Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I look at the reservation details page, on the left it says:
Preferences Summary
This hotel has a smoke-free policy

Guaranteed:

Mobility Accessible Room with Roll-in Shower
2 Queen Beds

Not Guaranteed:

High Floor Room
On the top under rooms it says:

Room(s)
Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King or 1 Queen or 2 Double
Room details
When I click on Room Details I get the pop up and it says:

Room Details – Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King or 1 Queen or 2 Double Room Overview
Deluxe room
Beds and Bedding
Maximum Occupancy: 4
1 King or 1 Queen or 2 Double
Rollaway beds permitted: 1
Cribs permitted: 1
Maximum cribs/rollaway beds permitted: 1
Pillowtop mattress, Featherbed, and Duvet
Room Features
245sqft/22sqm-360sqft/32sqm
If I go to "change reservation" and then "edit preferences" I get a whole slew of choices from 1 king, to 2 doubles, to hearing impaired, to this mobility one with two queens.

We are checking in very early, so I'm going to leave as is, and when we arrive let the front desk know that we don't need a mobility accessible room, but that we do have two kids with us and if they don't have anyone else checking in who needs it we'd appreciate the extra bed space.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
San francisco

What is the best Marriott for a platinum member in San Fran?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Have you checked here?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...francisco.html
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
In addition to checking that thread, it also helps when you post if you provide more details such as location, if you have a car, looking for a view, lounge open on weekends, upgrades to suites, close to public transport, etc, etc. Your original post is pretty generic, so hard to provide any input based on that.

Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:24 pm

My apologies

I will not get a car, since I am only spending one night in San fran, my flight leaves at 8:25AM the next morning. I was actually looking at the Marriott Marquis but wanted some suggestions.

I am willing to spend up to $200
Lounge open on weekends, so I can grab some quick breakfast at 6 before heading to Airport

suite upgrades and treatment of platinums

I will be in san fran on a short overnight layover, never been but was looking at the Marriott Marquis
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
The JW, Union Sq., and Stanford Court are all a few blocks from each other. I personally like the JW, and have received upgrades there before. The Marquis is only a few additional blocks from these other properties, but I can't comment as I have never stayed at this that one.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I've stayed at the SF Marriott Marquis and was treated wonderfully as a Gold member, including an upgrade to a 1 BR suite. I'm sure your experience will be no less. But with an 8:25 a.m. departure, you may want to consider the SFO Marriott so that you're not having to inhale that breakfast when the CL doors open at 6 a.m. only to rush out the door to make your flight. But note: I don't think the SFO Marriott's CL is open on weekends either so it may be a lost cause either way. Also, stays in downtown SF are known to be pricey. You may end up out by SFO just to meet your $200 budget.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Marriott San Mateo SFO Airport is another option. No brekkie on weekend but close to SFO with free shuttle. And nice property with decent rates.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:21 pm

Thanks

I decided to go with the Marquis on fourth
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on what happened with the SC and our request for 2 Queen/ADA room.

Our flight out of LA was delayed by weather in SF and as we were sitting in the plane at LAX on indefinite hold the SC called. (About 11 am) They asked if we really needed a roll-in shower and I said no, we really just wanted the 2 queen beds since we were travelling with 10/13 year olds. They said no problem and when we arrived we had a room with 2Qs and a regular shower on the sixth floor (lounge level) with an interior courtyard view. Also they delivered a creme brulee and a card to our room for our newly minted teenager's birthday. I had mentioned that in in the Virtual Conciereg comments.

Overall good stay, concierge lounge not too crowded, room small but comfortable. View sucked but priority was slightly larger room and beds for the 4 of us.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Apr 12, 2012 at 4:22 pm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Overall good stay, concierge lounge not too crowded, room small but comfortable.
I was here recently and found the concierge lounge horribly crowded in the morning, had to wait to get somewhere to sit. They should probably consider giving some certs out for breakfast downstairs when it's that full.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was surprised at how not full it was. We had no problem getting seats for 4 at 7 am one day and 9 am another days. Spring Break is this week for my kids and we did see a few other families there, but I know that's all over the place depending on the school.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Another question for those of you familiar with the various Marriott options in the city.

I am going to be flying in and out of OAK on a trip at the end of June. Doing some work on Wednesday and Thursday and then taking Friday as a vacation day before flying out of OAK on Saturday. I would like to stay in the city on Friday night and enjoy walking around, going out to eat, perhaps some shopping, etc.

What would your suggestion be on where I stay for Friday night? Here are a couple of things to consider:

- can I take the BART on Saturday morning to the OAK airport from the city? If so, I would like to drop off my rental car sometime on Friday morning to avoid the huge parking fees. Which hotel is best for the BART?

- I am a Plat so might be able to score a decent room. This is not really all that important as I won't be in it very much other than to sleep. Any city hotels have the lounge open on Sat morning? My flight leaves OAK at 10:45am

- Or...should I scrap the idea of staying in the city and just BART it back and forth to the Walnut Creek Marriott where I will be staying Wed and Thurs night?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat

- Or...should I scrap the idea of staying in the city and just BART it back and forth to the Walnut Creek Marriott where I will be staying Wed and Thurs night?
Walnut Creek is just far enough (~35-40min) from SF by BART that it's a little tiresome for SF sightseeing because you can't go back to the hotel that easily. Since you are just there for a day, I would stay in SF. But it's not that horrible, so if there is a major price difference, staying in WC is a decent option.

You can get to OAK using BART and a bus connection from the Coliseum BART station called AirBART. It's decent, but not the quickest connection because everyone is paying and loading luggage. http://www.flyoakland.com/bart_airbart.shtml

For access to BART, the Marquis is easily the easiest since it's about a half block from the Powell St Station, while the JW and Union Square are maybe 4-5 blocks. According to the lounge sticky thread, the Marquis lounge is open in the weekends now. If you decide keep the car and to drive in and park, the 5th and Mission garage is across the street from the Marquis and is $32/day, which is a *cheaper* alternative to the valet.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
OK, so I think my general plan of attack is as follows:

1. Move from my Pleasanton Marriott location (Wed and Thurs night) to the Marriott Marquis for a single night stay on Friday night.

2. Return Avis rental car before heading into downtown mid-day on Friday

3. Spend Friday afternoon and evening in the city exploring

4. Hop on BART Saturday morning to OAK for a 10:50am flight out on Southwest Airlines

I couldn't really tell a huge difference in the SF city hotels (JW, Marquis, Marriott US, Renaissance, etc), so I just used access to BART as the tie-breaker for getting back to the OAK airport. Make sense? Now I just gotta find a remote AVIS location somewhere so I don't have to double back to the OAK airport on Friday!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.