Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Washington, DC, area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Washington, DC, area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Marriott suites - no lounge but breakfast - a bit further away from IAD.
The Suites breakfast is a nice buffet with an omelet chef.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by travelpro88
I'm traveling to DC next week (in on the 15th of Nov. for 2 nights) and need some suggestions to get a decent price on a hotel downtown DC (not in the burbs). Most of the prices I was finding were $300-400+. If anyone has a tip on getting a great rate at a nice property, please let me know.
I know this post is old but I had the same question and could not find an answer on FT. I ended up booking the Marriott Courtyard on 20th and E street (address is 515 20th). What a find. You can walk to all of the sight on the Mall, there are great restaurants nearby, the hotel is quiet, and the front desk service is phenomenal. After trying about 7 different hotels in downtown DC this is the one I will stay at from here on out. The hotel was built in 2012 so still is in great shape. The only downside is that there is a hefty fee to park a car and the subway is a few blocks away, but heck, take a cab to and from if you need to.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Going to DC in September for 3 nights on business. Consider the Courtyard Washington Embassy Row and Courtyard Washington DC/Foggy Bottom. Both are close to where I need to be and about the same price. Any comments for either one?

The Mayflower is available in the middle night on my corporate rate, it is even cheaper than the Courtyard. but shy away as too much trouble to check in and out 3 times.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Going to DC in September for 3 nights on business. Consider the Courtyard Washington Embassy Row and Courtyard Washington DC/Foggy Bottom. Both are close to where I need to be and about the same price. Any comments for either one?

The Mayflower is available in the middle night on my corporate rate, it is even cheaper than the Courtyard. but shy away as too much trouble to check in and out 3 times.
See my previous post, which recommends Foggy Bottom.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I know this post is old but I had the same question and could not find an answer on FT. I ended up booking the Marriott Courtyard on 20th and E street (address is 515 20th).
20th and E Streets NW? Isn't that GWU student housing? ...No, wait, that's 19th and E. (My wife lived in Mitchell Hall when we were dating.)

The location is beautifully walkable for a variety of tourist destinations. It's also surprisingly drivable to/from northern Virginia, if you a) understand how to use the E Street Expressway in combination with I-66 and US-50, and b) can stomach the expensive parking garages or are willing to take the risks of parking on-street.

And yes, as you pointed out, the real minus of the location in terms of transit convenience is that it's 7 blocks to the nearest Orange/Blue Line station and 9 blocks to Red. I always hated those long slogs when my then-GF and I wanted to take the Metro somewhere.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
See my previous post, which recommends Foggy Bottom.
Didn't associate the address and the name of the property until you pointed out. Thanks economyplusfan.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:35 am

How is the elite treatment at Marriott Georgetown? Couldnt find too much info about this hotel in this thread. I usually stay at the Westin Georgetown nearby, but the rates are too high for my dates in April. Thought I would lock in at least a "Larger" guestroom using points, since we really need a super quiet room aften our flight from Europe.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by heakja
How is the elite treatment at Marriott Georgetown? Couldnt find too much info about this hotel in this thread. I usually stay at the Westin Georgetown nearby, but the rates are too high for my dates in April. Thought I would lock in at least a "Larger" guestroom using points, since we really need a super quiet room aften our flight from Europe.
Check if they've finished the remodel by then. The treatment has been good and I was upgraded on my last stay. However the concierge lounge is temporarily in a conference room on the 3rd floor and that's on a separate elevator bank. The gym is also closed so you have to go to the Fairmont where they have an agreement. It may be super quiet at night but not sure when they're starting construction as I clear out early on business trips.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could also transfer points from SPG to use at ritz georgetown?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:51 pm

Thanks for the input. I see that the reviews at TA for the Georgetown Marriott are fairly bad. I will monitor the rates in the area and see of something else gets tempting.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Saw this in an email:

"Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott® Washington DC Navy Yard from November 2016 thru February 2017 and receive an additional 2,500 Marriott Rewards® Points per stay! Promotion code: M11"
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
The Marriott Georgetown will open their M Club next Tuesday 12/13/16 and Bill Marriott will be visiting tomorrow, 12/6/16, for a walk-through of the new renovations and up-scaling of this much needed updating hotel.

The M Club will be on the ground level around the corner from the front desk.

Fitness Center is also open again.

Hotel restaurant still under re-model but almost done.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:16 pm

New hotel opening February 2017.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ill-navy-yard/

Category 7.

'Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is located in the Capitol Riverfront, DC’s fastest growing new neighborhood on the river, one of the largest riverfront redevelopment districts in the United States.'
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel vs Embassy Suites Convention Center?

I stayed at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. The mattress quality is quite good. They also have smoked salmon in the lounge. However, no newspapers(!) and no shower gel(!).

Last edited by anabolism; Jan 26, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:30 am

http://news.marriott.com/2017/02/was...-hughes-suite/

"Washington Marriott Wardman Park Along With Busboys and Poets Celebrate, the Great American Poet, Langston Hughes with The Weary Blues and Dedication of New Langston Hughes Suite

he Washington Marriott Wardman Park has been host to many important moments in American history. In 1954, Thurgood Marshall and his colleagues stayed at the Wardman Park Hotel in unincorporated Washington, DC when he prepared and tried Brown vs. Board of Education in the Supreme Court. Langton Hughes, famous African-American Poet and Thurgood Marshall’s college friend, worked as a busboy at the Wardman Park Hotel, when he was discovered in 1925. He encountered American poet Vachel Lindsay and shared his poems. Impressed, Lindsay publicized his discovery of a new “busboy poet.”

On Langston Hughes’ birthday, February 1, Washington Marriott Wardman Park, in partnership with renowned community restaurant group and cultural hub Busboys and Poets, celebrated the great American poet with an evening of jazz and poetry and a performance of The Weary Blues, Langston Hughes’ most influential poem.

The evening kicked off with Mr. Walsh and Mr. Shallal, with the dedication of the new Langston Hughes Suite located in the historic Wardman Tower (Sharon's note & then other activities, entertainment, etc, in the link).

In addition, the "Langston Hughes Suite Experience package" was revealed at the event which was designed with the Langston Hughes enthusiast in mind complete with a weekend stay in the Langston Hughes Suite, Langston Hughes’ first book, “The Weary Blues,” his and her fedoras provided by the bespoke hat maker Goorin Bros, a bottle of champagne and, in honor of Langston Hughes’ birthday 2/1, two $21 gift certificates to Busboys and Poets. The package excludes all tax, gratuity and can be booked by visiting www.wardmanparkmarriott.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.