Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
HOTEL DEFLAGGED. No Marriott Bonvoy benefits.

Club Lounge Hours

(As of Sept 2017)

Breakfast
Everyday: 7 AM - 11 AM

Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
Monday - Friday: 12:30 PM - 11 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 3 PM - 9 PM

Wine by the glass and hors d'oeuvres
Everyday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I have reservations at both Libertador and Park Tower for Cow Do, although my reservation at Park Tower is a lot higher. I'll see what I can find out, and whether I can transfer the Libertador rate to Park Tower.

I was one of the ones who stayed at the Plaza after it was no longer a Marriott and before they closed for renovations. They gave me all of the Marriott Platinum benefits except not the points, of course.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I contacted bonvOY reservations and they confirmed that the Sheraton Libertador is no longer affiliated with Marriott as of 1 May 2019. Interestingly it is keeping the same Sheraton name. They would honor my points reservation but there will be no elite Titanic recognition, so no lounge and no breakfast.

I asked the bonvOY rep for an equivalent reservation at one of the other properties but Marriott would not honor the same point level.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by Tanic

I asked the bonvOY rep for an equivalent reservation at one of the other properties but Marriott would not honor the same point level.
I called to see if the Sheraton Park Tower would honor the same paid rate that I had at the Libertador, but they said No.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I called to see if the Sheraton Park Tower would honor the same paid rate that I had at the Libertador, but they said No.
Is the Park Tower being deflagged, as well? Isn't it basically in the same building as the Sheraton? I have a 7-day reservacion there this month and would prefer that those nights go to my Marriott balance.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:03 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by zpaul
Is the Park Tower being deflagged, as well? Isn't it basically in the same building as the Sheraton? I have a 7-day reservacion there this month and would prefer that those nights go to my Marriott balance.
<br /><br />The Sheraton being deflagged is the Sheraton Libertador. The Sheraton in the same building as the Park Tower is the Sheraton Buenos Aires/Sheraton Retiro, different hotel. Presumably Sheraton Retiro + Park Tower are remaining as-is for now, at least unless we hear otherwise.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zpaul
This thread is about a different Sheraton, which is a stand alone hotel in the old central business district of BsAs.

The Sheraton that's co=located with the Park Tower (legacy SPG LC) is called something like Sheraton Convention Center and is in an entirely different neighborhood. It's newer and generally looks nicer than the Sheraton Libertador.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This thread is about a different Sheraton, which is a stand alone hotel in the old central business district of BsAs.

The Sheraton that's co=located with the Park Tower (legacy SPG LC) is called something like Sheraton Convention Center and is in an entirely different neighborhood. It's newer and generally looks nicer than the Sheraton Libertador.
My apologies! Thanks for the clarification.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
If anyone still has a reservation here, I would check it carefully. I noticed my reservation had moved to the cancelled page over the weekend (not cancelled by me), and now it is completely purged from the system. Marriott had no record of it. Maybe I'll get the points back?

Reservations are blocked on OTAs also.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Tanic
If anyone still has a reservation here, I would check it carefully. I noticed my reservation had moved to the cancelled page over the weekend (not cancelled by me), and now it is completely purged from the system. Marriott had no record of it. Maybe I'll get the points back?

Reservations are blocked on OTAs also.
Usually when a hotel is deflagged, you still keep a reservation (and don't get your status benefits). But apparently not this time. The place is operating, without the Sheraton sign. Apparently, without any sign, as the Hotel Libertador.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I got Bonvoyed and by luck i checked my reservation and found it gone from Marriott site. I had to spend some time with 3 reps(first 2 were useless) and got new reservation at Sheraton Convention Center with updated prices(did the reservation back in January 2019).
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Ouch. Any updates? Sometimes the LC Park Tower isn't or isn't much more expensive than the Sheraton Convention Center at Park Tower. Still, Libertador could be a good value and was obviously in a different location.

Can you stay with Libertador and get elite benefits as a courtesy (like your favorite old Marriott did) or did they just cancel your reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.