Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Old May 15, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee

That's not downtown. It's south of market.
I'd concede South Beach and close to Mission Bay if you want to be technical (lived in SF 15 years) certainly not SOMA - but someone not from SF likely isn't going to understand South Beach, Yerba Buena, Mission Bay, SOMA, etc if the property described itself as such - 2nd and Folsom is essentially walking distance to much of the urban core of SF
Old May 15, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Thanks for bumping this thread, btw, a couple of new properties have shown up on the booking engine

Courtyard at Van Ness and Geary (currently The Opal), opening in June 2019

The courtyard at 2nd and Folsom is being rebranded as "The Clancy" autograph collection. I'm always leery of ACs that are new builds or just reflags of existing Marriott portfolio properties, this says it will be open January 2020.

Both of these properties are described as "downtown."
Interesting news on the CY. Now perhaps I won't be so annoyed spending $500 a night at a Courtyard. But, I thought the story of AC's was to take existing indie properties that are unique and adding them to the portfolio? Talk about putting on lipstick
Old May 15, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by sdix
But, I thought the story of AC's was to take existing indie properties that are unique and adding them to the portfolio?
That's certainly the impression they'd like you to get though I don't think that's explicitly stated anywhere and there are certainly more than a few crappy new-build cookie-cutter properties under this brand.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Le Meridien is a nice property, I believe it was originally a Park Hyatt. The financial district location isn't great for leisure trips but it does have the advantage of being very quiet at night. This property is also good with elite upgrades.

I have not been very impressed with the Adagio on the two visits I've had there. It's decent, average even. Location might be a bit better depending on your tolerance for the union square area crowds and tenderloin denizens, but even among the union square-area properties this is the furthest west (and hence, the most tenderloin-ish).

note: I can't speak to breakfast at either as I always take the points and just get coffee out in the city.
Adagio has a very basic breakfast offering. They offer hot, prepared meals, but it will be a couple of so-so eggs with so-so bacon or so-so sausage. It is served in a tiny room in the back of the lobby.

LM is great. Excellent elite recognition/upgrades, large suites, quiet location in downtown on a generally riff-raff free street. Unfortunately, I’ve found their pricing to be quite a bit higher over the past six or so months; it used to be my go-to, but it has become hard to justify for business trips.

The riff-raff factor can be an issue at many of the SOMA Marriott properties; W, Park Central, St R, and especially Proper are on blocks that often have a fairly heavy presence of mentally disturbed homeless people.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Le Meridien is a nice property, I believe it was originally a Park Hyatt. The financial district location isn't great for leisure trips but it does have the advantage of being very quiet at night. This property is also good with elite upgrades.

I have not been very impressed with the Adagio on the two visits I've had there. It's decent, average even. Location might be a bit better depending on your tolerance for the union square area crowds and tenderloin denizens, but even among the union square-area properties this is the furthest west (and hence, the most tenderloin-ish).

note: I can't speak to breakfast at either as I always take the points and just get coffee out in the city.
The Le Meridien is one of the best properties in the city. Nice property, well managed and great elite recognition. This place is regularly sold out for a reason.

I also am a fan of the W. Unfortunately, neither have lounges.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by acrophobia
I’ve found their pricing to be quite a bit higher over the past six or so months; it used to be my go-to, but it has become hard to justify for business trips.
Weekends are often cheap. Regularly $160-200 per night. Available this Saturday for $170.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:43 am

Yeah, we're going for a November weekend trip the week after veteran's day, so not expecting it to be busy. Leaning towards the w if it's closer to the tourist areas
Old May 16, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Yeah, we're going for a November weekend trip the week after veteran's day, so not expecting it to be busy. Leaning towards the w if it's closer to the tourist areas
Dreamforce is the biggest convention of the year and it is the 19th through the 22nd.

I think the National Relators Convention is right before the 11th.

November is actually pretty busy here.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:51 am

We're going to be in town 15th to 17th (Friday through Sunday). Rates are pretty low across the board. If it wasn't for my expiring 50k certs, the intercontinental was also available at around 200
Old May 16, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
See the Moscone Events Calendar for an idea of what is coming. It only goes up to mid-November at the moment.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Leaning towards the w if it's closer to the tourist areas
Depends on what you mean by the "tourist areas." You might want to do some research and figure out where you want to spend your time before booking hotel. LM is more convenient to the waterfront, W is closer to Union Square shopping and slightly more transit convenient.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Depends on what you mean by the "tourist areas." You might want to do some research and figure out where you want to spend your time before booking hotel. LM is more convenient to the waterfront, W is closer to Union Square shopping and slightly more transit convenient.
W is also right next to Moscone. They will be building out Dreamforce and Howard St will be closed. Not really a big deal unless you are planning on taking cars places, but it is a mess down there at that time.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
They will be building out Dreamforce and Howard St will be closed. Not really a big deal unless you are planning on taking cars places, but it is a mess down there at that time.
Yuck. I'd do LM. Easy walk to Embarcadero/Ferry Plaza, Chinatown, and North Beach. BART is five minutes.

Personally I like the Studio Suites at LM. The larger suites are all adjacent to elevator.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:21 am

The wife looked up and chose the Palace. Didn't think that was her style, but the rooms themselves don't look too Fairmonty...
Old May 20, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Headed to SF in September for a conference at Moscone and, through the conference, have a few options... Westin St. Francis for $339, St. Regis for $565, Park Central for $339, Palace for $411, Marriott Union Square for $369, and JW Union Square for $399. I prioritize free breakfast, lounge access, and upgrades (Titanium). Given the information gleaned from other threads, seems like JW and Marriott Union Square are the only options of those with lounges, and the weekend Marriott Union Square breakfast benefit is better than the JW's? Thanks in advance for any guidance provided!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.