Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: marriott, delta
San Fran Marquis or J.W.

Hey Y'all, does anyone have a preference on either the Marquis or JW in San Francisco. I am planning to go out in August. Thanks for your input.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 pm

They both have hefty parking fees, just like any big city, but both are nice. I find the rooms at the JW to be more elegant but the Concierge Lounges at both places are nice. Not open the weekends of course,
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I prefer the JW. It's not the fanciest in the chain, but it's nice. If you have status, here's a plus: they usually give me an upgrade. Neither is a bad choice, neither is going to be the best hotel in which you've stayed.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT
[QUOTE=Roger the lodger:18259385 Not open the weekends of course,[/QUOTE]. Just spent the weekend at jw. The lounge was open for breakfast on sat \Sun. wifi at jw was very weak. Ask for a high floor which I hear has better wifi.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:58 pm

Just booked the JW myself after tremendous research. It seemed the classiest of all Marriot's in the main San Fran area (and because of a surprise PointSavers avail - it was the same points as the Marquis!) Plus I'm going to try something very new (for me). I'm gonna hop the BART into the city from SFO + on my way back to OAK (for Vegas ) Looking forward to my one night in San Fran, as well as how they treat Plats.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Platinum Mileage Plus
JW Marriott stay in December

The hotel was very nice. I parked a couple of blocks away for $20 a night (an Explorer).

The lounge was open all week, helped save a few bucks having the family with me.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I have stayed in all 3 Marriott properties in San Francisco and this is my preference:

1. Marriott Union Square: great location and nice remodel. Probably the newest rooms of the Marriott branded properties in downtown SF. Bathrooms are tiny though so if that is important to you move along. Does not have a market but a 24 hour Walgreens is directly across the street.

2. JW Marriott: great location as well and rooms/bathrooms have more space than the Marriott Union Square. Separate tub and shower if that is appealing to you. Room is just OK. Honestly have no idea how this has a JW designation. It is no different than most marriotts I stay at. Not a fan of the atrium style hotels as well but it is a quality stay with friendly staff/

3. Marriott Marquis: not a big fan at all although the location is great with BART entrance a block away. Rooms are a tad dated (remodel was in 2005 I believe). Also have been upgraded a few times to a junior suite with a window facing the lobby. Who wants a room with a view of the inside of the hotel? The hotel has 1300 rooms or so and is 3x larger than the other two. Seems very hectic at times in the lobby and common areas.

Big fan of the Stanford Court as well. if you are going with a significant other it is more of a romantic hotel than the other 3.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Just booked the JW myself after tremendous research. It seemed the classiest of all Marriot's in the main San Fran area (and because of a surprise PointSavers avail - it was the same points as the Marquis!) Plus I'm going to try something very new (for me). I'm gonna hop the BART into the city from SFO + on my way back to OAK (for Vegas ) Looking forward to my one night in San Fran, as well as how they treat Plats.
Only way I go into the city. Go about once every 5 weeks for work. Really no reason to have a car in my opinion.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: marriott, delta
Thanks everyone, I will probably do the JW. Appreciate your opinions.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I'm gonna hop the BART into the city from SFO + on my way back to OAK
Both the JW and the Union Square Marriott are a short (5 block) but steep walk up from Market Street where the BART stations are. (The Stanford Court Renaissance is another 3 blocks up.)

The BART is probably the most comfortable (and cheapest) way to get to downtown San Francisco, but make sure you know what you're doing with your luggage between Market St and your hotel.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Moriens
Both the JW and the Union Square Marriott are a short (5 block) but steep walk up from Market Street where the BART stations are. (The Stanford Court Renaissance is another 3 blocks up.)

The BART is probably the most comfortable (and cheapest) way to get to downtown San Francisco, but make sure you know what you're doing with your luggage between Market St and your hotel.
And when this poster indicates the Stanford Court is another three blocks up, it really means UP!!! In SF, the hills get steeper the higher you get.

FWIW, I take a cab from BART to Stanford Court, but walk the others.

Also, I'm going to be in SF in a couple weeks and made my reservation yesterday. The Marquis was the least expensive by far, so that's where I'll be staying. I actually made a reservation at the Stanford Court a couple weeks ago, but when I checked back yesterday, the Marquis was cheaper. Which leads me to this point: Stay on top of the rates at all five hotels, as they can go down without notice.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are going up for 2 nights, April 10-12, to see Spamalot and celebrate my eldest's 13th birthday. We are staying at Stanford Court as it is 199 (the Marquis is 549!!) Sounds like with 4 of us the most economical and convenient is taxi from SFO, since with 4 BART tickets plus a cab up to SC we will end up about the same anyways.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
We are going up for 2 nights, April 10-12, to see Spamalot and celebrate my eldest's 13th birthday. We are staying at Stanford Court as it is 199 (the Marquis is 549!!) Sounds like with 4 of us the most economical and convenient is taxi from SFO, since with 4 BART tickets plus a cab up to SC we will end up about the same anyways.
And yet the next weekend, the Marquis is $219, the JW $259, Stanford Court $249 and the FS around $500 on an override. The CY was also more than the Marquis.

This shows that when it comes to SF, you've got to check everything and check back often!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stanford Court question

I have a reservation next week for two nights at the Stanford Court. 2 adults, 2 kids. I see my room preference choices are:

1 King
2 doubles
ADA with 2 queens and a roll in shower.

Is there any reason NOT to request the ADA room? 2 Queens would be SO much more comfortable than 2 doubles. Is it any bigger or do they just cram 2 bigger beds into the same size room?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
The only reason I can see not to book the ADA room is someone who actually requires that type of room may need it. Can you click on room details and compare the square footage of each type of room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.