Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
Polanco Station is at the far southeast edge of Polanco. It's a 30 min walk to get to/from the Soumaya for example. I just don't find navigating that area very easy when it comes to access to the rest of the city.
That's the downside of public transport: you usually have to walk a little!

I guess it depends where you stay. I'm usually at the Intercontinental in Polanco. Auditorio metro is a 5 minute walk: Polanco 15 minutes.
Tanic likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:34 am

Hi friends,

I am visiting Mexico City for 2-3 days and want to stay in a safe location for a tourist. I will be flying in and out of the Mexico City international airport.

I have Platinum status with Bonvoy and finding rates for about $150 (U.S) a night at the Four Points by Sheraton, Mexico City Colonia Roma.

Is this generally a safe neighborhood with touristy things to do close by?

Thank you
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by flyer2001
Hi friends,

I am visiting Mexico City for 2-3 days and want to stay in a safe location for a tourist. I will be flying in and out of the Mexico City international airport.

I have Platinum status with Bonvoy and finding rates for about $150 (U.S) a night at the Four Points by Sheraton, Mexico City Colonia Roma.

Is this generally a safe neighborhood with touristy things to do close by?

Thank you
I live in Mexico City. Roma is as safe as any neighborhood in the United States or elsewhere. No matter where you stay in Mexico City, there will be lots of walking involved or the use of Uber, metro or buses . As, many places are spread out. But, in 2-3 days you can see the top places. Definitely go to the Historical Center.
flyer2001 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I live in Mexico City. Roma is as safe as any neighborhood in the United States or elsewhere. No matter where you stay in Mexico City, there will be lots of walking involved or the use of Uber, metro or buses . As, many places are spread out. But, in 2-3 days you can see the top places. Definitely go to the Historical Center.
Thank you. Is the Roma area more of a touristy area, or a residential neighborhood? I prefer to be in more of a touristy area, as I presume it is better equipped to 'see do more in less time'.

Does anyone have a good link to a map showing the major neighborhoods of Mexico City, e.g. Reforma, Roma, etc.

Last edited by flyer2001; Oct 15, 2019 at 10:32 am Reason: Additional
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Thank you. Is the Roma area more of a touristy area, or a residential neighborhood? I prefer to be in more of a touristy area, as I presume it is better equipped to 'see do more in less time'.
Roma is more of a neighborhood chill-out area. If you want touristy then stay either closer to Chapultepec Park, La Reforma/Condesa or Historical. When I want to be where the action is I book a hotel 2 streets from the Zocalo. And walk everywhere.

It depends on what kind of touristy stuff you're looking for in 3 days. For just 3 days I would stay in the Centro or Reforma. Longer, maybe Roma and walk everywhere. For longer than that Coyoacan, and take the metro everywhere. I live in Coyoacan, basically across the street from Frida Kahlo's house. Best place in town
flyer2001 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Roma is definitely nice. The Le Meridien is definitely safe and the neighborhood around it is easily walkable (e.g. the Revolution Monument). The hotel has no lounge though.

-RM
flyer2001 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:01 am

.....one more thing. If possible, on your first full day take the Hop On/Off bus and see the majority of all tourists sites without walking and then the next day pick the ones you you want to explore more. It's very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.
flyer2001 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:47 am

Thank you Global Adventurer RobOnLI

I have booked at the four points in roma but will see if there are other marriott/spg options available at an affordable price
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:49 am

No matter where you book, you will enjoy Mexico City.
dcsnowwake likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:01 pm

DELETED - duplicate post.

Last edited by lamphs; Nov 2, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:26 am

4pts

Thank you Global Adventurer RobOnLI

I have booked at the four points in roma but will see if there are other marriott/spg options available at an affordable price
Stay report / impressions? Platinum recognition? Quality / ambience of breakfast?

Considering it for an eat-my-way-through trip in April.

TIA
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Mexico City Airport before? I'm looking at a flight that will have a long layover in Mexico City. I think it arrives late in the evening and departs in the afternoon in the following day. I don't know what time the Mexico City metro runs until so maybe it would be best to spend the night at the airport, leave my luggage there, check-out in the morning to head out to the city to explore for a little bit before heading back to the airport to fly out?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Mexico City Airport before? I'm looking at a flight that will have a long layover in Mexico City. I think it arrives late in the evening and departs in the afternoon in the following day. I don't know what time the Mexico City metro runs until so maybe it would be best to spend the night at the airport, leave my luggage there, check-out in the morning to head out to the city to explore for a little bit before heading back to the airport to fly out?
Yes. This past December for one night - arrived from the city because of an early AM flight from T1. Nothing out of the ordinary for a Platinum. Relatively new property. Standard room. Well-secured and it was suggested that I didn't wander outside. Enclosed walkway from property to T1. Very easy.

Not sure what to tell you re: subway. Local folks told me that I should avoid subway. Uber was inexpensive and dependable, but traffic is horrible - seemingly all day, everyday.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by lsquare
Metro and Metrobus run until 24:00. The CY AICM is in T1. If your flight arrives at T2 it is a bit of a hike to get to T1.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Anyone done Condesa DF, A member of design hotels? I'm thinking it's newly added to the Bonvoy Portfolio because I don't see any commentary on it here?

I've read through this whole thread, and it seems to be ideally located to hit many of the neighborhoods/spots listed in this thread (I'm probably one of the people who wouldn't want to be right in Polanco, but to go and check it out, based on what I've read here). But can't find much on the property itself. For the dates I am looking at, 3 nights, its 30k points/night, or $250USD.

I probably wouldn't go STR or W based on comments here, nothing really negative, just based on my I interpret fitting my tastes. If wanted to go lux, I'd probably do Las Alcobas, and if budget, Four Points, only 16k points/night (but seemingly quite a good location). Condesa seems to be a happy medium I'm looking for, in cost, location, and cool niche hotel, so long as the property itself is solid. Design Hotel, so typically not as good elite benefits. I'm Titanium. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.