Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:52 pm

Anyone stay at this hotel recently? I have a stay coming up and curious what to expect. Very few options in Sacramento during my nights so I had few options.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by crimson12
Anyone stay at this hotel recently? I have a stay coming up and curious what to expect. Very few options in Sacramento during my nights so I had few options.
Stayed there 12 months ago as it was close to work, and as you pointed out, there's really not a lot of other decent selection in the area. It's okay - entirely middle of the road Sheraton, okay Club level and lounge, decent restaurant for breakfast, and a small yet functional lobby bar that you'll probably walk past as there are better options nearby (i.e DeVere's or Downtown & Vine). Was upgraded to a suite with quite a nice view, comfy couch, two armchairs and a small yet functional workdesk, and management were quite effusive in their welcome.

Is it somewhere I'd go were I looking for a holiday getaway? No. Is it a good hotel to base myself at for working in Sacramento? Absolutely.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
Just stayed here and enjoyed the property.
I was upgraded to a Bay View Suite on my one night stay.
The self parking lot is across the street and then across the entire hotel to the elevators which I didn't love. The weather was nice so I also can imagine that being much worse of a trek. The place was at capacity during my stay with some big event so the elevators were a disaster. I ended up walking the stairs to the Club Lounge several times on the 26th floor from the 23rd.

The club lounge is pretty small (about the size of my Bay View Suite) but it was functional. Had an okay fruit selection and a decent coffee machine. It was my first time staying here over The Citizen Hotel down the street. I just kind of enjoy that place a little better. It is a Marriott Autograph property so if you stick with the company post merger I would favor the Citizen Hotel over the Sheraton unless the Club Lounge/Upgrade is something you really want in a stay.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:36 am

For sale, may leave Starwood in March

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacrament...he-market.html

The hotel is apparently for sale, and the Starwood contract is up in March, so it may reflag.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by James Luckard
http://www.bizjournals.com/sacrament...he-market.html

The hotel is apparently for sale, and the Starwood contract is up in March, so it may reflag.
Apparently not. Still is Sheraton Grand. Good location, didn't recognize any platinum benefits when I checked in, I asked if there weren't any upgrades available and she said she'd look and gave me a suite (Baywindow Suite, nice view of the parking lot across the street).
As someone mentioned lounge is tiny, has some snacks for dinner that is decent, for breakfast no hot food (nice fruit and juice and baked goods that are cold).
Downstairs is pretty nice, gym is large and seemingly has everything.

As someone said, I do prefer the Citizen. Hyatt is also nicer.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Stayed at this hotel recently. It is a dated hotel and needs a refresh/remodel - big time. Club is pretty small. It was really not worth staying here for the 500 points and stay credit.

Next time I will be back at the Hyatt. Even though the WoH program has been decimated, it is a better property and experience there.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:06 pm

What benefits do they give on weekends, for breakfast, for Marriott plat?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:54 pm

Since nobody answered my question I'll tell you I have not had significant experience with Starwood lounges but this one seemed pretty basic to me. I am used to Marriott and Hyatt which, to me, are a lot nicer... mainly since they are closed on weekends and you usually get a nice meal in a restaurant. This lounge was open weekends but it's just a converted hotel room on the top floor. Breakfast was just fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, and bread products so we ate at the restaurant in the hotel which was excellent. Some granola bars or something the rest of the day in the lounge. So the lounge was nothing special but overall nice property. No problem on late checkout which was great. It's a nice hotel overall and excellent if you are going to a meeting at the capital or the convention center... especially the convention center. It is immediately next door to the convention center. Fair number of homeless people in downtown Sac but no problems that I am aware of.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Recent two-night stay as a PLAT; upgraded to large Suite at check-in, also had a bowl of assorted fruit and sparkling water waiting in my room as a thank-you for staying. Club Lounge offered a basic breakfast (as others have stated), no hot items and cereal/fruit/pastries only. Espresso machine seemed to give some people issues (nbd for me since I just grabbed a coffee at Starbucks next door in the Convention Center. Self-parking was $25/day. Didn't matter for me, but might be of interest to some, there is also Zipcar pick-up/drop-off in the same garage (I saw it used every time I went into the garage). Good hotel for a couple nights' stay in Sacramento, would definitely stay here again, but might look a bit harder for a cheaper option for parking if I'm travelling with a car.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle
Good hotel for a couple nights' stay in Sacramento, would definitely stay here again, but might look a bit harder for a cheaper option for parking if I'm travelling with a car.
We've stayed a couple of times, as well as the Citizen (Autograph Collection down the street) and usually park at the city hall parking garage - it's about a block and a half walk from the Sheraton and $5 overnight on the weekends (which is when we're usually there - not much of a savings during the week) https://www.cityofsacramento.org/Pub...-Garages/Rates
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
Stayed last week. Lounge had an excellent breakfast, including two hot items each morning (eggs/bacon; biscuits/sausage, etc.). The whole hotel is a bit dated, but I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. I hit Plat since the last time I was there and they had to update their system to reflect my status, so make sure you confirm your status at check in.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by boulderlaw
Stayed last week. Lounge had an excellent breakfast, including two hot items each morning (eggs/bacon; biscuits/sausage, etc.). The whole hotel is a bit dated, but I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. I hit Plat since the last time I was there and they had to update their system to reflect my status, so make sure you confirm your status at check in.
Thanks for the update, have a stay upcoming.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:04 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Stayed here last weekend with an upgrade to a Bay View Suite which was a pleasant surprise, though part of the room decor did feel a bit dated. Seems like things are getting upgraded though, they were in the middle of upgrading door locks from magnetic strips to RFID readers (in fact I had to swap out my keys during the stay because they did the floor I was staying on).

The lounge has now been moved to a room on the 2nd floor. I never stayed there before, but based on people's reports, the new lounge is probably larger. In the mornings they had hot eggs, a protein, a starch, and oatmeal, as well as cold options. In the evenings they had 2 hot appetizers, as well as crackers, and cheese. There's also a coffee/espresso machine, fridges with sodas and waters, and other assorted pre-packaged snacks. Lounge looks like its open 7 days a week for breakfast and evening appetizers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.