Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Madrid, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Madrid, Spain

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
CMK10, it depends on where in Madrid you need to travel to? Rooms are pretty much the same in both hotels.

AC Avenida de America offers free minibar to plats. Also according to one review on tripadvisor, they would even offer free breakfast for Plats. I can't confirm that, though, since my corporate rate includes breakfast anyway and I have always used that.
Hmm haven't really decided where I'm traveling yet, just doing the usual touristy stuff I guess...the world being my oyster and all.

Though the Plat stuff doesn't matter to me as I have zero status with Marriott.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:01 pm
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
@CMK10 I just checked out of the AC Atocha yesterday on a 5 day stay. I had a room on the 2nd floor of the main building. The see through shower is weird.
If you take the 8 metro to the the Cercanías lines;google maps is your friend; you will end up at the RENFE Atocha station. There is a stairwell in the back left (facing away from the street side of the round building) of the parking lot that will get you to the hotel in under 5 minutes. Lots of local places to eat and drink near the hotel, as a Gold I got ZIP at check in, but then I am used to getting zip with Marriott. There is no coffee maker in the room so if that is an issue for you, keep it in mind. Also, my room was not ready until 1300, even though i specificly requested an earlier check in. No biggie, they held my bag until then.
I also used the Palos de la Frontera metro more than Atocha, it was just easier to get to. I will say that like most of Madrid, the neighborhood felt very safe. I walked a friend to the bus station pickup area @ 3am and didn't feel skeeved out at all. Of course, i used to live in Kensington in Philly, so most places are safer than there....
If you are doing all 3 of the museums, get the 3 pack pass the Paseo de Arte, the queue to purchase tickets to enter the Prado was wrapped around the building and easily 45 minutes, but i got to skip it because of the pass. worth it just for the queue skipping.

Last edited by jg3; Oct 15, 2014 at 6:02 pm Reason: forgot words... Doh!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Appreciate the post, that's some great advice ^
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Hmm haven't really decided where I'm traveling yet, just doing the usual touristy stuff I guess...the world being my oyster and all.

Though the Plat stuff doesn't matter to me as I have zero status with Marriott.
I stayed at the AC Avenida in May for 5 nights and my stay was fine, everything was as it should be but the location is not nearly as convenient to many of the areas you will go to as a first time visitor. You might be better off at the Atocha or Carlson, which is close to many attractions and not far from the hop-on-off bus stop that might be good on your first full day to get the lay of the land/city. Avenida is close to a business district (Prosperidad) so is convenient for that, not so much for tourist fun.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:57 pm

My Review for the AC Atocha:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24085801-post7.html
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Deleted. I missed that the link was to the property specific thread - blonde moment!

Cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Best hotel for a longer-term stay in Madrid?

Hi all - headed to Madrid next month for work and am looking for a good hotel recommendation (prefer Marriott-family obviously). I'm working near Salamanca so something central would be best. The trip's for a good 10-12 days so would prefer something more comfortable.

A quick search turned up several AC properties but the impression I've gotten from briefly looking around is that most (or perhaps all?) of them don't honor Gold benefits - not to mention the reviews from Gold/Plat members don't seem very impressive.

Any recommendations from folks who have been to Madrid recently? My employer has corporate rates at a couple of other area hotels (notably the Intercontinental Castellana and Miguel Angel) I've been considering as well.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by chleonard
Hi all - headed to Madrid next month for work and am looking for a good hotel recommendation (prefer Marriott-family obviously). I'm working near Salamanca so something central would be best. The trip's for a good 10-12 days so would prefer something more comfortable.

A quick search turned up several AC properties but the impression I've gotten from briefly looking around is that most (or perhaps all?) of them don't honor Gold benefits - not to mention the reviews from Gold/Plat members don't seem very impressive.

Any recommendations from folks who have been to Madrid recently? My employer has corporate rates at a couple of other area hotels (notably the Intercontinental Castellana and Miguel Angel) I've been considering as well.
I think more of the AC's are offering some benefits. I emailed the AC Sants in Barcelona and they said Platinum gets breakfast (not sure about gold). I also saw on tripadvisor that elite guests got breakfast at the AC Carlton in Madrid and I'm staying there for a week in March so hopefully it is accurate. I may email to confirm! I stayed at the AC Valencia and AC Florence in the past and received breakfast. So I think it just depends!

If you find a hotel you like, find out the email or call and see if they offer benefits.

I stayed at the AC Palacio Del Retiro, Autograph Collection in Madrid last summer and loved it!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
In Madrid, the Santo Mauro and Palacio del Retiro are both Autograph Collection hotels, which do provide continental breakfast in the restaurant (neither has a lounge). I've stayed at both, most recently almost two years ago, and received the breakfast at each - and both put me (presumably upgraded) into very large rooms.

They are still labelled as AC hotels for some reason, but the Marriott Web site also identifies them as Autograph Collection.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
This thread is the closest I can find to a general 'Marriotts in Madrid' thread.

Any updates from anyone recently? Trying to decide between the two Autograph Collections, but would consider others as well (Platinum member).

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Found these two as well - still wonder if there's any updated thoughts from any members here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...nto-mauro.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...el-retiro.html
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:35 am

Autograph Collection Madrid question

Hello, as a new Gold member I'm wondering if any Marriott fans could recommend either/or the Santa Mauro or Palacio Retiro in Madrid? Do Gold members get breakfast at the Autograph Collection properties in Spain? Please advise.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I believe there are threads re: both properties, so you might want to do a search (upper right corner of the forum) & see if they come up/review the threads. Re: brekkie, yes Golds get brekkie at Autograph Collections.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
Palacio Retiro is a great hotel and well located
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by fmastr
Palacio Retiro is a great hotel and well located
I agree - wonderful hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.