Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Madrid, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Madrid, Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Adding my two-cents.

I initially had the Courtyard booked. Went there and it was a disaster. First hotel I've ever walked out of (they put me first in a room under the stairs and by the elevator so I could hear every single footstep in the hallway and on the stairs). Then they moved me to th a suite in the un-renovated part of the hotel. Suite was really nice but then I got on the bed and I could feel every single spring in the mattress. At that point it wasn't worth trying a third room.

Moved over to the AC Atocha. Was exactly what I was looking for. Felt very similar to an aLoft which as an under-30 millennial is actually a good thing. They put me in a quiet, corner room with a rooftop balcony. Location was great, Nespresso in the room, nice bed / shower / etc. No breakfast offered but I'm not a big breakfast person when traveling for business (just give me a yogurt and I'm all set) so not a deal-breaker. Believe they did offer breakfast for $10 or $12 as a Plat (compared to whatever the normal price is) but I declined and took an extra points offer instead.

I've seen a couple reviews on TA that suggest some concern about the area near the AC Atocha because of the train station. I certainly didn't see anything - just standard precautions in watching for pickpockets (keep wallet in the front pocket).
Old May 10, 2018, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by S43R
Planning to visit Madrid for two days in the first week of November. Which hotel would be most convenient for a family of 2 adults, 2 kids (1 yr & 3 yrs old) on points and platinum status? We do have a rental car but not really keen on using it in Madrid.
S43R - curious as to which you went with? We are Platinum and will be 2 adults and two children (6months and 3).
Old May 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Please remember that, as the new program starts in August 2018, both Courtyard and AC Hotels globally will offer free breakfast to Platinum members as a choice at check in.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: United 1K; Hilton HHonors Gold; Marriott Platinum
Apologies for the late reply. We stayed at the Hotel Palacio Del Retiro, Autograph Collection. Normally they wouldn't allow 4 guests in a room but took our chances as our boys were 3 and 1 year old. Great hotel, nicely located and we were lucky to keep our rental car parked for free in front of the hotel. Breakfast was free (Platinum) with a small surcharge for hot items.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:35 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm planning on booking a 4 night points stay before the price goes up for an April '19 stay at either the Santa Mauro or Palacio Retiro. I would like to try and use my suite upgrades awards for this stay. Does anyone know which of these hotels has the most suites? I'd like to increase my odds as much as possible.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I'm planning on booking a 4 night points stay before the price goes up for an April '19 stay at either the Santa Mauro or Palacio Retiro. I would like to try and use my suite upgrades awards for this stay. Does anyone know which of these hotels has the most suites? I'd like to increase my odds as much as possible.
I remember looking into this when we went last year. If I recall correctly, the Santo Mauro had just a few more suites. We ended up staying there because I was also hoping for an upgrade (we were upgraded to a junior suite). This property was really beautiful and the "Spanish experience" repast they offered, as well as the Spanish breakfast, was a nice touch. I was glad we stayed there because of how lovely the property was as well as the service, but if I went back, I would probably try Palacio Retiro because it seems to be a bit more centrally located to things. Having said that, the area around Santo Mauro is perfectly safe and good; it just felt a little further away from the things we were planning to do in a short time span there. We were there in October so the hotel was perhaps less busy than peak season, so that might have also factored into our upgrade.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:04 pm

Madrid on ooints

I basically have the same question as tomphot abive but was wondering if anyone has updated suggestions and I'm planning on using points and getting a 5th night free if that makes a difference. Basically I'm looking for breakfast and/or lounge upgrade to better room or suite if possible. From what I've read it seems like the AC Avinida Amercana is best for a budget stay, the santa Mauro autograph collection for upgrades and the palacio del retiro for location. Are tgere any other better options that combine all 3 if those perks? Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Would anyone have any advice on the AC San Sebastian? I have a one night, 16 hour transit in Madrid coming up and th AC at the airport is a little pricey. The San apparently offers a shuttle “for an additional charge” but it does not say what that charge is.

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Please remember that, as the new program starts in August 2018, both Courtyard and AC Hotels globally will offer free breakfast to Platinum members as a choice at check in.
My understanding is AC hotels don’t actually offer complimentary breakfast in the new program but please correct me if I’m wrong.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
Would anyone have any advice on the AC San Sebastian? I have a one night, 16 hour transit in Madrid coming up and th AC at the airport is a little pricey. The San apparently offers a shuttle “for an additional charge” but it does not say what that charge is.

My understanding is AC hotels don’t actually offer complimentary breakfast in the new program but please correct me if I’m wrong.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps...-de-los-reyes/

It says pretty clearly on the transportation page that there is no airport shuttle.

I would guess that, if the shuttle isn't busy with local company runs in the middle of the day, you might be able to negotiate a ride TO the airport. I doubt that they would pick you up but you could call or email to ask.

And no... AC hotels don't provide breakfast. You are supposed to receive a $10 F+B credit.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by craigthemif
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps...-de-los-reyes/

It says pretty clearly on the transportation page that there is no airport shuttle.
Yet on the landing page for the hotel in the app it says there is one.

Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:29 pm

Stayed at the AC Hotel on Paseo de la Delicias for 4 nights on my first time visiting Madrid.
Location is about a 5 minutes walk from the main Atocha station. A tip if you're navigating public transportation via Google maps from the MAD airport. For some reason, if you're taking the train, Gmaps will route you via the Cercanias C1 train all the way to the Delicias train station, which will then involve a 10 min uphill walk from the station to the hotel. Instead, what you should do is to stop at the Madrid-Atocha. As you exit the station turnstiles, turn left and walk all the way to the end (you'll pass by the entrances for the Renfe trains as you go along). At the end, there's an exit on the right, take that exit and you'll be out on the streets, from there it's just a 5 min flat walk to the hotel.
Overall the hotel is decent for the price with lots of shops nearby and restaurants. The Queen Sofia museum is also within 5 mins walking distance.

Hotel didnt have any upgrades for Gold status and the hotel is a little older, quirky elevators and lots of weird plumbing noises.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Apologies for the late reply. We stayed at the Hotel Palacio Del Retiro, Autograph Collection. Normally they wouldn't allow 4 guests in a room but took our chances as our boys were 3 and 1 year old. Great hotel, nicely located and we were lucky to keep our rental car parked for free in front of the hotel. Breakfast was free (Platinum) with a small surcharge for hot items.
AC only offers Plat and Plat Premier a $10 food and drink credit daily. Not sure how much the typical AC breakfast is...does anyone know? Looking to stay at AC Cuzco, which I love for proximity to the metro station.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any recent thoughts on the Circulo Gran Via?

Looking for a three night stay over Christmas and was curious if this is a good spot to take in the city and nightlife?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

AC only offers Plat and Plat Premier a $10 food and drink credit daily. Not sure how much the typical AC breakfast is...does anyone know? Looking to stay at AC Cuzco, which I love for proximity to the metro station.
Checked out of the AC by Marriott Avenida de America @ Madrid. When I checked in, they greated me as a Gold (I was Gold in the old program, now I am Platinum and gained it organically) and told me there was no breakfast offered for Elites and that only thing free was the minibar. I was to tired to argue after checking in after 11pm due to late arrival from London. Next morning they denied breakfast credit and said that was not the policy for AC. Argument with Manager started that morning and included websites and new rules being shown to him from my Laptop ... really, it has been way over 4 months after new rules kicked in and this hotel has been a Marriott since many years ago.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:47 am

Normally they wouldn't allow 4 guests in a room but took our chances as our boys were 3 and 1 year old.
Was this your choice or the hotel's? What I mean is, would they allow it if you were comfortable or did they strictly enforce the guest limit? I am looking for 4 (I have a 12 and 9 yr old) and notice a Superior Room (1 King) and they allow 1 rollaway bed......room also has a small couch that I could possibly fit my (small) 9 yr old. I am just wondering if they would be ok with this if I am ok with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.