Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
HOTEL DEFLAGGED. No Marriott Bonvoy benefits.

Club Lounge Hours

(As of Sept 2017)

Breakfast
Everyday: 7 AM - 11 AM

Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
Monday - Friday: 12:30 PM - 11 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 3 PM - 9 PM

Wine by the glass and hors d'oeuvres
Everyday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by opushomes
..Can you cut through the c**p and fix this?...
Usually. But not without an SPG account number or reservation confirmation numbers to reference. When I look up "homes, opus" in the database, it returns no results.

If you want my help, think about contacting me offline using email. Then, if the crap continues, feel free to come back and embarrass both me and the Sheraton Libertador.

Warning ahead of time...folios may be required of you in order to fix this.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:34 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
You have e-mail. SPG @, dates, folio #, factura # and amounts in pesos.

Thanks for the instaneous reply, were you sitting there waiting for my message??
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:36 pm

You have e-mail. SPG @, dates, folio #, factura # and amounts in pesos.

Thanks for the instaneous reply, were you sitting there waiting for my message??
LOL. No, you just caught me before I left for dinner.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:27 pm

You have e-mail. SPG @, dates, folio #, factura # and amounts in pesos...
Hmmm. This email has not yet arrived and I'm now out of the office until Monday. Are you sure it was sent to [email protected]?

If so, you may want to re-send just in case and I'll check on Monday to see if it's there.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 2, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

Warning ahead of time...folios may be required of you in order to fix this.

This sort of thing strikes me as very strange. Aren't the folios created by the hotels using the Starwood system in the first place? Doesn't Starwood have electronic access to the folios of its hotels?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
This sort of thing strikes me as very strange. Aren't the folios created by the hotels using the Starwood system in the first place? Doesn't Starwood have electronic access to the folios of its hotels?
No, there is no central database that collects every folio created for every hotel guest at every Starwood hotel in the world. They are kept by the individual properties and guests are usually better able to provide these in a more timely manner than we can actually get them.

So, it just depends on how long you want to wait before it gets sorted out. And you'll have to trust my personal experience on this one: If you can fax me (or Program Services) a folio directly, it is going to take a lot less time than me calling the hotel and asking them to get it to me. In fact, some hotels refuse to send them to me (or Program Services) because it could potentially open them up to liability concerns based on personal information being passed along to a third party. That's just the day and age we live in these days.

Long story short...just fax the documentation when and where it is requested and leave the hotel out of the process and we'll both be a lot happier.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

No, there is no central database that collects every folio created for every hotel guest at every Starwood hotel in the world. They are kept by the individual properties and guests are usually better able to provide these in a more timely manner than we can actually get them.

I had hoped that some day it would be possible to go on-line and get a copy of a folio. Is this just a dream? Are other hotel groups able to offer this service?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:37 pm

I had hoped that some day it would be possible to go on-line and get a copy of a folio. Is this just a dream? Are other hotel groups able to offer this service?
It may be possible in the future. If you want it now, it is a dream. I have no idea what other hotel groups are able to do in regard to this.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hilton provides this.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Hilton provides this.
And they have far more hotels to keep track of!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Thank you Lurker for the quick action. Today, I opened my e-mail while in Florida and had received a rather terse (read between the lines-irritated) response from Natalia that the problem was my messed up SPG account and that SPG was working on it. As you know, it was fixed prior to her e-mail.

There still exists one additional problem which I believe can only be fixed by Amex. The Sheraton Salta does not bill as the Sheraton Salta, but rather as some other company so I did not get extra points for the spend there. If I'm wrong please let me know. BTW, I know the simple solution is for someone at SPG to just post the points. The time value far exceeds the cost of resolving the issue by just crediting the points. I mean yours, Starwoods, the Hotels and Amex's and, oh yes, mine. It is less than 1k points.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:00 pm

...There still exists one additional problem which I believe can only be fixed by Amex. The Sheraton Salta does not bill as the Sheraton Salta, but rather as some other company so I did not get extra points for the spend there. If I'm wrong please let me know. BTW, I know the simple solution is for someone at SPG to just post the points. The time value far exceeds the cost of resolving the issue by just crediting the points. I mean yours, Starwoods, the Hotels and Amex's and, oh yes, mine. It is less than 1k points.
I could agree that it would be better served by just crediting the points manually, except for the fact that this affects a lot of other members as well. So, we need to alert AMEX to fix it so they show up as an SPG-participating property going forward, for everyone elses' sake.

In the meantime, send me an email with how many points you were expecting and I'll see about having them manually added so we have a quick fix this time around just for you.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:08 pm

Back from Florida today. YGM which includes not only the Sheraton Salta, a really good hotel and the Patios de Cafayete (A "Luxury Collections" hotel). Quotes have been added since in the slow period, this hotel has some serious issues calling itself a luxury collection. That said it is a perfectly acceptable country hotel, but definitely not worth IMHO the price paid.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Question Sheraton Libertador - Merged Threads

Does anyone know if SPG50 can be used at the Sheraton Libertador in Buenos Aires? I have one I received at the London Mega DO and it would be particularly useful if I could use it for the upcoming Cow DO.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 12:09 pm

Tazi,

Just plug in the "SPG50" in the reservations request space and, if it is available, the appropriate rate will show up. I attempted to use a 50 at the Libertador last month and discovered I could get cheaper rates without it.

You might want to read this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=libertador

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.