Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]

Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:59 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
very good

just completed 4 night weekday stay here

this property has a very large conference footprint and two towers. it's also connected to some asian mall. it has free "indoor" parking which is really just covered parking below ground. better than nothing. not much food selection near here, hot pot across the parking lot, but that's about it. you have to schlep across a boulevard and strip mall to get to the chain italian, afghani, etc places. it's not far.

as a platinum i was assigned an accessible corner room/suite in the york tower, same tower with the club lounge on fl9. pull out couch, big space, massive shower only bathroom, room looked renovated. during night one i said i like to take baths and the agent said she'll figure something out next day. the following day i received a message saying my room is ready. i call front desk and they say they can put me in a room with a bathtub but that it would be a downgrade from the "suite" that i have, and it will be in the other/non club tower. i said that's fine. bellhop comes up and turns out they moved me to an actual suite a floor down in the york tower. so that was nice. the suite was great; typical sheraton living room, bedroom, microwave, 2 tvs, and separate shower bathtub with WHIRLPOOL AWYEAH.

club lounge evening was ok. nice agent. honor bar. lots of charcuterie choices, all very poor and stale. i think they put the stuff at the end of its shelf life out here, but canada is not really a cheese eating culture. the salad bar was expansive and very good and mostly fresh. the 2x hot options varied every night and were basic. i just did evening snacks twice. never had the breakfast.

the bar/restaurant downstairs is alright. very big portions, especially the wings which were alright. room service was alright, had a decent chain hotel seafood linguini, typical sheraton.

never made it to the pool or health club but it seems to be a full service gym that caters mostly to the public, so that's always a good sign. it has a racquet club too.

i came here because someone on ft said this place is overall better than the nearby westin. i'm happy i stayed here. the staff were all great, the property is big and mostly well kempt, i was happy.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:11 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
had another 4 night stay here, this time upgraded (plat) by a friendly front desk agent to a suite in a_63 room in the york tower, and this time i was more behaved and worked out and took my breakfasts. this tower has a lot of corners and nooks so i'd say you have very high chance for upgrades and enhancements here as a plat.

the plat breakfast downstairs is, ugh. during my first/last visit, the host tried convincing me to go upstairs, and i had to push (ie not give in to his request) to sit down there. he then punched me in on his screen, printed my receipt, and then seated me. he presented a comp'd receipt with a pen, obviously the opportunity to leave gratuity. someone else on this thread said they were told it was "an auditing thing", i say bs, that's just a tacky attempt to receive tips for simply doing their job. the spread is average (lots of asian options) but the food all very meh; scrambled eggs are too thick and way overcooked, cold cuts were getting stale, cheese isn't fresh, fruit is nothing more than watermelon and pineapple. at 0630 i was told the egg cook wouldn't be on until 0700. so i wait for egg cook, friendly person but he can't do poached eggs. then the server gets me some, but in this "ok i'll do this for you as a favor" sort of way. no coffee machine, just regular coffee or oj. just very mediocre and i did not appreciate the service. i know it's canada but ugh. i just ate in the club lounge from that point forward just sticking to fruit, cold cuts, and crossaints, all of which were sufficient, and i was left alone by the staff that either clearly did not want to be there or were only there for tips. man what a tough awakening after a 20 day project in japan.

the indoor (wintertime) pool is good enough for lengths. the sauna is nice and large, i'd say it is in 80-85c range so way above average. no hot tub.

on the sheraton side next to the spa, there is that typical dinky, sheraton fitness center setup: a couple treadmills, free weights, bland sheraton peach and red paint, and a bench.

fortunately the parkway racket club is past a walk thru the best western side. no clue if they're going to convert those to sheraton or just keep it best western under 1 mgmt. the parkway racket club is dated but it's well kempt, clean, and the staff very nice, and most importantly it has a PHENOMENAL weightroom with good machines and everything you need to get swole.

the chinese mall closer to the york side has an interesting foodcourt, a bento/ramen place that looks convincing, yu-sushi that looks good enough in a pinch for takeout, some interesting chinese fastfood places with more menu in han than roman. it also has a beauty salon that was half what the (admittedly, much nicer) spa in the sheraton charged.

i like this property, despite the very mediocre food. i'd try the westin but i'm per-diem'd on rooms right now and i sure as heck do not want to waste money (8? 18? a night) on parking when this very decent option exists. hope they fix the espresso machine in the lounge soon.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by cur
had another 4 night stay here, this time upgraded (plat) by a friendly front desk agent to a suite in a_63 room in the york tower, and this time i was more behaved and worked out and took my breakfasts. this tower has a lot of corners and nooks so i'd say you have very high chance for upgrades and enhancements here as a plat.

the plat breakfast downstairs is, ugh. during my first/last visit, the host tried convincing me to go upstairs, and i had to push (ie not give in to his request) to sit down there. he then punched me in on his screen, printed my receipt, and then seated me. he presented a comp'd receipt with a pen, obviously the opportunity to leave gratuity. someone else on this thread said they were told it was "an auditing thing", i say bs, that's just a tacky attempt to receive tips for simply doing their job. the spread is average (lots of asian options) but the food all very meh; scrambled eggs are too thick and way overcooked, cold cuts were getting stale, cheese isn't fresh, fruit is nothing more than watermelon and pineapple. at 0630 i was told the egg cook wouldn't be on until 0700. so i wait for egg cook, friendly person but he can't do poached eggs. then the server gets me some, but in this "ok i'll do this for you as a favor" sort of way. no coffee machine, just regular coffee or oj. just very mediocre and i did not appreciate the service. i know it's canada but ugh. i just ate in the club lounge from that point forward just sticking to fruit, cold cuts, and crossaints, all of which were sufficient, and i was left alone by the staff that either clearly did not want to be there or were only there for tips. man what a tough awakening after a 20 day project in japan.

the indoor (wintertime) pool is good enough for lengths. the sauna is nice and large, i'd say it is in 80-85c range so way above average. no hot tub.

on the sheraton side next to the spa, there is that typical dinky, sheraton fitness center setup: a couple treadmills, free weights, bland sheraton peach and red paint, and a bench.

fortunately the parkway racket club is past a walk thru the best western side. no clue if they're going to convert those to sheraton or just keep it best western under 1 mgmt. the parkway racket club is dated but it's well kempt, clean, and the staff very nice, and most importantly it has a PHENOMENAL weightroom with good machines and everything you need to get swole.

the chinese mall closer to the york side has an interesting foodcourt, a bento/ramen place that looks convincing, yu-sushi that looks good enough in a pinch for takeout, some interesting chinese fastfood places with more menu in han than roman. it also has a beauty salon that was half what the (admittedly, much nicer) spa in the sheraton charged.

i like this property, despite the very mediocre food. i'd try the westin but i'm per-diem'd on rooms right now and i sure as heck do not want to waste money (8? 18? a night) on parking when this very decent option exists. hope they fix the espresso machine in the lounge soon.
I quite like the food in the restaurant.

And jfyi there's a hot tub in the second pool complex.

Cheers,
Old May 25, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Any updates on this property -- esp lounge / Plat breakfast options?
Old May 25, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question what Westin?

Originally Posted by cur
just completed 4 night weekday stay. i came here because someone on ft said this place is overall better than the nearby westin. i'm happy i stayed here. the staff were all great, the property is big and mostly well kempt, i was happy.
I largely agree with your review. But I have to ask - which nearby Westin are you talking about? I assume its the Westin Prince which BTW is 8 miles south - across the 401? If so, I agree (again) the Sheraton Parkway is a much nicer property thatn the Westin Prince - which, by the way, does not offer free overnight parking!
Wembleygal and cur like this.

Last edited by Antonio8069; May 25, 2019 at 3:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Richmond Hill / Sheraton Parkway North Toronto Hotel & Suites / OPEN; 07/19 update

There is an option to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant rather than the arrival amenity, but it is continental only. There is a upcharge of approx. 7 Canadian dollars for the full buffet. Very poorly explained at check-in.

Lounge still open on the weekend. Honour bar for wine and beer.

Really hated this property.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Wake up this OLD thread with couple of questions

1. What are the transportation options to this hotel from YYZ?

2. From online searches, I see one can Uber all the way and may cost a bunch, but how much?

3. Public transportation: Bus #40 to Richmond Hill Centre, then Uber or taxi to hotel? Is the info correct?

4. Is the York Tower room the prime choice in this hotel, any latest updates?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by allset2travel
1. What are the transportation options to this hotel from YYZ?

2. From online searches, I see one can Uber all the way and may cost a bunch, but how much?

3. Public transportation: Bus #40 to Richmond Hill Centre, then Uber or taxi to hotel? Is the info correct?

4. Is the York Tower room the prime choice in this hotel, any latest updates?

Thank you in advance!
I used to live in that area and can confirm that #3 is your most cost effective way to get there. The #40 bus (usually a double decker) runs every 30-60 mins depending on time of day and costs about $7 ($3.50 for seniors). It only makes one stop at the Jane subway station. The bus leaves from the second curb across from door Q on ground floor of T1 and you buy your ticket at a ticket machine across from door R/S. Make sure you choose Richmond Hill Centre as your destination.

There are always cabs waiting there or take an Uber to hotel.
allset2travel and yyzflyer like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I used to live in that area and can confirm that #3 is your most cost effective way to get there. The #40 bus (usually a double decker) runs every 30-60 mins depending on time of day and costs about $7 ($3.50 for seniors). It only makes one stop at the Jane subway station. The bus leaves from the second curb across from door Q on ground floor of T1 and you buy your ticket at a ticket machine across from door R/S. Make sure you choose Richmond Hill Centre as your destination.

There are always cabs waiting there or take an Uber to hotel.
Thank you very much. Very helpful!
margarita girl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.