Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 7, 22, 1:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: wcj1
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 26, 22, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Why do people hate the Marquis so much? It has been fully renovated. I have an event there in a couple of months and I’m considering staying at a hotel across the street (non Marriott) given all of the poor reviews. FWIW I wouldn’t care about lounge of breakfast with this stay.
Old Aug 26, 22, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
Westin St. Francis (I can't go to SF without staying here)
Assuming you've stayed at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero? Obviously not the same outward facing views in terms of elevator as the St Francis, but still the old school regency glass elevators looking out over the atrium if memory serves...
Old Aug 26, 22, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
Why do people hate the Marquis so much? It has been fully renovated. I have an event there in a couple of months and I’m considering staying at a hotel across the street (non Marriott) given all of the poor reviews. FWIW I wouldn’t care about lounge of breakfast with this stay.
For me it's the fact that the hotel is GIANT relative to anything else in the city...
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 26, 22, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by boolean64 View Post
For me it's the fact that the hotel is GIANT relative to anything else in the city...
"Bad. Bad big hotel. Bad, bad, bad."

David
Old Aug 26, 22, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by boolean64 View Post
Assuming you've stayed at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero? Obviously not the same outward facing views in terms of elevator as the St Francis, but still the old school regency glass elevators looking out over the atrium if memory serves...
Yep, very nice atrium and elevators, but I wasn't a fan of the hard bed.
Old Aug 27, 22, 6:07 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
I think a lot of people here are looking for luxury/high end experiences and the Marquis is basically a big conference hotel. That said, it's not a bad hotel, and if my event were there I'd totally stay there for convenience if nothing else. Beyond that, the gym is actually very good (two levels with lots of equipment - there used to be a pool, but maybe it was closed?), and pre-COVID I would have described the quality of the M Lounge offerings as above average (by US standards). The rooms are basically what you'd expect from a Marriott, some have excellent views.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Sep 12, 22, 11:19 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Laughable "what to expect" email from the JW for a stay later this week. The lounge is "currently unavailable," but they'll give 1,000 points for Plat/Titanium. Why? Why is it not available? We still blaming Covid for anything that hotel won't make money on? Funny how the restaurant can be open, where I can use my $25 Daily Destination Fee with the expectation of spending more than that, but not a lounge designed for people who spend a ton of money with Marriott.
I have no idea why I'm still loyal to this chain.
Old Sep 12, 22, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by melissaru View Post
Laughable "what to expect" email from the JW for a stay later this week. The lounge is "currently unavailable," but they'll give 1,000 points for Plat/Titanium. Why? Why is it not available? We still blaming Covid for anything that hotel won't make money on? Funny how the restaurant can be open, where I can use my $25 Daily Destination Fee with the expectation of spending more than that, but not a lounge designed for people who spend a ton of money with Marriott.
The issues with that JW are well-documented in this thread and the master thread. Anyone looking for Elite benefits should stay elsewhere and should not have booked at that property in the first place. The Westin across the street offers Elites a delightful and free breakfast buffet.
ArthurSFO11 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Sep 12, 22, 11:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The issues with that JW are well-documented in this thread and the master thread. Anyone looking for Elite benefits should stay elsewhere and should not have booked at that property in the first place.
And it's not like the lounge was aspirational. Last time I was there it was a meeting room with folding tables and chairs and dorm quality food (and a two page long list of elites that had to have over 100 names on it).
Old Sep 13, 22, 12:16 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by melissaru View Post
I talked to a supervisor letting them know that I was supposed to receive breakfast in the restaurant as an option in lieu of the lounge being closed, they gave me a $75 breakfast voucher.
Old Sep 13, 22, 5:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
I talked to a supervisor letting them know that I was supposed to receive breakfast in the restaurant as an option in lieu of the lounge being closed
This property is expressly exempted from that requirement.
SPN Lifer and Tanic like this.
Old Sep 13, 22, 9:01 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
This property is expressly exempted from that requirement.
Not sure where it says that, but they did in fact relent and give me a voucher.
correction it was a $60 voucher:

Old Sep 13, 22, 10:20 am

Not sure where it says that, but they did in fact relent and give me a voucher.
correction it was a $60 voucher:
I'm glad this worked out for you, but Kacee is correct - this JW is on the breakfast exempt list of the T&Cs.
Old Sep 13, 22, 11:14 am

I'm glad this worked out for you, but Kacee is correct - this JW is on the breakfast exempt list of the T&Cs.
Is there a list somewhere of all exempt properties, this is my first time hearing of this.
Old Sep 13, 22, 12:05 pm

Is there a list somewhere of all exempt properties, this is my first time hearing of this.
A. In the United States and Canada: When a Participating Property's Lounge is closed, or property does not have a Lounge or approved alternative, the property will offer a daily continental breakfast in the restaurant for the Member plus one (1) guest, or Member can choose 750 Points per night of Stay. In Europe: Participating Properties without a Lounge or approved alternative offer daily breakfast in restaurant for Member plus one (1) guest, or Member can choose 750 Points per night of Stay. This benefit applies to the following brands (resort properties excluded): JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels, Autograph Collection, and Renaissance Hotels. This benefit is not applicable when breakfast is included in the rate or the brand offers an approved alternative as described above. The following properties in the United States do not provide free continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the event the Lounge is closed but do offer 1,000 Points in lieu of breakfast. These properties include:

● The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection
● Boston Marriott Copley Place
● Boston Marriott Long Wharf
● Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
● JW Marriott Essex House New York City
● JW Marriott New Orleans
● JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
● JW Marriott Washington, DC
● The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
● Monterey Marriott
● New York Marriott Marquis®
● Philadelphia Marriott Downtown