Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hello,
If anyone is able to provide a referral for this property, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Ashley
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:25 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
you have a private message
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:29 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Originally Posted by JoJo12
I am here now and attended the presentation today. QSilver - think a modest hotel room plus the kitchenette and larger bathroom than a hotel. I got 5k points with the package plus another 7k for attending the modest pressure presentation.

Seahawkflyer - the cost was $2794 for a week in a studio plus 50k points after the stay. Good for a stay within 2 years. With the Marriot purchase of SPG, I would return and get the points sooner rather than later. Must attend the presentation during the return stay. With a little prompting they checked dates for me before we bought this. First available date was early August. No resort fee or taxes on top. $10 a day parking.

I have no ownership of any timeshare but they were claiming that you could trade your ownership week through SPG w/o having to contact Interval. I would love to hear validation of that from current owners. I may be tempted to buy when we return in August for the week if I hear that exchanges are easy and available.

FWIW The sales staff was pretty adamant that the 2 programs would remain separate.
you have a private message
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I got this offer, and am looking to book my parents in my place. (My travel is already booked solid after the devaluAAtion.)

The terms state "only the person whose name appears on the front of this invitation may redeem this offer. Offer is not transferable. Your name will be verified with the guest roster..."

What's with all the people trying to get referrals? Maybe they'll let it slide if your last name is the same. But trying to redeem an offer sent to a completely different name - that sounds risky.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: HGP: Diamond, SPG:Gold, HH:Gold, AA: Plt, Copa: Plt
I'm hoping someone could offer a referral to this property. Thank you!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by eethan
I got this offer, and am looking to book my parents in my place. (My travel is already booked solid after the devaluAAtion.)

The terms state "only the person whose name appears on the front of this invitation may redeem this offer. Offer is not transferable. Your name will be verified with the guest roster..."

What's with all the people trying to get referrals? Maybe they'll let it slide if your last name is the same. But trying to redeem an offer sent to a completely different name - that sounds risky.
Um, I could be wrong but when folks around here receive a referral, it's coming with the proper name on it. They aren't just handing over their paperwork. @:-)

Again, maybe I'm mistaken but the names on these matter - it's an opportunity to sell a product to a specific person with a specific level of income/credit. I'd never risk sending my dad to one of these under my name. But, ymmv.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Um, I could be wrong but when folks around here receive a referral, it's coming with the proper name on it. They aren't just handing over their paperwork. @:-)

Again, maybe I'm mistaken but the names on these matter - it's an opportunity to sell a product to a specific person with a specific level of income/credit. I'd never risk sending my dad to one of these under my name. But, ymmv.
An owner-referral is certainly an opportunity to sell a product but Starwood does not know the specific level of income/credit associated with the referred name. One does not need to provide a Social Security number or income amount in order to receive an owner-referral.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:53 am

wanted to take the opportunity to again thank controller1 for my past referral. will be arriving 4/30!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by controller1
An owner-referral is certainly an opportunity to sell a product but Starwood does not know the specific level of income/credit associated with the referred name. One does not need to provide a Social Security number or income amount in order to receive an owner-referral.
Thanks for the clarification. ^ It's appreciated by those of us still learning how such things work.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:58 am

Hello - Thanks to controller1, I did get an invitation from the Kaanapali resort but I was originally interested in the Princeville resort. Since I am going with a 2 year old toddler, has anyone who has been to both princeville and Kaanapali advice which resort is better to visit with a 2 year old ?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:46 am

Referral Request Please!

Hi everyone, if anyone is able to provide a referral for this property I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Abhinavt
Hello - Thanks to controller1, I did get an invitation from the Kaanapali resort but I was originally interested in the Princeville resort. Since I am going with a 2 year old toddler, has anyone who has been to both princeville and Kaanapali advice which resort is better to visit with a 2 year old ?
I would strongly recommend Maui with a toddler (you can refer to my post a few years back on the St Regis Princeville thread). Princeville is not a child- friendly location. If all you intend to do all week is sit in the kids' pool, you may be fine, but the area has only golf for entertainment and is a bit of a drive in heavy traffic to the south side of Kauai. Restaurants here are extremely limited whereas the Maui property has many dining choices more appropriate for young kids very close by plus an aquarium about 20-30 minutes away that would make for a nice afternoon away from the resort.

FWIW, I wouldn't take my 25 year old to Princeville. YMMV depending on you and your child's dining preferences and activity level. Maui is super for families!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:16 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Moderators, could we please have a separate thread for referral requests.

It's really annoying that almost every new post on this thread is someone requesting a referral. It makes the thread unfit for purpose. I don't object to people requesting referrals, but can it please have its own thread?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:03 am

I agree with above poster - I came here looking for some recent experiences at this property and it's full of referrals.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by ladyjaneMN
II came here looking for some recent experiences at this property and it's full of referrals.
I'll be there in June, staying in a 2 bdrm OF room original or South property ^. I was an owner for many years. Do you have a specific question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.