Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:40 am
Suspended

there are already some 70-posts on this property + Sharon's sticky

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...query=imperial

the catch - IMO, its location vrs the Vienna Marriott's location on the Parkring

Originally Posted by LatinAmericaFlyer
Any recent stays at this hotel? My family and I are planning a summer vacation with a stop in Vienna and this property looks nice - but much cheaper than other options. What's the catch? And what can I expect as a platinum?

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by leeky

the catch - IMO, its location vrs the Vienna Marriott's location on the Parkring
Yes, lots of detailed discussions re it & pictures as well. It should be noted the location isn't bad (ie, Ren Schonbrunn is much farther out). Imperial Riding School is where I stay now when I'm in Vienna. Prices are usually better than the Marriott, has more suites for upgrades (but even if you don't get a suite, rooms are quite large on the club side), good exec lounge, & you can be to the ring via tram or tube within 10-15 minutes.

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Please consolidate.

Yet another post by a 5 year veteran who can't be bothered to do a simple search.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by LatinAmericaFlyer
Any recent stays at this hotel? My family and I are planning a summer vacation with a stop in Vienna and this property looks nice - but much cheaper than other options. What's the catch? And what can I expect as a platinum?

Thanks
I stayed there around the end of last month. Since the lounge is in a separate building from the main hotel I went ahead and paid for the club level room to make sure I got in that building even though I'm Platinum. I shouldn't have bothered as when checking me in the girl slipped "We've upgraded you to the Club... oh wait, you paid for that." So, next time I'd probably just book the basic and hope for the upgrade.

Overall, I wasn't that impressed with it, but it is a good price. I guess the downside is you are a little further away from the tourist areas than say the Marriott. I think it was like a 20 minute walk or so.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:28 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Even if you aren't able to stay there this trip, do you think you will have the time to ask them if they plan on putting in a Club Lounge for later in the year, as well as perhaps take some photos of a soft opening of the hotels and its new rooms?
The hotel is under a soft opening until the end of June. All of the regular room are done. There is a photo of these on the web page. The suites are not done. Was told the first day was very rough for the staff. Many things not working and hotel was near full. There is a congress in town.

Did have dinner there and new menu and layout of lobby. Those the lobby and restaurant is totally open. Those that remember the restaurant before and the big skylight in the center that is the bar area and the seating for the restaurant is around it. Management has increased the rates for the hotel somewhat. One nice thing is no more 60 Euro bulk rates to tourist groups.

Outside is the black and white format -- which is carried throughout the property.

Where the bar was a lounge. Small area -- could have made an exec lounge here but did not.

Food at restaurant was different. It has an "Orient Express" them.

Web site is www.wunderkammer-wien.at

Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:00 am
Suspended

Thanks, Paul!

Enjoy your stay.

Weekend rates are quite affordable still and at least there is at least one destination in Europe I would contemplate using my now devalued Cat 1 - 5 annual credit card certificate!

Shame about the decision not to put in a lounge, though.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks, Paul!

Enjoy your stay.

Weekend rates are quite affordable still and at least there is at least one destination in Europe I would contemplate using my now devalued Cat 1 - 5 annual credit card certificate!

Shame about the decision not to put in a lounge, though.
Tis a shame that they did not make a Club Lounge out of the space.

The Concierge "Evelyn" is not longer there. Was told she retired. Most of the front desk staff is new. They also no longer have a transport office.
We did recognize the some of the restaurant staff - including the F&B Manager. The regular bartender who was Canadian also left.

Will have to give the hotel a chance. But was not impressed with the look.
I have over 300 nights at this property.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 pm

Courtyard Schoenbrunn - Review

I generally try to stay at a Marriott property when I am in Wien. I usually stay at the Renaissance Schoenbrunn - but it was closed for renovations. So I was there for 10 days and just now back home.

I had booked a business room which is supposed to be larger. Unfortunately it was larger, but felt smaller due to the slope of the ceiling which follows the sloped roofline. Also had a bowling alley feel and you could hear the service elevator.

Staff was friendly. Particular kudos to the evening restaurant manager who did all -- restaurant, bar, and server. Hotel food was above average too. (ate there twice)

Pluses:

Close to U4 (for heading to city center)
Convenient to my work in Weinerberg
Good service
Nice platinum food gift
Restaurant above average (especially for a Courtyard)

Negatives:
Room size
No breakfast for Platinum Elites (business room did include breakfast but was 25 Euro more).
Beds are little too hard for my taste
Where did the noisy and impolite tourists go from the Renaissance? (to this hotel) - two bus fulls every day.

For me hotel was still better than the alternatives (Holiday Inn south - which is dreadful).
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:05 am

Thanks for the reports on both properties! Much appreciated.

Also agree that it's a shame the Ren didn't put in an exec lounge given it was undergoing a full renovation & would have been the perfect time to do so.

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Hi All,

I am trying to decide which hotel to choose based on our current situation:

Family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children
Stay during first week of July

Marriott is 169 Euros but it accommodates 4 guests - adults and 2 children
IRS is 119 for a normal room which will accommodate 3 guests but not 4 so looks like we would have to book 2 rooms. Am I right in assuming that?

Greatly appreciate all inputs.

Thanks

naroowal
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by naroowal
Hi All,

I am trying to decide which hotel to choose based on our current situation:

Family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children
Stay during first week of July

Marriott is 169 Euros but it accommodates 4 guests - adults and 2 children
IRS is 119 for a normal room which will accommodate 3 guests but not 4 so looks like we would have to book 2 rooms. Am I right in assuming that?

Greatly appreciate all inputs.

Thanks

naroowal
I'm a similar situation (2 adults 2 kids), although I'm more solidly leaning towards two rooms because I do want decent bedding for everyone. Even if the FD or lounge isn't particularly a stickler about 2 kids in the room, I wouldn't do it unless we'd all be comfortable and not feel excessively cramped. I'm seeing 89 euro rates at IRS for my dates...almost seems too good to be true.

If I book two rooms (as a Gold), would the property permit all 4 of us in the lounge? Or would I need to book 1 room as Club to be certain?

Does any room type genuinely have the space and pull-out couch(es) to comfortably sleep 4?

Since the hotel offers a "bed and breakfast for kids" rate, it does seem like they are at least somewhat welcoming of children.

I was on the brink of booking a Starwood award (2 rooms, 96000 points) - no breakfast, no pool - before noticing this very, very attractive rate on Marriott.com.

EDIT: WHOA. Just noticed the Imperial Club Room room description includes "complimentary mini-bar". Anyone want to shed some light on that? What's in there? If we totally destroy that thing every day, will they fully restock it?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by leeky

The link to this thread is broken. (Or, the search result yields zero results.) I'm trying to find out more about this hotel...having searched under both "Imperial Riding School" and "Renaissance Penta" (former name?) with little results.

Anyone know where the 70-photo thread went? Any FT experience staying at this hotel at all?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
The link to this thread is broken. (Or, the search result yields zero results.) I'm trying to find out more about this hotel...having searched under both "Imperial Riding School" and "Renaissance Penta" (former name?) with little results.

Anyone know where the 70-photo thread went? Any FT experience staying at this hotel at all?
Not recent staybut I'll find the thread and photos in he morning and post.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone have the email address of Renaissance Wein Hotel?

Try to email them using a 2 years old address and got the non-delivery error.

Need to ask them if it is OK to store our bags for one day before we check in (go to Salzburg from the West train station which is close to the hotel, return will stay at this Ren.)
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:42 am
m_l

Originally Posted by Happy
Does anyone have the email address of Renaissance Wein Hotel?

Try to email them using a 2 years old address and got the non-delivery error.

Need to ask them if it is OK to store our bags for one day before we check in (go to Salzburg from the West train station which is close to the hotel, return will stay at this Ren.)
have you tried - [email protected] ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.