Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
Branding/Name changed from Courtyard to Sheraton Kaua'i Coconut Beach Resort on 9 October 2019.

Property is Cat 6 as of 3/3/21.

Resort fee: USD$36.79 incl tax per accommodation, per night (effective 9 Oct 2019)
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):

*Beach loungers
* Fitness/yoga classes
* Sporting facilities or equipment
* Business center/computer access
* Phone calls (limited)
* Self parking for one vehicle
* Welcome amenities: free appetizer of either wings, firecracker shrimp, or shishito peppers
* Sanitizing Station consisting of UV wands and gallons of hand sanitizer

Platinums and higher get 1000 arrival points -or- $20 per person daily breakfast menu credit (up to 2 guests) in restaurant. 15% "service charge" is added.
Buffet still closed (Jul 2021)

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Just checked in and it seems like they no longer offer to waive the resort/destination fee as a welcome amenity.

It was 2,000 points, continental breakfast or some sort of Hawaii gift (didn't read into it).
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
Checking out tomorrow and it's a perfectly fine hotel, but not exceptional. Chose the continental breakfast amenity and ordered a side of bacon each day to share ($6) vs paying for the $10 per person upcharge to the rest of the hotel buffet. Worked out well. Two days the waitress said no need to pay since she just grabbed it off the buffet for us.

Rooms are updated, but the lanai/decks are worthless as they "face" the wrong way away from the water and are so tiny. There is literally a wall in the way of seeing anything while trying to sit outsdie. The exception is the rooms from X38 to X65 which are dead center on the ocean view (and of course the rooms that are fully oceanfront) and therefore the decks are usable. Bathroom door is slider/barn door style so not a lot of privacy or sound proofing.

Pool chairs are competitive. Weather was variable for us, but on the day of full sun, we couldn't find anywhere to sit other than the pool restaurant/bar tables. Really disappointing. Didn't eat at the main dinner restaurant, but food being served poolside looked tasty. We had much better luck chatting in the app when we needed something. Multiple times tried to call using the Guest Services button, but no one answered.

Food tip: JO2 which looks sad from the outside houses a James Beard nominated chef and has a fantastic $35 three course prix fixe (big portions!) for seatings from 5-6pm. Wine pairing for $10 more. Hukilau Lanai at the Wyndham just a 10 min walk has a similar 5 course tasting menu for $32 +$18 optional wine pairing for seatings 5-5:45pm - less "foodie" but a good value. And the Hukilau has live music each night along with a beautiful open air setting.

Current resort fee benefits
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Going up to a Cat 6 on 3/3/21 which eliminates 35k Certs on some nights.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
>tfw this property becomes a Cat 6 as of March 3, 2021

Reminds of the good old days of old Marriott devaluation where this place went from old 5 -> old 6 -> old 7
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
>tfw this property becomes a Cat 6 as of March 3, 2021
Simply odd as Kauai has been completely closed to tourism since April 2020 until at least May 2021 unless you do a 10 day quarantine whether or not you got a covid test.

I'll edit to add - hours after I posted the above, Kauai just announced they are open for business again with negative Covid test beginning April 5, pushed up from end of May

Last edited by HNLbasedFlyer; Mar 2, 2021 at 3:37 pm
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:51 pm

Does anyone have any info as to what the breakfast amenity is currently? On the ‘what to expect’ page it just states that "food outlets remain closed". Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by HPfly
Does anyone have any info as to what the breakfast amenity is currently? On the ‘what to expect’ page it just states that "food outlets remain closed". Thanks for the help.
Also curious about this. Anyone stay here recently with Plat/Titanium status that can report on any benefits?
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:09 pm

Just got back from a 2-night stay as platinum. Hotel was great, got a 4 pm check out, breakfast amenity was $16/pppd in the restaurant.
Tanic and erics2356 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by HPfly
breakfast amenity was $16/pppd in the restaurant.
Was the $16 fee for a hot food surcharge?
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Was the $16 fee for a hot food surcharge?
I’m sorry I should have been more clear, it’s a $16 credit per person to eat off the menu.
Tanic likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I stayed as a titanium on points in November 2020, right before the second Kauai closure.
  • Not charged resort fee (was still listed as a fee online although nothing was being offered)
  • Not charged parking
  • No breakfast, was given some tiny amount of points
  • Late checkout

Not sure how helpful this is anymore since policies are so fluid.
The hotel was definitely at <25% occupancy when I visited, probably closer to 10%.

I enjoyed my stay (although I was not expecting a lot and didn't use hotel facilities.) My room was comfortable and clean. The hotel kept common spaces welcoming (despite minimal occupancy) and constantly cleaned. I got "upgraded" from a garden view to a room in the main building. I would've appreciated a room with a better ocean view especially given the low occupancy.
Old May 1, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Has anyone stayed on a travel package after change in category? The hotel has been really reasonable about letting us change dates but I’m wondering if things will fall apart a few days before check in - if they upgrade us or something.
Old May 19, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
Has anyone stayed on a travel package after change in category? The hotel has been really reasonable about letting us change dates but I’m wondering if things will fall apart a few days before check in - if they upgrade us or something.
Just wanted to re-up this question... has anyone stayed there on a travel package lately?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:11 pm

I have an upcoming stay at this property and received a solicitation from an area helicopter operator. It appears that this hotel is selling guest information to third party businesses.

I'm already opted out with Marriott from sharing my information. Do you have to tell each hotel now, not to give out personal information?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
I have an upcoming stay at this property and received a solicitation from an area helicopter operator. It appears that this hotel is selling guest information to third party businesses.

I'm already opted out with Marriott from sharing my information. Do you have to tell each hotel now, not to give out personal information?
Fascinating, hasn’t happened to us... then again, among all the junk calls we get, I’m not sure we’d even notice. Good for you to be protective of your personal info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.