Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:41 pm

Duplicate.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: ua premier,aa gold,amex plat, starwood plat, marriott silver
Very nice hotel at the top of Nob Hill. 1 block to the Cable Cars. Not far from Fishermans Wharf, Union Square. What are you looking for in a hotel?
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
get a high floor, corner room if possible - the ones facing outwards have a nice view of the downtown skyline and the harbour peeks out here and there (when it's not foggy!)

My wife and I stayed there for our "mini-moon" after our wedding and the hotel staff were great!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:47 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Okay hotel. Cable Cars stop right in front of the hotel. Rooms are on the small side though. This hotel does not recognize Platinums and does not offer any sort of upgrades for Platinums. New beds/linens were only available in the "Deluxe Rooms" (At least that was the case back in September when I was there) and I was told I would have to pay $50 more per night to upgrade to one of these rooms even though I am a Platinum. When I questioned this, (how come I can pay for an upgrade, but can't receive a upgrade to "Best Available" room as a Platinum) I was told, "We don't have any Deluxe rooms available for upgrade. But if you want to be $239 instead of the $189 rate on your reservation we can put you in a larger room with the upgraded bed and linens." I declined and was given a small interior room on the 3rd floor. Discussions with a Front Desk Manager the next morning questioning the above yielded the following response: "We only make a certain number of our Deluxe rooms available for Platinum upgrades. Once those rooms are gone, we can not upgrade you, but we may still have "Deluxe" or better rooms available in our inventory that we can book you into only if you are willing to pay the change in rate."
Mediocre breakfast offerings in restaruant consisting of cereals and stale croissants and muffins. Won't stay there again.

RIP...

Last edited by OU812; Dec 12, 2005 at 10:53 am
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:48 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Delete duplicate post
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat, United 1K
San Francisco Marriott Recommendations

I will be spending two weekends in San Francisco in mid-Feb. I have booked the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf for the first weekend. This is a leisure trip and I have never been to San Francisco.

I would appreciate some recomendations on where I should stay for the second weekend. I don't mind booking the Fisherman's Wharf again if that is the best option.

I'm looking for general tour of the city, good restaurants and bars.

During the week, I'll be in the San Jose, Santa Clara area. Is it worth driving up to SF for Valentines day dinner or is there enough things in San Jose?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Before anyone else slams you for not searching I will make the suggestion first. You can search this thread for San Francisco and you will see many many threads on the topic. I enjoy the main Marriott (near Moscone center) but that's for business. Have fun!

-Mike
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Anyone have some rooms that are known to be nice (non-suites?). I am a gold, have a free Cat 6 night cert, and it will be a Friday night.

Do they still have the jazz singer in the lounge on Friday nights (this was many few years ago that I was there last, in my plat days)? If so, then it makes the choice of which hotel easier.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
As a gold, I was upgraded to a fantastic suite on the 36th floor with a view of Alcatraz. It was fantastic. It was a Sunday night stay. Staying only one night and on a weekend, politely try for an upgrade.

Good luck!
Old Mar 17, 2006, 7:54 am

This property has been nothing but great to me. I have always recieved nice upgrades at this property and the staff are really nice.

They have always offered mw coupons for breakfast and without fail they covered the difference between the hot and cold buffet.

Dan
Old Mar 17, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott PlatPremier, US Air Chairmans, United Prem Exec
Similar experience at Oakland Marriott

The expensive parking I expected and simply didn't rent a car. I took BART or taxis which turned out to be cheaper and more convenient anyhow. The service that bordered on surly was a bit of a surprise. Both the SF and Oakland Marriotts are almost always sold out. There seems to be a "if you don't like it stay somewhere else" sort of attitude. I got upgraded to suites a few times but the standard rooms were tiny. Also, there are no restaurants open in the evening anywhere around the hotel. The Oakland Marriott just happened to be closer to where I was working but next time I think I'll stay in SF.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Admirals Club
I've been impressed with the service

Stayed several times at this hotel during the past several years and have always been impressed with the level of service it offers.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:30 pm

I've spent around 50 nights at this hotel in the last 6 months or so. Never had any issues really apart from the internet access. The server used to go down regularly until they fixed it recently. Apparently, that is also the #1 complaint from most guests.

Parking is similarly priced at any comparable hotel around Union Square. I've stayed at the Hilton as well as the Westin St Francis and they all charge round about $40/night. Best option - park in one of the garages around the hotel, comes to around $15-$25.

As an elite member, I get upgraded to a Concierge level room almost every time. One thing worth checking out at this hotel is the recently revamped lounge on the 39th view floor. Very nice and trendy!

Regarding proximity to restaurants.. check out the Metreon Center right next door, they have Buckhorn, Firewood Grill and Mexican, Thai restaurants. Jillian's is also worth a visit. There are a bunch of places 3-4 blocks up near Union Square around O'farrell and Powell. King of Thai Noodle rocks!

Last edited by igotpipped; Mar 18, 2006 at 6:34 pm Reason: Added hotel comment
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I had a very similar and recent experience with this property, and felt the same way. Service was quite poor. 2 of the elevators didnot work.
To fight high cost of parking, I parked over night for 2 nights across the street at the 5th & Mission Garage (public). I was suppose to have a room upgrade, but had to ask for it before it was granted. Other properties treat plat card holders a bit more professionally than this place.
As for restaurants, if you are later than 10:30PM, you will find the surrounding places to eat are generally closed, except Mel's (ground level of same garage). There is a pretty good sushi place inside the Meteron (forgot the name) which closes at about 10 or 10:15PM.
For free WiFi, I went to Starbuck where I nursed a cup of latte. It too is across the street from hotel.
Next time, I would try perhaps the Renaissance (former Parc 55).
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
possible JW Marriott San Francisco on the horizon

Noticed this after reviewing a post in the Hyatt forum...

A reflag of the Pan Pacific San Francisco may be in the works.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...27/story8.html

...The Pan Pacific, on the other hand, is close to converting to a JW Marriott, a high-end brand from Marriott International, according to a person close to the hotel's management. The Pan Pacific made $4.8 million last year, nearly tripling 2004's profit, according to General Manager Sileshi Mengiste, who acknowledged that owner Ashford is going to rebrand the hotel...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.