lots of wear & tear. The Club Lounge is very poor, with basic snacks in the evening & only beer & cheap wine - no spirits. Service in there is also barely civil from one or two of the staff. The cold Breakfast in Club Lounge is OK-ish but the hot options are dreadful. Front desk in the main hotel are clueless. Would definitely not stay again. Zero Plat recognition apart from the arrival amenity. Sad & disappointing.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NoY
Staying at IRS Renaissance Vienna. Distinctly average, at best. We booked a Club Junior Suite & its a tired room, with lots of wear & tear. The Club Lounge is very poor, with basic snacks in the evening & only beer & cheap wine - no spirits. Service in there is also barely civil from one or two of the staff. The cold Breakfast in Club Lounge is OK-ish but the hot options are dreadful. Front desk in the main hotel are clueless. Would definitely not stay again. Zero Plat recognition apart from the arrival amenity. Sad & disappointing.
Wow - totally opposite my experiences there.

Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:26 am
NoY

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Wow - totally opposite my experiences there.

Cheers.
Well, I must admit I was very very disappointed based on other’s feedback here & elsewhere. My friends stayed there (with us) too & were equally dismayed. We avoided the “canteen” (aka the Club Lounge) at all costs - particularly for evening drinks. Luxurious (despite the marketing) it most certainly was not. Was not even asked if my stay was satisfactory when checking out. Great Platinum Elite recognition. Not. Its the worst Marriott family property I have ever stayed at.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This past April/May I stayed at both the IRS and the Marriott. I preferred the modern open feel of the lounge at the IRS. I felt the food was the same in both. The IRS was almost half the price of the Marriott.

If you looking king for the lounge to be a dinner substitute I would stay elsewhere
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Vienna Marriott

Just made reservation on points for five nights during new years eve for Vienna Marriott for me and my other half. Will be our first time and we are looking forward to it a lot and to visit Vienna for the first time. By reading this thread it seems the Marriott hotel is a popular property with a higher rate. The new years eve rate is very high at the moment with 399€ so we chose points instead for 35 000/night. Next year the hotel will be on 40 000 points during peak season so we thought why not.
The pictures on marriott.com feels promising but by reading this thread I'm not feeling the vibe. We chose between Le Meridien and Marriott but The Le Meridien property felt a little off for us. The Luxury Collection properties are a bit too high end on the price tag during new years eve with about 1700-2500€/night last time I was looking.
The location of Marriott looks great, close to almost everything. I hope Marriott delivers.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joakgarp
The location of Marriott looks great, close to almost everything. I hope Marriott delivers.
If you're looking for a "luxury" experience, it may not meet your expectations. But it's a very nice hotel, and most importantly if it's your first time in Vienna, it's very well located as you mention. If you walk out the side or back door of the hotel, it's just a few minutes walk to St. Stephen's, right in the heart of the city. Tram right outside the front door. Subway about a block or two down the street. Hotels inside the ring in Vienna tend to be expensive compared to most other cities in Europe (besides London and Paris), in my experience.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by JBord
If you're looking for a "luxury" experience, it may not meet your expectations.
+1. If you want more of the "old world" feel, the Imperial or the Bristol would be a better option (some argue if they are "luxury" or not due to the old world aspect of some of the decor) . RC will give you more of the modern luxury feel vs the old world of the other two options. LeM and Marriott are good hotels in central locations.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Do you have any direct contact at IRS? Would you like to email her/him prior arrival. Thank you!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by illesus
Do you have any direct contact at IRS? Would you like to email her/him prior arrival. Thank you!
You asked the same thing in the Imperial Riding School thread.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.