Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wcj1
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Below is a list of hotels Marriott has listed for San Francisco. Where there is a specific "Master" threads for a hotel, the name is a link to that thread:

Luxury:
St Regis San Francisco
Ritz Carlton San Francisco

Full Service:
W Hotel San Francisco
JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
Marriott SoMA Mission Bay [San Francisco]
[GONE] Park Central (was Westin Market Street) San Francisco (rebranded as Hyatt)
Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Westin SFO San Francisco Airport
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
Le Meridien Hotel San Francisco
San Francisco Proper, Design Hotel
Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection (San Francisco, CA)
[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (re-branded as Riu Plaza San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf as of 12NOV19 - see post 134 in thread)
AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Limited Service:
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown/Van Ness Ave
Courtyard San Francisco Union Square
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport
aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae) SFO

Extended Stay:
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Timeshare:
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, San Francisco

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cduff
...It will be my companion's first time in San Fran, and her big requst is having a great view. She's currently chosing the Marquis,...
The upper floors of the Marquis have many rooms with great views - and I'm talking serious, OMG, jaw-dropping, let's-take-a-picture views here. My last stay there had me on the 27th floor with a southwestern facing corner room and certaily fell in to that category with its bay and Potrero Hills view.

If you don't like the view in your room, then head to the top floor lounge (appropriately named the View Lounge) for an even bigger dose.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Stanford Court is at the top of a huge hill and has great views in all directions.

Bruce
The view from the Concierge Lounge is amazing.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Dress code at "The View" at Marriott Marquis

I'm going up to San Francisco next month to meet a lady friend of mine whom I want to impress. We're going to a Giants game at 1:10 and i was thinking of ending the evening by taking her up to The View. Will it be ok to show up casually dressed as we will be coming from a baseball game, or should I bring something to change into?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by keeton
The upper floors of the Marquis have many rooms with great views - and I'm talking serious, OMG, jaw-dropping, let's-take-a-picture views here. My last stay there had me on the 27th floor with a southwestern facing corner room and certaily fell in to that category with its bay and Potrero Hills view.

If you don't like the view in your room, then head to the top floor lounge (appropriately named the View Lounge) for an even bigger dose.
Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
The view from the Concierge Lounge is amazing.
Very true about the views from both the SF Marquis, and the Stanford Court, both have amazing views!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:13 am

Recommendation on hotel in San Francisco

I am trying to surprise my husband with a trip to San Francisco He is a platinum member and I will be using points to book the trip. I have never been to San Francisco and would love your recommendation on a hotel in the city to use as a base for several days of exploring. We are then planning on going to wine country for several day (at one of the Marriotts). Thanks for any recommdations!!!!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
When in wine country, I recommend the Ren in Sonoma. Much nicer property than the Napa Marriott.

As for a Marriott in the city. The JW is well situated on Union Square but the Union Square Marriott and the Marriott Marquis are closer to MUNI/Bart
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I'd avoid the Fisherman's Wharf properties. They are not in a good location for a base to explore the city and are not as nice as the properties around Union Square.

SF is great because it's really not a large city so you can explore a lot of it on foot (prepare for the hills however!) and not worry about a car around town - in fact try to avoid a car as parking and parking fees will make you crazy.

My wife and I have stayed at the Stanford Court Renaissance at the top of Nob Hill, the new Marriott at Union Square and the Courtyard on 2nd street. We enjoyed all of them; the courtyard is further out of the way and I would recommend the others for their location. We have not stayed at the JW but it tends to get good reviews.

When I contacted the Union Square Marriott to let them know we were gong to spend a weekend there and were looking forward to trying the new property I got a nice note back and they set us up in a very nice room with a great view and provided one weekend breakfast for both of us.

Enjoy!
Bruce
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:40 pm

Thanks so much for the information. I will check into the hotels you mentioned!!

Barbara
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I've stayed at all 4 (Marquis, Union Square, JW and Stanford) repeatedly based on rates and the platinum upgrades from normal rooms are listed here:

Marquis - Cheapest available to Junior Suite. Normally rates differ by only $10-$20, and you can normall get a suite for a junior suite price (warning: not all suites have separated bedrooms). I have booked a full suite and gotten a hospitality suite before. It is big, but furnishings are crap and half the room has no windows.

JW - Never scored a suite here, even with many stays. Their front deskmen/women are anti-upgrade even before you ask. Most I've ever manged was the studio suite (either booked or upgraded to) which is VERY roomy and comfortable. I like the bathrooms here, very spacious.

Union Sq - Small, old, crappy bathrooms - sucks. Would never stay here. Once is enough.

Ren Stanford - Book a normal room and you can usually score a Studio Suite which has a very very nice view of the City. Comfortable beds but it isn't really a suite @ ~350sqft. Normal sized bathroom and one lounge chaise. No sofa. Quite a walk from everything else and it is very hilly, so prepare for that.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty price sensitive so when it comes down to it, I book whatever is cheapest of the Marquis, Ren and JW. I tend to stay at the JW or Marquis (central location) more, but I like the Ren the most.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:52 pm

Does anyone know how the executive lounges compare? Since my husband is platnum, I would like to stay somewhere where we can get breakfast and snacks an night complementary. That would help on the expenses....

Thanks again!!
Barbara
Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
My vote is the JW. It has the best location. The Stanford Court is nice, but it's at the very top of the hill, a very steep hill, which you will have to climb at the end of every sightseeing, restaurant and shopping venture.

I don't remember the CL there, but I was there on a weekend, so it may have been closed. The JW CL is top-notch.

I have been UGed to a suite at the JW twice. It's quite swank. Call ahead, let them know it's a special event and see if they can hook you up. (The Pacific Suite on the Seventeenth Floor, if I remember correctly.)

The CY is off the beaten path a bit, but it's usually less expensive. It's one of the nicest CYs. If you've ever been to Weston, FL, it's similar to that property.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by fishingfrye
Does anyone know how the executive lounges compare? Since my husband is platnum, I would like to stay somewhere where we can get breakfast and snacks an night complementary. That would help on the expenses....

Thanks again!!
Barbara
According to this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html only the Marquis is open on weekens.

* San Francisco / Marriott San Fran / CLOSED
* San Francisco / Moscone Marriott Marquis OPEN; free i-net & printer on 17th floor in lounge; no breakfast coupon was offered (update 5/10)
* San Francisco / JW Marriott Union Square / CLOSED
* San Francisco / The Stanford Court Renaissance / CLOSED; free wifi & i-net termina; 7/10 update
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The Stanford Court is nice, but it's at the very top of the hill, a very steep hill, which you will have to climb at the end of every sightseeing, restaurant and shopping venture.
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Ren Stanford Quite a walk from everything else and it is very hilly, so prepare for that.
But remember that the Stanford Court is on California & Powell... where both Cable car lines cross, so you don't have to walk if you don't want to.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
But remember that the Stanford Court is on California & Powell... where both Cable car lines cross, so you don't have to walk if you don't want to.
And if your room faces that intersection, you'll remember it until about 1 AM, every 10 minutes or so (But you get acclimated to it).

Bruce
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Originally Posted by BruceWG
And if your room faces that intersection, you'll remember it until about 1 AM, every 10 minutes or so (But you get acclimated to it).

Bruce
Very true. I found California facing rooms to be more bothersome than Powell facing rooms, for some odd reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.