Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

SPG member benefits provided in August 2017 by member Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

SPG member discount at Hotel’s venues:
  • 15% discount on Food bill (lunch & dinner only, not breakfast) at Saigon Café Buffet Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill at Level 23 Signature Restaurant and Li Bai Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill, from 10AM to 11PM at Mojo on Dong Khoi and The Lounge
  • 15% discount on Food and 15% discount on non alcoholic Beverage at Level 23 Nightspot and Wine Bar.
  • 20% discount all Spa service.

Club Lounge Benefits:
  • Private and personalized registration and check out in the Lounge
  • Buffet breakfast served from 6.30am until 10.00am in the Lounge.
  • Happy Hours drinks and hors d’oeuvres each evening from 5.00pm to 7.30pm
  • One hour complimentary use of the Club Lounge meeting room (subject to availability)
  • Wireless and Broadband Internet connection and workstations at the Club Lounge
  • Facsimile and photocopying services available
  • Light pressing of three garments per stay upon arrival
  • 24 hour Butler service and Concierge services available
  • Choice of international newspapers in the lounge
  • Sheraton Fitness Gym featuring latest Techno gym equipment for selected workout stations
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have gotten suites in the regular hotel in the past.

The grand tower is like Sheraton HK Towers. Run as a separate hotel of sorts so you aren’t eligible to upgrades. Remember that only recently did they join the lounges. There used to be separate lounges.
I was there ?a year ago and remember it as pretty nice - don't remember if the lounges were joined - BUT I do remember being able to look out my window (of what I don't remember as a suite) to see and hear the street being torn up and heavy equipment all night and then miraculously the next morning there were steel plates so traffic could move as usual. Not the hotels fault but made for a pretty sleepless stay.
I must admit I don't "get" the idea of one hotel being two 'different" ones - but hey I don't own it

They are going up in category and I was also trying to check how the merger has/has not changed their policies
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:19 am
Company Representative: Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers

Location: 88 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Originally Posted by estnet
Okay here is the post that I put in the wrong thread - asked for moderator to move it but so far no.....so (edit I found out that to ask a mod to move u have to report as bad post as the mods don't read every post - so my fault for not doing it right)
Because I read on tripadvisor that a plat was told no ug to suite even when suites were available I wrote and asked their benefits for plat

1st reply - basically told to go to https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits.mi

2 wrote back and said I was familiar with the rules but had read report that plat was denied ug to suite when available and this is why I was asking

3 received reply
"We are sorry for misunderstanding, for your information you can contact to our Customer Center as below email they can assist to check the issue and assist you further for your request about upgrade to suite.
[email protected] ([email protected]) "

By contrast when I made the same request to 2 other hotels they replied with the usual list of what they provide

So either there is a SERIOUS language issue or the hotel is simply dodging - in any case I won't bother to stay there!
I've often made this request to clarify what the hotel is offering and have never received such an incompetent response - to me this indicates that the hotel doesn't value guests enough to even assign someone who is aware of their own policies to answer a guests question.
Dear estnet,

We appreciate you for sharing with us your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was somewhat less than perfect, please accept our sincere apologies.

It is unfortunate to hear that our staff’s communication was confusing and that we couldn't assist you at our best. We have passed your case to our Senior Management Team immediately to address this accordingly. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and our Director of Room will assist further.

Please be assured, we have taken all of your comments to heart and will follow through to ensure we take opportunity to improve and change where we can.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by potm

I stayed there as a platinum premier member recently and was denied an upgrade to any room in the renovated grand tower, let alone a suite. There was plenty of availability too. I was offerred an upgrade for an extra small fee a night though which annoyed me even more.

They acknowledged the best available toom policy but said it didn’t include the grand tower rooms, which is half the hotel. There was no language barrier either, I was speaking Vietnamese.

The hotel does have the best lounge offering and is in the best location of the 3 Marriott hotels in SGN though.
Dear potm,

I am sorry to hear that as a Platinum Premier member you don’t like to be upsold. The rooms in the Grand Tower are not part of the SPG upgrades for Platinum members unless a room in the grand tower is booked and there is room available for upgrade. Also, be informed that recently we welcomed numerous Platinum members so that we may have ran out of room vacancy for upgrade during your recent visit.

Please accept our sincere apologies if our associates were not able to explain this clearly or acted less then professional.

We do hope to welcome you back soon again to enjoy our hospitality.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have gotten suites in the regular hotel in the past.

The grand tower is like Sheraton HK Towers. Run as a separate hotel of sorts so you aren’t eligible to upgrades. Remember that only recently did they join the lounges. There used to be separate lounges.
Dear yosithezet,

Thanks for your loyalty and sharing with us your experience. We have always tried to do our best to upgrade your room base on availability at check in. However, please be informed that our policy has remained unchanged regardless the join of our two Club Lounges. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you wish to speak further.

We hope for the chance to be able to welcome you back in the future. Until then we wish you safe travels where ever you may go.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers
Dear estnet,

We appreciate you for sharing with us your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was somewhat less than perfect, please accept our sincere apologies.

It is unfortunate to hear that our staff’s communication was confusing and that we couldn't assist you at our best. We have passed your case to our Senior Management Team immediately to address this accordingly. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and our Director of Room will assist further.

Please be assured, we have taken all of your comments to heart and will follow through to ensure we take opportunity to improve and change where we can.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Thank you for your response - I have done as you suggested and I hope for a clear response.
I do have fond memories of my previous stays (and believe I met and spoke with you a few times) and was quite surprised at this unfortunate degrading of customer service. Perhaps it is a one off?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by potm

I stayed there as a platinum premier member recently and was denied an upgrade to any room in the renovated grand tower, let alone a suite. There was plenty of availability too. I was offerred an upgrade for an extra small fee a night though which annoyed me even more.

They acknowledged the best available toom policy but said it didn’t include the grand tower rooms, which is half the hotel. There was no language barrier either, I was speaking Vietnamese.

The hotel does have the best lounge offering and is in the best location of the 3 Marriott hotels in SGN though.
So on an award stay would this property not be worth it if you are plat?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:39 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Red259
So on an award stay would this property not be worth it if you are plat?
I think it is well worth it. The lounge and location can't be beat. I've been upgraded to suites in the standard part of the building many times. Even without a suite I think it is a very worthwhile property when compared with the other options.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:01 pm

The room I booked give me options to have breakfast in Saigon Café restaurant or at the lounge. Which one is better? Thanks,
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Dear potm,

I am sorry to hear that as a Platinum Premier member you don’t like to be upsold. The rooms in the Grand Tower are not part of the SPG upgrades for Platinum members unless a room in the grand tower is booked and there is room available for upgrade. Also, be informed that recently we welcomed numerous Platinum members so that we may have ran out of room vacancy for upgrade during your recent visit.

Please accept our sincere apologies if our associates were not able to explain this clearly or acted less then professional.

We do hope to welcome you back soon again to enjoy our hospitality.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Scott, please explain how this apparent practice is compliant with the Marriott Rewards T&Cs. Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Scott, please explain how this apparent practice is compliant with the Marriott Rewards T&Cs. Thanks.
Better to just vote with your feet and choose Renaissance or Le Méridien (that’s what I did) rather than accept these dubious practices.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by VVN5
The room I booked give me options to have breakfast in Saigon Café restaurant or at the lounge. Which one is better? Thanks,
Saigon Cafe, IMO
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Dear Isochronous,

The 485 rooms at Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers are split into two Towers, being the Main Tower and Grand Tower. We do not only offer one of the most varieties of rooms in all sizes in town, but also two exclusive and different products. Grand Tower is situated in a unique and private section of the hotel complex consisting of only 118 spacious studios and suites, 6 rooms per floor.
Enhanced Room Upgrades for Platinum Elite Members are subject to availability and are identified by each participating property as per Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions. Both Towers are treated as separate products and therefore, Platinum Elite Members and above will receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability within the same Tower according to their original booking.
We hope this explanation was helpful and please contact us directly at [email protected] for any further assistance. We would be pleased to assist you with bookings, arrangements or any other inquiries.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
estnet likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Lounge access w/kids

We have indeed recently implemented a Child policy – which is that children aged 11 and below are allowed in the Club Lounge from 9am to 5pm. As an alternative (for breakfast and/or evening cocktails), we offer our guests to dine either at our pool side or our All day dining, Saigon Café (from 6 am to 9 am and from 6 pm to 8 pm for our guests with club access that are travelling with children below 12 years of age.
Is this still the case?! Where can I find it on the hotel website? I have travelled the world with my kids as an SPG Platinum and *never* before encountered such a policy. I certainly was not advised of it when I booked multiple rooms (all with Club access) for my family vacation this summer, and indicated clearly there were children in (one of) the room(s).

Are the drinks and appetizers complimentary in the Saigon Cafe in the evening for guests denied access to the lounge because they are traveling with kids?!?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Erasmus
Is this still the case?! Where can I find it on the hotel website? I have travelled the world with my kids as an SPG Platinum and *never* before encountered such a policy. I certainly was not advised of it when I booked multiple rooms (all with Club access) for my family vacation this summer, and indicated clearly there were children in (one of) the room(s).

Are the drinks and appetizers complimentary in the Saigon Cafe in the evening for guests denied access to the lounge because they are traveling with kids?!?

Dear Erasmus,

What a pleasure reading your comments. We constantly looking at ways to become better by listening to our Sheraton Club Lounge - regular Elite members. We enjoy offering our guests a sophisticated yet relaxed outdoor venue combined with chargeable appetizers and delicious drinks.

I would be very grateful to further discuss your feedback as it will allow us to offer you a better experience during an upcoming stay with us. I hope that we can connect as your comments are very much valued.

Please contact us directly at +84 2838 2727 or [email protected]. We would be pleased to assist you with bookings, arrangements or any other inquiries.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Dear Erasmus,

What a pleasure reading your comments. We constantly looking at ways to become better by listening to our Sheraton Club Lounge - regular Elite members. We enjoy offering our guests a sophisticated yet relaxed outdoor venue combined with chargeable appetizers and delicious drinks.

I would be very grateful to further discuss your feedback as it will allow us to offer you a better experience during an upcoming stay with us. I hope that we can connect as your comments are very much valued.

Please contact us directly at +84 2838 2727 or [email protected]. We would be pleased to assist you with bookings, arrangements or any other inquiries.

With warm regards,
Scott Hodgetts
General Manager
Thank you for your post, and you are welcome to PM me if you really do want to discuss further. Just to close the loop for others reading the thread in the future, I reached out to the reservation team who confirmed the kids policy, and indicated that while we could have breakfast in the Saigon Cafe, the evening option was a "choice of snacks" poolside. Setting aside the fact that poolside is far from stress free when little kids are involved, as a party of six, the value of evening cocktails over a three-night stay is not insubstantial. If we're not going to have lounge access (which seems to be the case at all the SPG/Marriott properties in Saigon) and need to pay for our evening cocktails, we'll choose on property quality vs. (unavailable) benefits. FWIW we booked at the Park Hyatt instead.
dgreen12 and CO-PLAT like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.